HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS (FT)/SIT/SUTD 2019-2020 Intake

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2020, 05:56 PM   #781

Hello! Anyone applying, and/or been accepted into SUSS Social Work?
StarryAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2020, 07:40 PM   #782

Hello! Anyone applying, and/or been accepted into SUSS Social Work?
Me! Will be going for interview in 2 weeks time. Did you go for interview already?
Lemontreeeee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 10:29 AM   #783

Me! Will be going for interview in 2 weeks time. Did you go for interview already?
Yes!! I went for my interview last week!! Glad to know that there are other people choosing social work too 😭 Still waiting for reply!

All the best for your interview!!

Last edited by StarryAnn; 27-04-2020 at 10:33 AM..
Old 27-04-2020, 07:37 PM   #784

Yes!! I went for my interview last week!! Glad to know that there are other people choosing social work too 😭 Still waiting for reply!

All the best for your interview!!
Thank you! Hopefully we will be able to get in!! How was your experience in the interview? Any tips?😅
Old 27-04-2020, 07:38 PM   #785

i think my answers are fine just a little unnatural because i am not used to speak in front of a webcam
Submitted on 16 Mar.
Yea let’s hope we get in, kind of anxious cause I think I didn’t perform well for the assessment..
hi there i did my hospitality business interview on 3rd april and theres no news for me, im rlly worried too!!!
I guess I can say this now(?)... I hope y'all get it! Else, just try to appeal! Don't quote me on these, but some quick tips - SIT mainly looking for people who can interview... I wouldn't say unnatural, but they will know if your answer is scripted.. you know, like the Strength & Weakness ones. That caught me off guard, legit. Don't worry 'bout the unnatural-ness/not used to being infront of the camera, I, too, was feeling awkward.

Then again, your essay or personal statement plays a huge part too. Are they you?

Sharing some tips from the open house this year,
  • Passion over Grades, are you really passionate about this? SIT is not looking for people who are hungry for grades as compared to being able to apply what you have learnt.
  • True interest. Can you see yourself working in the field down the road?
  • Innovate & Goal/Action Orientation.
  • Integrating technology and customers. Basically future proofing hospitality.

All the best! If all else fails, don't fear trying again! At this point of time, what do you have to lose?
twocupsoflatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2020, 02:55 AM   #786

I guess I can say this now(?)... I hope y'all get it! Else, just try to appeal! Don't quote me on these, but some quick tips - SIT mainly looking for people who can interview... I wouldn't say unnatural, but they will know if your answer is scripted.. you know, like the Strength & Weakness ones. That caught me off guard, legit. Don't worry 'bout the unnatural-ness/not used to being infront of the camera, I, too, was feeling awkward.

Then again, your essay or personal statement plays a huge part too. Are they you?

• Passion over Grades, are you really passionate about this? SIT is not looking for people who are hungry for grades as compared to being able to apply what you have learnt.

All the best! If all else fails, don't fear trying again! At this point of time, what do you have to lose?
thank u so much for ur tips!!! i rlly appreciate it
greentimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2020, 04:05 AM   #787

Thank you! Hopefully we will be able to get in!! How was your experience in the interview? Any tips?😅
I think I didn't do as well as expected for my interview 😅 My tip would be: better to overprepare, than underprepare!! Really depends on your topic too
Old 28-04-2020, 05:05 PM   #788

Thanks for the tips & advice!! Iíve been trying every year since 2017 & itís very taxing especially with my mediocre grades. Really hope they would focus on my personal statement & job experiences in this field..
VHYT_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2020, 06:05 PM   #789

Thanks for the tips & advice!! Iíve been trying every year since 2017 & itís very taxing especially with my mediocre grades. Really hope they would focus on my personal statement & job experiences in this field..
Hi. Were you able to secure an interview every year since 2017?
reddiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2020, 09:15 PM   #790

Hi. Were you able to secure an interview every year since 2017?
Nope, only managed to get an interview this yr.
VHYT_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #791

Nope, only managed to get an interview this yr.
Thank you. All the best. Hope you are admitted to your chosen program
reddiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2020, 10:29 PM   #792

I think I didn't do as well as expected for my interview 😅 My tip would be: better to overprepare, than underprepare!! Really depends on your topic too
Thank you for the tip!! Will use the 2 weeks to prepare for it! Dont worry, hope you will get your offer soon!
Old 28-04-2020, 11:58 PM   #793
Banned

eh the SUSS FT interview was like 1.5 hour long, I got fed up halfway and left. Also I heard the quality of education at SUSS is shiat.

Luckily SIT accountancy offered me a place.

Even NUS/NTU also not this long:
- Essay (30 mins)
- Cognitive exercise (12min)
- grp dicussion (15mins)
- interview (20mins)

SUSS is also not top 3 why their interview process so long?

Last edited by Almond_Sugar; 29-04-2020 at 12:03 AM..
Almond_Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2020, 12:18 AM   #794

eh the SUSS FT interview was like 1.5 hour long, I got fed up halfway and left. Also I heard the quality of education at SUSS is shiat.

Luckily SIT accountancy offered me a place.

Even NUS/NTU also not this long:
- Essay (30 mins)
- Cognitive exercise (12min)
- grp dicussion (15mins)
- interview (20mins)

SUSS is also not top 3 why their interview process so long?
LMAO what's your CGPA? I couldn't believe that u just left halfway during your interview.. So hilarious 😂😂😂

U got interview from THE BIG 3 uni?? what course?? I got no news from them at all..
wallace189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2020, 12:20 AM   #795
Banned

LMAO what's your CGPA? I couldn't believe that u just left halfway during your interview.. So hilarious ������

U got interview from THE BIG 3 uni?? what course?? I got no news from them at all..

Applied nursing for NUS and got interview

Your score leh?
Almond_Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.