HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS January 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #721

Means it is still ongoing
hmm
the remarks says last presentation on 2022/july ah?

if have den okay ah but sometimes the last presentation is fake one. i got alot modules like that, last presentation,den suddenly extend also because they have not develop the new course materials

another case was, they say this sem is last batch but they changed it and no more last batch, they straight retire my module hahaha
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #722

Hey guys! Iím a Part-Time BACC student who got enrolled for 2018/07 intake. Iíve started planning early in order to manage my time to be able to cope between work and studies. Need to block leave for revision and exam period also.

Any seniors here can help to advise whether itís manageable if I plan to take the following modules in Year 1 Semester 1:

4 compulsory core + 1 ucore

Term 1:
1) ACC201e Financial Accounting (fri)
2) BUS105e Statistics (thurs)
Term 2:
3) BUS107e Quantitative Methods (thurs)
4) HRM203e Human Behaviour in Organisations (wed)
Ucore:
5) COR160 Essential Academic Writing Skills (sat class no exam)

Another alternative selection Iíve came out with:

Term1:
2) BUS201 Contract and Agency Law (mon)
Term 2:
3) ACC203e Managerial Accounting (fri)
4) MKT202e Marketing Management (wed)
Ucore:

Heard that ACC201 is linked with ACC203 one, not sure will it be be too challenging to take both modules in the same semester with one term apart. Both modules seems to be the practical type which includes more calculations rather than theory. My question is: If both modules are taken consecutively, will it be stressful? Cause Iím thinking if can relate then just take together in the same semester if not will forget the concept if I take in the next semester.

Guys, please enlighten me

Last edited by buddyshan; 21-01-2018 at 11:47 AM..
buddyshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #723
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anybody can access canvas?

Sent from Santorini using GAGT
shashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 07:54 PM   #724
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey guys! I’m a Part-Time BACC student who got enrolled for 2018/07 intake. I’ve started planning early in order to manage my time to be able to cope between work and studies. Need to block leave for revision and exam period also.

Any seniors here can help to advise whether it’s manageable if I plan to take the following modules in Year 1 Semester 1:

4 compulsory core + 1 ucore

Term 1:
2) BUS105e Statistics (thurs)
Term 2:
3) BUS107e Quantitative Methods (thurs)
4) HRM203e Human Behaviour in Organisations (wed)
Ucore:

Another alternative selection I’ve came out with:

Term1:
2) BUS201 Contract and Agency Law (mon)
Term 2:
3) ACC203e Managerial Accounting (fri)
4) MKT202e Marketing Management (wed)
Ucore:

Heard that ACC201 is linked with ACC203 one, not sure will it be be too challenging to take both modules in the same semester with one term apart. Both modules seems to be the practical type which includes more calculations rather than theory. My question is: If both modules are taken consecutively, will it be stressful? Cause I’m thinking if can relate then just take together in the same semester if not will forget the concept if I take in the next semester.

Guys, please enlighten me
Fa and ma high failure rate one.unless u confident to pass. Else I won't suggest taking it in your first sen. Cos once it gpa drop to lower than 2 for 2 time. The school will kick you out

shashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 08:33 PM   #725

Thanks for the advice! If cannot take both modules together then I must at least take FA first lo if not I struck there cannot proceed with other ACC modules leh like waste time. Sianz I heard from my friend that MA very hard she resit and retake twice then finally pass with a B. I guess need a lot of practicing one...that’s why I hesitate to take it in sem 1 also

Fa and ma high failure rate one.unless u confident to pass. Else I won't suggest taking it in your first sen. Cos once it gpa drop to lower than 2 for 2 time. The school will kick you out

Old 21-01-2018, 08:41 PM   #726
Honorary Member

FA is the fundamental basic...

Last edited by mrclubbie; 21-01-2018 at 08:50 PM..
mrclubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 08:45 PM   #727
Honorary Member

Thanks for the advice! If cannot take both modules together then I must at least take FA first lo if not I struck there cannot proceed with other ACC modules leh like waste time. Sianz I heard from my friend that MA very hard she resit and retake twice then finally pass with a B. I guess need a lot of practicing one...that’s why I hesitate to take it in sem 1 also
I took both FA and MA during my 1st semester.

Last edited by mrclubbie; 21-01-2018 at 08:53 PM..
Old 21-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #728
Honorary Member

Old 21-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #729

Thanks for the advice! If cannot take both modules together then I must at least take FA first lo if not I struck there cannot proceed with other ACC modules leh like waste time. Sianz I heard from my friend that MA very hard she resit and retake twice then finally pass with a B. I guess need a lot of practicing one...thatís why I hesitate to take it in sem 1 also
my fren pass on 5th try for MA..
in general, every sem FA failure rate is lesser than MA. FA is around 20 to 30%.. MA around 40% every sem fyi... there was one sem,the paper set by external examiner, the failure rate was 70%. lol.

furthermore now is suss so im not sure is there any changes
Old 21-01-2018, 11:02 PM   #730

my fren pass on 5th try for MA..
in general, every sem FA failure rate is lesser than MA. FA is around 20 to 30%.. MA around 40% every sem fyi... there was one sem,the paper set by external examiner, the failure rate was 70%. lol.

furthermore now is suss so im not sure is there any changes
Thanks man! The chart very useful leh now I have a clearer overview of the course structure of all the modules very scary leh everyone is telling me MA is killer module. Really have to pray!

So you took both FA and MA together ar? Are you part-time too? So do you find it tough to take in the same sem mah?
Old 05-02-2018, 09:44 PM   #731

Hi guys, does anyone know if the JMP software is necessary for BUS105?

I'm using MBA and it doesn't have a CD drive
joozsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:26 PM   #732

Thanks man! The chart very useful leh now I have a clearer overview of the course structure of all the modules very scary leh everyone is telling me MA is killer module. Really have to pray!

So you took both FA and MA together ar? Are you part-time too? So do you find it tough to take in the same sem mah?
i would say yes..

it would be a no if ur two other modules taken same sem as fa+ma is easier lor. if not 4 paper all jialat.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #733

Hi guys, does anyone know if the JMP software is necessary for BUS105?

I'm using MBA and it doesn't have a CD drive
You can try asking your lecturer for softcopy in a removable drive. Likely they will have it. And for BUS105, i don't remb required to use JMP
Old 06-02-2018, 07:14 PM   #734
Honorary Member

PT classes with class participation marks, how are you guys coping ?

Lecturers very strict on it ?
Old 08-02-2018, 08:46 AM   #735

Anyone taking HRM203?
Can share time table?

Thanks in advance ✌🏽
ecstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.