HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS Law 2020

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2019, 04:31 AM   #76

Checked with SUSS, they are aiming for 15th Nov. Unless any unforeseen situation, may delay 1 week. So hang in there!
Thanks Jazz_chin for sharing this info.
Havegunwilltravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #77

Ola amigo. 1. Do you have a degree currently? The typical LNAT score that the school accepts are based on their own discretion. Itís typically the average of the cohort then they assess from there.

2. We do not know. We are awaiting to experience that too provided we are given a slot.

3. You just answered yourself bro.

Hi guys, I'm 32 this year and interested to take up JD in SUSS. I have a couple of qns and hope to receive some guidance from you guys...

1. What is the typical LNAT score to even receive the interview? Saw on previous posts, a score of 16 should suffice?

2. I understand from the SUSS course admin that there are some lectures on certain Saturdays and they are compulsory lessons. May I ask how often are these lessons? I'm working on shift and will be required to work on some Saturdays.

3. Are there older candidates around? Read from some article that the average age of SUSS law students are in their late thirties.

Appreciate some reply 😊 thank you.
Paralegal90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:44 AM   #78

Thanks, Paralegal 90. Yes I have a Bsc Business from SIM- Uni of London.

All the best to you 😀
Towkaytay87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #79

Thanks, Paralegal 90. Yes I have a Bsc Business from SIM- Uni of London.

All the best to you 😀
Ditto! And to everyone else too
Old 08-11-2019, 07:11 PM   #80

Hi guys, I'm 32 this year and interested to take up JD in SUSS. I have a couple of qns and hope to receive some guidance from you guys...

1. What is the typical LNAT score to even receive the interview? Saw on previous posts, a score of 16 should suffice?

2. I understand from the SUSS course admin that there are some lectures on certain Saturdays and they are compulsory lessons. May I ask how often are these lessons? I'm working on shift and will be required to work on some Saturdays.

3. Are there older candidates around? Read from some article that the average age of SUSS law students are in their late thirties.

Adding on to Paralegal answers.

1. This course mainly need to see ur passion in criminal and social law. If u unable to convince them... even if u score above average ~ u may not even get a slot. (other forum members mentioned it) Accordingly to the speaker during the course introduction. Of course~ ur lnat must have at least 10 plus. (This is to ensure u understand paragraphs and texts. My advice is not to worry about lnat. Worry more about how you convince them during the interview.

2. Generally, in a week, you can expect to have two classes to attend. 1 on weekday and 1 on sat. SUSS told me that the timetable not out yet.
I suggest to make yourself free on sat because even there is no class. There will be a discussion with classmates too. For project or etc.

3. The introduction session told me that SUSS courses have students in late 50 or 60. I donít think age is a concern here. After all, you can work until very old for the law.

Last edited by Kpopmelody; 08-11-2019 at 07:13 PM..
Kpopmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #81

Thanks, kpopmelody for the insights!

Would you mind to also share if you have worked in legal fields or if you have done any related community work?

Last edited by Towkaytay87; 08-11-2019 at 09:01 PM..
Old 08-11-2019, 09:06 PM   #82

Good luck to everyone Refreshing to see this level of energy that I once had.

Pioneer intake here and going on to my 4th year next year, yippee.

If you have any questions once you get accepted feel free to PM me, happy to share my experience.

Just to share some points.

1) For the JD folks, a few of my batch mates have taken a break from studying. I am not sure if their breaks were due to financial strains or other reasons. So you know taking a break is possible. Speak to your academic advisor if needed.

2) My friend applied for JD and was rejected. He felt that the panel concluded that he would not be able to afford the JD fees, based on the questions they asked. So this is a factor they weigh on when interviewing you.

3) Some of the lecturers are awesome, while some are....meh. This is usually reflected in the quality of their study guides.

4) Some quit their jobs to focus on studying full time to stay afloat at 3.5 GPA.

5) I strongly recommend you, especially the JD folks, to research on the starting pay of a junior lawyer in a small firmís criminal/family law department. Also research on a traineeís pay, since you will be earning trainee pay for 1 year, on top of supporting your wife/husband/kid(s)/sick parents.
hazard89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:21 AM   #83
Arch-Supremacy Member

Answering in sequence.

1. I know of candidates who were accepted with low double digits. I also knew others who scored above average and were rejected so while LNAT might be an admission criteria, it doesn't seem that important, at least to me.

2. From the experience of my ex-colleagues in the first batch, my relative in the second batch and anor ex-colleague in the third batch, the compulsory Saturdays seemed to be limited to the Boot camp (4 Saturdays) at the start of the course.

3. My relative is in her 40s. I understand that there are candidates around the same age or older.
fireduke86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #84

Thanks alot for your reply. Wish you all the best in your studies and hope you will do well as a lawyer.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:45 PM   #85

Yes, what kpopmelody say is true. Iím currently in the legal field working as a paralegal doing fam law and conveyancing. Having knowledge and passion in crim/fam sector is definitely a plus point.

End of the day, itís about you showing them that youíll be committed to these sector but donít over wayang cause they have very sharp eyes. After all, the interviewers are lawyers too and theyíre trained

Adding on to Paralegal answers.

1. This course mainly need to see ur passion in criminal and social law. If u unable to convince them... even if u score above average ~ u may not even get a slot. (other forum members mentioned it) Accordingly to the speaker during the course introduction. Of course~ ur lnat must have at least 10 plus. (This is to ensure u understand paragraphs and texts. My advice is not to worry about lnat. Worry more about how you convince them during the interview.

2. Generally, in a week, you can expect to have two classes to attend. 1 on weekday and 1 on sat. SUSS told me that the timetable not out yet.
I suggest to make yourself free on sat because even there is no class. There will be a discussion with classmates too. For project or etc.

3. The introduction session told me that SUSS courses have students in late 50 or 60. I donít think age is a concern here. After all, you can work until very old for the law.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:52 PM   #86

Anyone received any acceptance or rejection emails yet?
SpicyManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:56 PM   #87

Anyone received any acceptance or rejection emails yet?
Nope. So I guess the school is probably still processing our applications. According to last year's SUSS Law thread, most applicants only received their offer after 20 November 2018. So for now I guess no news is good news.

I understand how apprehensive waiting can be, with all the anxiety building up. But at the end of the day, what is meant to be will be. If one is fated to become a lawyer, a doctor, or even an astronaut, this very goal they are aiming for will find its way into their life sooner or later.

We have already done all we could for the application, by submitting the necessary documents, taking the LNAT and attending the interview. So for now, all we really need to do is to be patient, keep our hopes up, and pray that good things will follow.

Good night, my learned friend!

Last edited by TonyMercifulAttorney; 11-11-2019 at 10:59 PM..
TonyMercifulAttorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 12:11 AM   #88

Nope. So I guess the school is probably still processing our applications. According to last year's SUSS Law thread, most applicants only received their offer after 20 November 2018. So for now I guess no news is good news.

I understand how apprehensive waiting can be, with all the anxiety building up. But at the end of the day, what is meant to be will be. If one is fated to become a lawyer, a doctor, or even an astronaut, this very goal they are aiming for will find its way into their life sooner or later.

We have already done all we could for the application, by submitting the necessary documents, taking the LNAT and attending the interview. So for now, all we really need to do is to be patient, keep our hopes up, and pray that good things will follow.

Good night, my learned friend!

Well said, my friend! Everything happens for a reason. Good night!
SpicyManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 07:28 AM   #89

Anyone knows around what time the results comes out?
Old 15-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #90

No idea. Can be anytime within the day but would expect during office hours.

Anyone knows around what time the results comes out?
jazz_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.