HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS CET Modular Courses

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2018, 01:01 AM   #1

Lightbulb SUSS CET Modular Courses

Did anyone apply for suss cet modular courses?

I've just received SUSS email, approving my application for 4 undergrad-lvl modules this july semester.
Have to make payment by 14 july.

Looks like I'm going back to school in the evening after work.
intime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #2
Master Member

Is there any govt subsidy for CET courses? Since you will be taking 4 undergraduate-lvl modules, why not take up an undergraduate course (PT) instead? It will be about the same since you will be going back to school in the evening after work, but the major difference is, you will receive SUSS bachelors degree at the end of your undergraduate course rather than a modular cert at the end of CET course.
virus1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:47 PM   #3

Is there any govt subsidy for CET courses? Since you will be taking 4 undergraduate-lvl modules, why not take up an undergraduate course (PT) instead? It will be about the same since you will be going back to school in the evening after work, but the major difference is, you will receive SUSS bachelors degree at the end of your undergraduate course rather than a modular cert at the end of CET course.
I'm already a graduate.
So I won't get any MOE tuition grant for bachelor degrees. I will have to pay full fees if I go ahead with a PT degree.

But as a CET student applying for modular courses, I'm eligible for SkillsFuture training grant that gives me 70% subsidies for each module.
And they say the modules are stackable towards a degree...well...that's many years down the road...I'll decide on it then.

Now, I just want to broaden my skills a bit.
intime is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.