SUSS July 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

rainbowplugs

Reaction score
Yes. It was a really long wait.. which I have no idea what took them so long! Funny thing was I got accepted without an interview. *scratches head* Anyway, fret not.. Your acceptance letter will come soon :)

Ohhhh your starting in july 2017 batch is it? haha

mgic92

Reaction score
hey may i ask when you guys received your acceptance letter for PT Business analytics after your interview. Been waiting for mine for like 1 month liao haha :)

I went for interview in Feb then got the offer in Mar.

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone taking pt HR for july intake?

i was from 2015 jan intake. i think jan 2017 intake onwards de ppl jialat cause no tips from seniors as the modules u all taking will be different from us already.. you all be taking same modules as full time students.

claire018

Reaction score
Hello! Uhh not sure tho, i just follow the recommended module they give during interview.. how about you?

Oh I see, I didn't really follow the suggested pathway because i want to space out the exams.

In the suggested pathway for term 1, we will be taking managerial econs and statistics on wed and thurs respectively.
If that is the case, on exam week 1, we will have exam on managerial econs on wed and statistics on the next day (thurs).
Shag sia.

I doubt I have enough time to study though so I try to plan to have at least 1 break day in between the exams.

rolliemollie

Reaction score
What course did you apply for ? I have my interview on 4april and my group was told that we have been offered a place to study and we need to wait 2-3 weeks for the email

I applied for Marketing! You? I still havent gotten any news from SUSS yet!

claire018

Reaction score
hey may i ask when you guys received your acceptance letter for PT Business analytics after your interview. Been waiting for mine for like 1 month liao haha :)

I went for my interview on 22 Feb 17 and on 08 Mar 17(2 weeks later), I received the offer of admission to SUSS via email. The final offer of admission will be by end May 2017.

Oxsianx

Reaction score
Oh I see, I didn't really follow the suggested pathway because i want to space out the exams.

In the suggested pathway for term 1, we will be taking managerial econs and statistics on wed and thurs respectively.
If that is the case, on exam week 1, we will have exam on managerial econs on wed and statistics on the next day (thurs).
Shag sia.

I doubt I have enough time to study though so I try to plan to have at least 1 break day in between the exams.

Another thing to note with the planning is contingency plans.
Despite having your ideal plans, during the module selection you might find that they only give you a set of choices to choose. You need to incorporate flexibility in your plan to switch modules in between semesters.

So the rule of thumb is always grab the modules that are most important first. Important in a sense that some are important pre-requisites. You need to attempt them before you can take higher level modules. Like in Finance course, you need to take statistics before you can take financial math (FM), FM is also a prerequisite for FIN309 Finance. FIN309 is also pre-requisite for the level 3 finance electives. For case like this, you will want to grab statistics on 1st sem, FM on 2nd sem and probably FIN309 on 3rd sem onwards. That will open all courses to you at the shortest possible time.

Also I would suggest try to choose a level 3 module during your first semester, preferably a level 3 ECA module to have a feel of the difference in level 1,2,3s' 'difficulty'. At the same time ECA module has no written exam, only assignments. You will also have higher chances to meet those seniors that are going to graduate. Talk to them, see how they do things. It can be valuable. 'Level' is determined by the 1st number after the alphabets e.g. FIN3XX means finance level 3 module.

You will encounter modules that are sort of 'linked' like ECO201 - managerial econs and ECO203 international econs or financial accounting and managerial accounting. I suggest you to take the first one first followed by second one e.g. ECO201 first then ECO203. Don't do the opposite as first one teaches the basic.

First semester can load more as modules tend to be 'easier' compared to doing all level 3 modules towards the end. Save some level 2 and ECA modules to do later for easier life. Work a little harder at first and make life easier towards the end. Ucore clear it in first few sem that's it. Ucore has basket 1,2,3. You need to take at least 1 from each. Basket 1 academic writing (2.5CUs) is compulsory so can consider take it in 1st sem. It is like English essay writing on 2 Saturdays, no exam just 2 written assignments. Basket 2 take one 2.5CUs module and basket 3 take one 5CUs module - done with Ucore.

So e.g. for 1st semester, you take three level 2 core modules (maybe 2 term 1, 1 term 2), one level 3 ECA module and Ucore basket 1 academic writing. Then by exam time, the ECA module will be down, Ucore 2 essays down. You will only be left with 3 written exams (2 on exam week 1, 1 on exam week 2. That will be quite manageable given they are basic level modules. As you progress further can adjust along the way.

existence92

Banned
Reaction score
Just went for the intervirw for pt accountancy, the interviewer said abt 1 month to get back.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Oxsianx

Reaction score
Just went for the intervirw for pt accountancy, the interviewer said abt 1 month to get back.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

PT courses don't have to worry much. The day that applicants got rejected after their so called 'interview' briefing session has not came yet. Sit back, relax and wait for their conditional acceptance offer.

existence92

Banned
Reaction score
PT courses don't have to worry much. The day that applicants got rejected after their so called 'interview' briefing session has not came yet. Sit back, relax and wait for their conditional acceptance offer.

Oo what does conditional acceptance mean?

Would u know what date would that be around tentatively?

_xoxoyl

Reaction score
I applied for Marketing! You? I still havent gotten any news from SUSS yet!

I applied for business. Haha same but I submitted submitted my application pretty late like 10 days before the closing date so I wasn't expecting a reply so soon 😅.

