SUSS July 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Last semester FIN303 (new format - close book) only 20+% passing rate

benxiaoya

Reaction score
It's under Ucore. You should be able it see it in your curriculum plan. Student portal > e-services > curriculum plan.

Seems like the links for the CP never do anything for FT courses.. Only the study plan downloads. It just shows as electives haha.

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score

where the percentage rate come from ?ur teacher or. but yea. anything at 40% failure rate minimally i would considered quite a difficult module already..

the easy ones usually around 20%

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
where the percentage rate come from ?ur teacher or. but yea. anything at 40% failure rate minimally i would considered quite a difficult module already..

the easy ones usually around 20%

I went for a revision lecture few days ago. The lecturer talked about it.

Macy345

Reaction score

I went to look at the new format, and I find it doable, even easier than the open book exam that I took in Jan 2017. Personally I find the exam question to be overly direct, not much challenge. Over here, its like a class test standard if you compare it to accountancy diploma at local poly. I personally find the new setting and grading component is making it even easier to score.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I went to look at the new format, and I find it doable, even easier than the open book exam that I took in Jan 2017. Personally I find the exam question to be overly direct, not much challenge. Over here, its like a class test standard if you compare it to accountancy diploma at local poly. I personally find the new setting and grading component is making it even easier to score.

After I did the new paper, I find the old open book exam paper much easier

Passing rate do not lie

Last edited:

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
After I did the new paper, I find the old open book exam paper much easier

Passing rate do not lie

ya,i think probaby for her, she is one of the one tat benefit from the new format or rather, suited to her prefer style of exam questions..basically your that 20+%

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
ya,i think probaby for her, she is one of the one tat benefit from the new format or rather, suited to her prefer style of exam questions..basically your that 20+%

I remember there was 1 accounting module, 1 of the semesters the paper was very tough, also 20+% passing rate. The next semester they set a very easy paper, totally giveaway kind

Spladox

Master Member
Reaction score
I also realized more and more lecturers no longer "teach" - Straightaway go to tutorial qns and expect us to know

i actually prefer this way. alot of things being taught in class were simple things that you can read before class. Hope this year's FIN303 is easier :(

Spladox

Master Member
Reaction score
what is participation 6%? meaning we need to attend all lessons to get the 6% score?

Based on my experience so far, attending classes definitely nets you some points. Extra points can be gotten through answering questions in class. Some good lecturers create discussion board on canvas to help everyone get more points through posting there. I prefer lecturers who does this because lets be real here, we don't have many classes and not everyone read up before lecture so its difficult to answer sometimes.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
i actually prefer this way. alot of things being taught in class were simple things that you can read before class. Hope this year's FIN303 is easier :(

Not everyone has the luxury to read beforehand

As for FIN303, I hope so too :(

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Based on my experience so far, attending classes definitely nets you some points. Extra points can be gotten through answering questions in class. Some good lecturers create discussion board on canvas to help everyone get more points through posting there. I prefer lecturers who does this because lets be real here, we don't have many classes and not everyone read up before lecture so its difficult to answer sometimes.

Nope. Some lecturers dont give participation marks for attendance. That is why many are puzzled and pissed off with how the system works.

The thing is based on what I see, attendance should have participation marks because even the announcement stated that if you cannot attend class, you need to email the lecturer beforehand.

Spladox

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope. Some lecturers dont give participation marks for attendance. That is why many are puzzled and pissed off with how the system works.

The thing is based on what I see, attendance should have participation marks because even the announcement stated that if you cannot attend class, you need to email the lecturer beforehand.

Ah thats weird.. then I guess really depends on teacher liao

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Ah thats weird.. then I guess really depends on teacher liao

It is really confusing. If attendance is not a compulsory component for participation marks, what for the school ask students to email the lecturer if he/she is not attending the class, right ?

Gnaijispro

Reaction score
It is really confusing. If attendance is not a compulsory component for participation marks, what for the school ask students to email the lecturer if he/she is not attending the class, right ?[/Qs

sames goes to part time course also. we full time worker doing shift work where got time to go for all classes if shortage of manpwoer sia

neemo737

Reaction score
It is really confusing. If attendance is not a compulsory component for participation marks, what for the school ask students to email the lecturer if he/she is not attending the class, right ?

Actually...No need to provide email. I did it for last Friday's lesson (LOG202).
The reply from the tutor was to do the reflective Journal outline that she has provided on Canvas. The marks will be awarded from there.....

Its a bit confusing but my guess is, not required to go to class, just perform the tasks they require. In this case, reflective journal within 1 week after the lecture.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Actually...No need to provide email. I did it for last Friday's lesson (LOG202).
The reply from the tutor was to do the reflective Journal outline that she has provided on Canvas. The marks will be awarded from there.....

Its a bit confusing but my guess is, not required to go to class, just perform the tasks they require. In this case, reflective journal within 1 week after the lecture.

Thanks for the information :)

xxeymt

Reaction score
I am currently in my first semester, 2018/07 intake for FT Finance.

Any seniors out there in the same course?

May I know the level of our major courses? Understand there are level 1, 2, 3 etc for each of them.

We will have to complete the electronic course registration on the student portal next month.

Also, please advice the format and difficulty of the respective major courses and/or major electives based on your experience?

Many thanks!

benxiaoya

Reaction score
I am currently in my first semester, 2018/07 intake for FT Finance.

Any seniors out there in the same course?

May I know the level of our major courses? Understand there are level 1, 2, 3 etc for each of them.

We will have to complete the electronic course registration on the student portal next month.

Also, please advice the format and difficulty of the respective major courses and/or major electives based on your experience?

Many thanks!
Hi there,
Not from FT Finance, but you can view your degree study plan via the Student portal > E-Services > View Curriculum plan (CP) > School of Business > Study Plan under FTFNCE.

It seems to be outdated by one year as the new cohort has SCO modules under SUSS Core modules rather than CCO modules (Link) which is listed in Study Plan, but the later modules in the Study Plan shouldn't have changed much and you use the Study Plan as a reference.

I usually just ask people or google the subject code/subject name found in the Study Plan or the link above to find further information about the module. You can also click the CP for the BSc Finance in the student portal and see if the module you are looking for is inside, and clicking the name of the module will download the module information to your device.

Also a suggestion: Try to do ECR as early as possible when it opens, since the most popular dates (early week at 8.30/12pm) would be taken very fast and the system always lags terribly when ECR first starts. It's useful because profs do cover some information needed for TMA/GBA/tests in class, and being in the friday class when your TMA/GBA is due on friday sucks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.