HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS Law 2020

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2019, 07:57 PM   #256

Hello! Iíve been lurking this place for a Long time. Only after Iíve got acceptance I joined haha. Mind sending me the link for the WhatsApp or telegram group? I canít seem to get into the telegram group anymore. Do pm me as I am unable to pm anyone due to a new account
Jyleebrian96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:07 PM   #257

Just pm youl. Let me know if you received?
Hello! Mind pming me the link for WhatsApp or telegram pls !
Old 02-12-2019, 08:35 PM   #258

Hehe

Guys~

t.me/llb2020
Link for the telegram group chat.
Iíll change to private chat next week.
Hello! Do send me a link or pm me ! I canít seem to join the group !
Old 02-12-2019, 10:34 PM   #259

Hello! Do send me a link or pm me ! I canít seem to join the group !
Hi ^^
Sorry we changed the group to private.
Can I have ur username or contact number for me to invite you to the group?
Kpopmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:00 PM   #260

Havegunwilltravel had replied you substantively on our sources of law and I will not get into that except to say that you may wish to have a better understanding before making generalisations.

Before I reply you substantively, let' see.

You PMed me on 17 June 2016 about Temasek Polytechnic's Diploma in Legal Executive Studies.

Prior to that, you claimed, on 19 August 2013, that you were taking the UOL LLB at SAA. However, you were asking about SIM-UOL Banking & Finance on 3 June 2016 with a view to taking it up.

Then you claimed on 2 September 2016 that you were educated in UK and you scored 35 for LNAT.

Subsequently, you started a thread on 2 November 2016 asking about the viability of taking MBBS in China and then returning to Singapore to be a doctor upon completion of study. In a later post on the same thread, on 19 November 206, you claimed to be starting school in Wuhan in the coming January.

On 29 November 2017, you claimed to be in UK and having to read 60+ cases.

You sure have an impressive thirst for knowledge, from taking up distance learning degree at a private institution and then finding out about a part-time diploma at a local polytechnic and another distance learning degree at a local institution to studying in China and UK.

By the way, it's 'composition' and not 'composite' of the panel.

I made the point about the composition of the interview panel because in my personal experience and those of my friends and relative, there were always 4 interviewers. The panel consists of 2 industry's representatives (practicing lawyers), a social worker and a member of the faculty. All of them will take turns to ask questions based on the viewpoint of the community that they represent.

Admittedly, 6 interviews across all 4 intakes aren't terribly representative of the composition of all the interview panels but compared to that 1 alleged example that you raised, I leave it to others to decide who is more persuasive.

Besides, if saying that a famous lawyer was on the interview panel will make your claim seems more credible, then I can tell you for a fact that most, if not all, of the interview panels would consist of famous lawyers.

The Dean, Professor Leslie Chew, SC had a distinguished career in both public service and private practice. He is famous in his own right and he sits on some of the interview panel as the faculty's representative. Another member of the faculty, Mr Ferlin Jayatissa, had, amongst others, acted for the ex-policeman in the Kovan double murder whilst in private practice. Prior to that, he was a DPP. He is famous in his own right and he was among the interviewers too. These 2 gents are the only 2 members of the faculty that I happened to know about who were on the interview panels as the faculty's representatives and I have not even talked about the lawyers in private practice who were there as the industry's representatives. These practicing lawyers whom I knew to have been the interviewers, they have had reported cases to their names and while they might be famous to me and those in the industry, they might not be to the general public. Fame is relative and bandying about the term "famous lawyer" is easy but it does nothing to enhance your credibility, which you were trying to do when you tossed about your example of a famous lawyer being 1 of the interviewers only once.

On your point about the intention of the powers that be, you are making a comment that may be, in my opinion, contemptuous of Singapore's legal system and the Courts so I will not debate with you on the same.

Lastly, there are closed book test(s).
Give u a big like
Old 03-12-2019, 12:29 AM   #261

Hi ^^
Sorry we changed the group to private.
Can I have ur username or contact number for me to invite you to the group?
Hello my telegram user name is jyleebrian.
I canít reply you because my hwz account is new
Old 03-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #262

Hello my telegram user name is jyleebrian.
I canít reply you because my hwz account is new
I canít seems to find ur username.
I have change the chat to public for the time being.
t.me/llb2020
Old 03-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #263
Arch-Supremacy Member

@Kpopmelody. PMed.

Anybody had trouble adding the compulsory modules when doing acceptance? I had only 1 available. I emailed admission and was told that they will look into getting more slots available. That doesn't make sense to me since we more or less follow a standard pathway and besides us, who are taking those modules?
fireduke86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #264

JTS :The 2 Singapore Chronicles books are on 12% webstore online sale at Kinokuniya till 4 Dec, no codes needed.

Couple of dollars cheaper than from ST Press
1chuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:17 PM   #265

@Kpopmelody. PMed.

Anybody had trouble adding the compulsory modules when doing acceptance? I had only 1 available. I emailed admission and was told that they will look into getting more slots available. That doesn't make sense to me since we more or less follow a standard pathway and besides us, who are taking those modules?
IIRC u have to manually add the remaining modules 1 by 1. All first years have to take the same 4 modules for 1st semester... I verified with SUSS on this.
1chuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #266
Arch-Supremacy Member

IIRC u have to manually add the remaining modules 1 by 1. All first years have to take the same 4 modules for 1st semester... I verified with SUSS on this.
Thank you. I was aware that they are compulsory and I have to add them separately but those 3 were listed as quota full.
fireduke86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:01 PM   #267

Textbooks

Hi all, you may want to consider buying textbooks from seniors. Will help to reduce costs a little!
Mochi030215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #268

Hi all, you may want to consider buying textbooks from seniors. Will help to reduce costs a little!
Thank you for this suggestion.

Are you selling yours?
Havegunwilltravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:11 PM   #269

Are you selling yours?
hi im not sure if there is any change in the booklist. why dont you let me know and i'll check to see if its the same? u can pm me!
Old 09-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #270

Are you selling yours?
my account is new so I can't respond through PM oops. i cant seem to find you on telegram. why dont you add me on telegram? my username is Mochi030215
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.