HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS Grading System

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #1

Unhappy SUSS Grading System

Does anyone here find SUSS grading system to be very dubious? They seems to be purposely lower the scores of the students for their assignments It seems on average teachers like to give 50 - 60ish and very rarely give someone 70 and above. Apparently, teachers have to write a report if they give someone an A. This is so demoralizing. Does anyone feel that way too?
bluecorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
Master Member

urm. not say purposely, its because the marking guide stricter.. yes, if u get 70 and above,they have to write report to justify why u get it ,not because ppl not allowed to get 70 and above..

same thing.if u get below 50, they have to write report to justify if u really deserve to get the <50 marks, goes both ways. if u dont deserve the <50, then okay ah,marks will be moderated back to 50.

the marking guide is more specific now as compared to previously, each question,the guide can be quite general so very easy for teachers to easily give u mark.

passing mark might even change to 50 in the future
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #3

Does anyone here find SUSS grading system to be very dubious? They seems to be purposely lower the scores of the students for their assignments It seems on average teachers like to give 50 - 60ish and very rarely give someone 70 and above. Apparently, teachers have to write a report if they give someone an A. This is so demoralizing. Does anyone feel that way too?
I'm not sure where you heard this report thing. Personally, my assignments grades are in the 70s and 80s. And grades between 70 and 80 are not uncommon among my classmates. Also, even when the OCAS and exam scores are combined for the overall grade, A-, A, A+ are all attainable. Honestly, I don't see any issues with the grading.
orinyori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

To say that they don't give you more than 70 marks is not true. I got several assignments over 70 marks.

The justification only comes in when everyone in the class gets high marks. If I am the head of programme, I am also curious how can everyone in the class gets high marks?

But if only a few get high marks, why would they even need to justify?

When you don't get the marks you deserved, try to read the comments your tutor wrote and see how you can improve.

If you really deserve high marks, they will give you.
Onelastwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 07:50 PM   #5
Master Member

I'm not sure where you heard this report thing. Personally, my assignments grades are in the 70s and 80s. And grades between 70 and 80 are not uncommon among my classmates. Also, even when the OCAS and exam scores are combined for the overall grade, A-, A, A+ are all attainable. Honestly, I don't see any issues with the grading.
this was mentioned by my teacher also just that whether they got mention to the students or not.. this one started around two sems ago. if alot ppl get 70,if the teacher can justify, then u get the mark lor. cant fault u mah if u really get correct based on marking guide.

last time,they no need justify

positive side of this new thing is, if u get below 50 and teacher justification not strong, ur marks will be pulled up also
\
As for the A all those, i do agree that it is still attainable just that it is more difficult to get already with some courses reducing the weightage of quiz to increase it on the gba side as quiz got smth called full mark, gba dont have.

Last edited by divasion; 28-09-2018 at 07:55 PM..
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 08:28 PM   #6
Honorary Member

To say that they don't give you more than 70 marks is not true. I got several assignments over 70 marks.

The justification only comes in when everyone in the class gets high marks. If I am the head of programme, I am also curious how can everyone in the class gets high marks?

But if only a few get high marks, why would they even need to justify?

When you don't get the marks you deserved, try to read the comments your tutor wrote and see how you can improve.

If you really deserve high marks, they will give you.
Not sure for you but for mine, many of them don't write much remarks but just a score only.

Last edited by mrclubbie; 28-09-2018 at 08:31 PM..
mrclubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #7

May i know which year and course you are in?
bluecorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.