HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS January 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2017, 02:10 PM   #226

At least you made the effort to attend it, and did they walk you guys through the whole campus?

And yes, I must agree they are thick..
I didn't attend the tour, only listen to some talks and collect the materials
dustypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 02:11 PM   #227

today release ?
Yeap! today 5pm!
Old 16-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #228

Is there hall life/hostel in UniSIM ah ?
Raxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #229

I attended the orientation on Saturday, to me it's nothing much, everything can be found online. They will probably repeat them again on our first lesson. I was kinda nervous and worried when I saw how thick and heavy my books were. Hopefully I won't regret this decision!
i think everyone feels the same way (i know i did and i still do haha) but you'll be fine, don't worry! my experience so far is that not everything in the textbook is included in the course content. i'm not saying they're not needed but refer to your study guides and material covered in class so you know which topics are important and you should be alright
calliope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #230
Master Member

i think everyone feels the same way (i know i did and i still do haha) but you'll be fine, don't worry! my experience so far is that not everything in the textbook is included in the course content. i'm not saying they're not needed but refer to your study guides and material covered in class so you know which topics are important and you should be alright

ya most of the time if the textbook like super thick de, usually wont cover everything in class nor exams de. the teachers just pick and select the topics to teach for that semester one. by right,slides + PPT is sufficient le
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #231

Server down. Wow.
tcwehcs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #232

Hi schoolmates! the course timetable is actually out before 5pm. I saw mine.
Is there any whatsapp group for BsBZ?? Can someone add me in? Please PM me as i am unable to PM!! Thanks
shrimpfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 05:38 PM   #233

Hi schoolmates! the course timetable is actually out before 5pm. I saw mine.
Is there any whatsapp group for BsBZ?? Can someone add me in? Please PM me as i am unable to PM!! Thanks
Server down. Wow.
Yeap! I checked mine a few minutes before 5pm. When I wanted to go in again after 5pm, sever down already. Too many people checking.
Old 16-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #234

Yeap! I checked mine a few minutes before 5pm. When I wanted to go in again after 5pm, sever down already. Too many people checking.
after signing in, just put this

https://www.unisim.edu.sg/EService/S...tableMain.aspx

in your address bar

and it should work
Old 16-01-2017, 05:57 PM   #235

ya most of the time if the textbook like super thick de, usually wont cover everything in class nor exams de. the teachers just pick and select the topics to teach for that semester one. by right,slides + PPT is sufficient le
Thanks for the motivation! I found out today we have ebooks, so I don't know if there's really a need for textbooks? Looking for materials is a lot easier with Ctrl + F instead of flipping it page by page too.

Do people using bring their textbooks or most people bring a tablet instead?
Old 16-01-2017, 05:59 PM   #236
Master Member

Thanks for the motivation! I found out today we have ebooks, so I don't know if there's really a need for textbooks? Looking for materials is a lot easier with Ctrl + F instead of flipping it page by page too.

Do people using bring their textbooks or most people bring a tablet instead?

usually is bring slides and laptop de.the teacher dont even care if u bring anything.last sem i used my phone to see the slides,cause i forget print out
Old 16-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #237

usually is bring slides and laptop de.the teacher dont even care if u bring anything.last sem i used my phone to see the slides,cause i forget print out
I see. So textbooks can be left at home?
Old 16-01-2017, 06:03 PM   #238
Master Member

I see. So textbooks can be left at home?
ya,most of the modules my textbook i open the plastic wrapper, den never use the tb at all.lol
Old 16-01-2017, 06:06 PM   #239

ya,most of the modules my textbook i open the plastic wrapper, den never use the tb at all.lol
That's how I feel too! Plus we have the ebook, can just print out the pages that we need.
Old 16-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #240

Is there hall life/hostel in UniSIM ah ?
There's no accommodation so no, you won't get to experience hall life like in nus/ntu. If you're studying full-time, I guess you'll get to hang out with your classmates or you can take up ccas but if you're studying part-time then the opportunities for mixing around are pretty limited.. sorry :/
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.