HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS January 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2017, 09:46 AM   #316

Me please! BICT everyone taking C++ heading to school today?
Sure
Yeah.. 7pm

And have you look at the TMA? Faint..
haoKRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 10:32 AM   #317

Oops I meant Java. I've dropped you a PM add me if you're starting a Whatsapp Group
Nighthowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 10:16 AM   #318
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is pre quiz complusory need to do?

What happens if dont do?
hatredhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 01:04 PM   #319
Master Member

What happens if dont do?
Advisable to do la,not say compulsory or what BUT usually the components is like that. one part belongs to exam, and another component is GBA+quiz= 1 component. so if your quiz and gba add up together after converting never add up to 40/100, dont even bother going for exam even if u can get 100 for exam.
Is considered straight F.
Even though you see like your exam 100 + the 40 divide by 2 =70/100. it dont work like that de.

So same thing for the other way round, if your GBA+ quiz get 100/100. den ur exam get 0/100. At first ppl thot is 100+0/200 divide by 2=50/100 but no.
it straight F also. sorry if too much info.
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 02:40 PM   #320

Advisable to do la,not say compulsory or what BUT usually the components is like that. one part belongs to exam, and another component is GBA+quiz= 1 component. so if your quiz and gba add up together after converting never add up to 40/100, dont even bother going for exam even if u can get 100 for exam.
Is considered straight F.
Even though you see like your exam 100 + the 40 divide by 2 =70/100. it dont work like that de.

So same thing for the other way round, if your GBA+ quiz get 100/100. den ur exam get 0/100. At first ppl thot is 100+0/200 divide by 2=50/100 but no.
it straight F also. sorry if too much info.
When I attended the orientation the other day, from what I understand, all your quiz and pre class quiz, TMA everything that can refer to notes or internet is added up to OCAS. And exam is just exam.

Sometimes it's OCAS 50% and Exam 50% but it's not always the case. Sometimes exam is 70%. Despite the weightage, you got to pass both sections no matter what's the weightage, to pass the module. OCAS passing mark is 40/100 and if you fail it, they advise you to drop the module.

1 Pre class quiz is usually 2% of OCAS and I think there's 3 pre class quizzes, total 6%. If you think you don't need that 6% to pass OCAS then no need to do.

This is what I understand. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

But aiya, they give you free marks, just take uh.
dustypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #321

What happens if dont do?
yeah why wouldn't you want to do? nothing actually happens but like dustypixie said, why not take the chance to get more marks? i think they're meant to help us push up our marks a little.. if you miss the deadline (which is not advisable) please inform your tutor or the helpdesk.. you ought to have a good reason why you missed it but i thinkkk they can help you

and yeah like divasion and dustypixie said, it's part of your coursework and you have to pass both the exam and coursework components or it's considered an F. i usually only have one PCQ but it's 10%.. so like they said, if you fail your coursework, don't show up for the exam; they will consider you to have withdrawn from that module and you can take it again the following sem
calliope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #322
Master Member

When I attended the orientation the other day, from what I understand, all your quiz and pre class quiz, TMA everything that can refer to notes or internet is added up to OCAS. And exam is just exam.

Sometimes it's OCAS 50% and Exam 50% but it's not always the case. Sometimes exam is 70%. Despite the weightage, you got to pass both sections no matter what's the weightage, to pass the module. OCAS passing mark is 40/100 and if you fail it, they advise you to drop the module.

1 Pre class quiz is usually 2% of OCAS and I think there's 3 pre class quizzes, total 6%. If you think you don't need that 6% to pass OCAS then no need to do.

This is what I understand. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

But aiya, they give you free marks, just take uh.
ya.
at the same time, they need to take note that 40 is considered clear the module rather than pass i think. because in terms of 40/100, its considered GPA fail.
so in general, if all your modules get 40 up to 49 out of 100 consistently, you technically clear the modules but will get kicked out very soon.. because minimum need to maintain GPA of 2.0 out of 5 but iirc 40-49 is gpa 1.0 up to 1.5 respectively.
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 04:36 PM   #323

wonder what need to bring for first lesson for BUS 100 on 4 Feb and BUS 105 on 9 Feb?
shrimpfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #324

Smile

Can some 1 please delete this thread... this forums is for LOCAL, AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSITIES ONLY. Private Uni's belong to over -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> There
You have been looking down on unisim and picking on unisim students not just on this thread and I seriously wonder if you even attended any uni yourself. If you did, I would love to find out exactly which LOCAL uni you went to and what did you exactly study that made you so full of yourself.

And for your info not all unisim students lack academic abilities like you mentioned in other threads. You are just being ignorant.

An advice for you, if you have nothing nice to say, just keep your mouth shut. It'll do you good and save yourself from some bad karma.
dustypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #325

Can some 1 please delete this thread... this forums is for LOCAL, AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSITIES ONLY. Private Uni's belong to over -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> There
Quit making these type of posts if not we will take action

나연 정연 모모 사나 지효 미나 다현 채영 쯔위
Dance The Night Away | BDZ

TVB Dramas | List of Dramas | PL 2018/19 Fixtures | F1 2018 | S.H.E Fanclub
\_(ツ)_/
Ottoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #326

Hi, anybody taking PT BEng in Electronics this year?
Any seniors that got into this PT BEng programme?
Mind sharing your GPA?
Warrior188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 03:21 PM   #327

anyone taking HRM313 - Total Reward Design and Management this sem? can share the timetable for it?
onepiecepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 03:33 PM   #328

Anyone taking the COR167 Managing Your Personal Finances unit?
Can I check what is the schedule for your first lecture? Mine is scheduled on 18 February 8.30am (T08) but I have prior commitments on that day. Looking to see if there's another class I can go to.
if u do not have any background, it is better try to reshed ur commitments and go for lec. I rmb onli two or three session total nia? the lec give alots of helpful tips for the gba on the 1st session the last time round I attend her lec. not sure got change lec bo though
Old 26-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #329

if u do not have any background, it is better try to reshed ur commitments and go for lec. I rmb onli two or three session total nia? the lec give alots of helpful tips for the gba on the 1st session the last time round I attend her lec. not sure got change lec bo though
I would be abroad for work so it's not possible to reschedule. Was the lecture recorded and uploaded online for your batch?
orinyori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 09:51 PM   #330

I would be abroad for work so it's not possible to reschedule. Was the lecture recorded and uploaded online for your batch?
paiseh i din even go check online as i attend the lec. maybe u can try find ppl with the same mod pass u the tips ba
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.