Bbdd1376

Reaction score
It has been a month since I went for suss pt interview for accountancy and I have yet to receive a reply from them. Should I start to be worried now? Haha

petshopboys

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Another thing to note with the planning is contingency plans.
Despite having your ideal plans, during the module selection you might find that they only give you a set of choices to choose. You need to incorporate flexibility in your plan to switch modules in between semesters.

So the rule of thumb is always grab the modules that are most important first. Important in a sense that some are important pre-requisites. You need to attempt them before you can take higher level modules. Like in Finance course, you need to take statistics before you can take financial math (FM), FM is also a prerequisite for FIN309 Finance. FIN309 is also pre-requisite for the level 3 finance electives. For case like this, you will want to grab statistics on 1st sem, FM on 2nd sem and probably FIN309 on 3rd sem onwards. That will open all courses to you at the shortest possible time.

Also I would suggest try to choose a level 3 module during your first semester, preferably a level 3 ECA module to have a feel of the difference in level 1,2,3s' 'difficulty'. At the same time ECA module has no written exam, only assignments. You will also have higher chances to meet those seniors that are going to graduate. Talk to them, see how they do things. It can be valuable. 'Level' is determined by the 1st number after the alphabets e.g. FIN3XX means finance level 3 module.

You will encounter modules that are sort of 'linked' like ECO201 - managerial econs and ECO203 international econs or financial accounting and managerial accounting. I suggest you to take the first one first followed by second one e.g. ECO201 first then ECO203. Don't do the opposite as first one teaches the basic.

First semester can load more as modules tend to be 'easier' compared to doing all level 3 modules towards the end. Save some level 2 and ECA modules to do later for easier life. Work a little harder at first and make life easier towards the end. Ucore clear it in first few sem that's it. Ucore has basket 1,2,3. You need to take at least 1 from each. Basket 1 academic writing (2.5CUs) is compulsory so can consider take it in 1st sem. It is like English essay writing on 2 Saturdays, no exam just 2 written assignments. Basket 2 take one 2.5CUs module and basket 3 take one 5CUs module - done with Ucore.

So e.g. for 1st semester, you take three level 2 core modules (maybe 2 term 1, 1 term 2), one level 3 ECA module and Ucore basket 1 academic writing. Then by exam time, the ECA module will be down, Ucore 2 essays down. You will only be left with 3 written exams (2 on exam week 1, 1 on exam week 2. That will be quite manageable given they are basic level modules. As you progress further can adjust along the way.

To try level 3 during 1st sem to "talk to them, see how they do things. It can be valuable"?

I personally feel the reason is 'weak'. Most of the level 3 module would required certain knowledge from level 1 and 2 (not all thou). It would not be fair to those senior who are looking to maintain certain grades and has to allocate the easier question to newly joined course-mate. Plus, student might not be able to learn the most out of that level 3 module.

I personally did a level 3 module during my 2nd sem and the so called 'seniors' are not friendly at all.:o (I did it becos of the timing and also my diploma has already covered most of the level 1 and 2 modules)

Oxsianx

Reaction score
To try level 3 during 1st sem to "talk to them, see how they do things. It can be valuable"?

I personally feel the reason is 'weak'. Most of the level 3 module would required certain knowledge from level 1 and 2 (not all thou). It would not be fair to those senior who are looking to maintain certain grades and has to allocate the easier question to newly joined course-mate. Plus, student might not be able to learn the most out of that level 3 module.

I personally did a level 3 module during my 2nd sem and the so called 'seniors' are not friendly at all.:o (I did it becos of the timing and also my diploma has already covered most of the level 1 and 2 modules)

Well, to each his own. There are level 3 modules that do not require prior knowledge and very likely they are ECA module which you can easily compensate with ample of research. By taking level 3 modules early can ease burden towards the end and also gain exposure at much earlier time. Since one eventually have to reach that stage, why not have a first hand experience and climatise to it. I personally benefitted from this. Was a bit worried about having to choose level 3 module at such an early stage but turns out it wasn't as scary as imagined. It doesn't necessarily mean you have to 'allocate easier questions' to newer guys. Helping each other can solve the issue. The newer guys can also play his part on research. After all, having prior knowledge or not, at the end of the day, everyone is new to that particular module. Unless you know how to apply your prior knowledge, everyone still have to hit that learning curve.

Last edited:

petshopboys

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, to each his own. There are level 3 modules that do not require prior knowledge and very likely they are ECA module which you can easily compensate with ample of research. By taking level 3 modules early can ease burden towards the end and also gain exposure at much earlier time. Since one eventually have to reach that stage, why not have a first hand experience and climatise to it. I personally benefitted from this. Was a bit worried about having to choose level 3 module at such an early stage but turns out it wasn't as scary as imagined. It doesn't necessarily mean you have to 'allocate easier questions' to newer guys. Helping each other can solve the issue. The newer guys can also play his part on research. After all, having prior knowledge or not, at the end of the day, everyone is new to that particular module. Unless you know how to apply your prior knowledge, everyone still have to hit that learning curve.

Maybe you can advise which level 3 modules are available?

Oxsianx

Reaction score
Maybe you can advise which level 3 modules are available?

I have mentioned in my previous posts that there are Curriculum Plan available in student portal. One can identify level 3 modules from the numbers in the module code that begins with 3XX e.g. ANL3XX or BUS3XX or ICT3XX.

tcwehcs

Reaction score
If PT sure get in no need to worry especially you got local diploma

It has been a month since I went for suss pt interview for accountancy and I have yet to receive a reply from them. Should I start to be worried now? Haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.