SUSS July 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

calliope

Reaction score
Wah. sian... mine not gba though. its quiz1, tma1 and tma2 only. its the compulsory essential writing module. was wishing if they might add 1% to up my 0.5gpa. hahaha i check it from canvas via ECAS component, it says 74% (unmoderated). mayb i got a slight chance? lol :s8:

sorry I don't think so :/ but if it's like 74.5 I think they'll round it up to 75

calliope

Reaction score
Hi all would like to enquire

Understand that for TMAs, Quiz etc we will need to achieve a minimum of 40% to pass the entire module along with exams. However i managed to only get 38%.

I noted that the ocas calculator indicated the grade as "Unmoderated". in this case is there a chance that having it moderated may get it to 40%?

I hope it's not too late to tell you this.. but if your OCAS score is 38% it's kinda borderline and you should email your lecturer or HOP and see whether they advise you to take the exam. if not then please don't take the exam cause it means you'll get an F no matter how well you do for exam :/ better to withdraw and retake the module another sem

calliope

Reaction score
Hi, I am asking for a friend. He is stuck between SUSS (part-time) Psychology and HRM. I advised him that SUSS’s HRM (part-time) has no honours and therefore he should go for their Psychology instead since they do offer honours for it provided he gets at least 3.5. But that’s cos I assume degrees without honours are useless. I might be wrong, please correct me if I am. So which one is advisable to take up if he wants to land a job in the govt sector? Does having honours or no honours matter in the working world? My apologies if this is lengthy.

haha I can't really give you good advice cause my degree is without honours as well. but what I've been told is that it doesn't really matter all that much and that you'll still be able to get a govt job.. I'd probably advise him to just go with whichever he's more interested in #twocents

calliope

Reaction score
Hi i have a friend that have an MDIS mass com private diploma. With very good score, maybe 3.9 gpa. Anyone know what is the chances of him going to SUSS mass comm ?

technically, he won't qualify cause the minimum criteria is A levels or a diploma from any of the five local polytechnics :/

http://www.suss.edu.sg/admissions/Undergraduate/PT/Pages/HowToApply.aspx

can always try though.. they might just allow on a case-by-case basis. maybe can contact them and see what they say too

calliope

Reaction score
Would like to check if I can opt for other courses other than those I have already opted during the eCR? Trying to come up with an alternate plan in case I fail my exams :-(

yes, after we get our course offer you can choose to add/drop. there's a fee of $64.20 though

xoxomatcha

Reaction score
yes, after we get our course offer you can choose to add/drop. there's a fee of $64.20 though

Wow no wonder they keep prompting us to complete our eCR!!
No use planning now since exam results are not out yet. Will have to wait and plan accordingly from there. $64.20 is so not worth it though :(

orinyori

Reaction score
Oh dear!! Do I contact the IT help desk if I’m facing issue with my OCAS calculator on canvas app? I actually can use the OCAS calculator if I log into canvas using the net.

yeps. I think you can contact the IT support to let them know. :)

Gnaijispro

Reaction score
Guys,

The phase 1 of program for sch of business compulsory courses required is 60cu?. but the AOO email list stated 100cu instead of 60cu. So much???

On top of that still got phase 2 20cu and phase 2b 40cu.

onepiecepop

Reaction score
Guys,

The phase 1 of program for sch of business compulsory courses required is 60cu?. but the AOO email list stated 100cu instead of 60cu. So much???

On top of that still got phase 2 20cu and phase 2b 40cu.

u go under e-service -> view academic profile -> scroll now can see your graduation requirement. duno about what email but if u just follow graduation requirement should be allrite

Gnaijispro

Reaction score
u go under e-service -> view academic profile -> scroll now can see your graduation requirement. duno about what email but if u just follow graduation requirement should be allrite

Hi, Thanks for your speedy reply. I hvn get my suss portal acc yet. Will do soon and check after i receiving it.

And is Bus105e Statistics very hard to pass?. Heard involves lots of numeric.

onepiecepop

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for your speedy reply. I hvn get my suss portal acc yet. Will do soon and check after i receiving it.

And is Bus105e Statistics very hard to pass?. Heard involves lots of numeric.

ya numbers and formula. if u ok with e-maths / a-maths, shld not be an issue

onepiecepop

Reaction score
lol gg. I very poor in math.

lol gg. then find someone who is good in maths or seems good in maths and team up for your group project haha.

as for quiz, i can send u some of the correct answer who I compile myself last time.

for exam, good luck and study well and go kajiao your lec for tips :s13:

Gnaijispro

Reaction score
lol gg. then find someone who is good in maths or seems good in maths and team up for your group project haha.

as for quiz, i can send u some of the correct answer who I compile myself last time.

for exam, good luck and study well and go kajiao your lec for tips :s13:

level 1 module only statistics and quantitative method involves math?. Think i try to clear those non mathematics modules first. Coz i working full time. See math i headache.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.