SUSS LAW 2021

_Vincentius_

Reaction score
Hi, I am one of the few who had received the LLB offer for the 2021 intake last year. The best way to prepare for the written test and interview is to keep abreast of all the latest news relating to criminal and family law (ie. any rulings made by the courts). Be prepared to defend your arguments when questioned by the panel of interviewers. They will attempt to invalidate all your arguments and you only have a few seconds to think through before replying them. I was also asked a few questions regarding about the future of the legal industry. All the best, looking forward to meeting most of you in school this coming January!

badrjww

Reaction score
Hi, I am one of the few who had received the LLB offer for the 2021 intake last year. The best way to prepare for the written test and interview is to keep abreast of all the latest news relating to criminal and family law (ie. any rulings made by the courts). Be prepared to defend your arguments when questioned by the panel of interviewers. They will attempt to invalidate all your arguments and you only have a few seconds to think through before replying them. I was also asked a few questions regarding about the future of the legal industry. All the best, looking forward to meeting most of you in school this coming January!

thank you so much for the tips! goodluck to everyone 🎉🎉

sueannje

Reaction score

thank you for sharing!! does this mean they asked questions related to our views on these aspects of the law?

mr_zee

Reaction score

Thank you for the tip!

cliche82

Reaction score
Hi All,

I applied for the Jan 21 intake too and rcvd the interview notice few days back.

Thanks for having the discussion and yes..going tru the past intake's threads really helps.

All the best to everyone !!

badrjww

Reaction score
You may wish to refer to past year threads of SUSS law intake for more detailed understanding~based on what I gathered, should be the same as LNAT style~

I was just wondering, if the questions are going to be like LNAT, is there gonna be a few questions that we can choose from?

cliche82

Reaction score
I was just wondering, if the questions are going to be like LNAT, is there gonna be a few questions that we can choose from?

I think it is different as we will be given question or questions based on some articles.

_Vincentius_

Reaction score
thank you for sharing!! does this mean they asked questions related to our views on these aspects of the law?

The interviewers are aware that most of us do not have any prior legal backgrounds, as such, they would largely ask questions that tests our critical thinking skills and moral compass (this applies to both the essay test and interview). I will use an example to illustrate my point (this is purely my own opinion of how the interviewers might phrase their questions, and by no means any indication/confirmation of how the interview/essay test will be conducted).

I believe we are all aware of the recent series of sexual misconduct cases by students from a certain tertiary education institute, and the recent case of a famous influencer in Singapore.
How they might approach would be to ask:
1) Why do you think there is a rising trend of sexual misconduct by young adults?
2) How do you think we can better educate young Singaporeans about sexual consent and respect?

Other topics that I feel may also be relevant would include professional misconduct of lawyers and child abuse.

cliche82

Reaction score
The interviewers are aware that most of us do not have any prior legal backgrounds, as such, they would largely ask questions that tests our critical thinking skills and moral compass (this applies to both the essay test and interview). I will use an example to illustrate my point (this is purely my own opinion of how the interviewers might phrase their questions, and by no means any indication/confirmation of how the interview/essay test will be conducted).

I believe we are all aware of the recent series of sexual misconduct cases by students from a certain tertiary education institute, and the recent case of a famous influencer in Singapore.
1) Why do you think there is a rising trend of sexual misconduct by young adults?
2) How do you think we can better educate young Singaporeans about sexual consent and respect?

Other topics that I feel may also be relevant would include professional misconduct of lawyers and child abuse.

Thank u..that's so useful.

badrjww

Reaction score

thank you so much ☺️ this really helps!

reddiscus

Reaction score
Hi. I had to choose from 4 Wednesdays in the month of September. Which day does your interview fall on?

I applied for the JD program.

Thank you

Last edited:

badrjww

Reaction score
Hi. I had to choose from 4 Wednesdays in the month of September. Which day does your interview fall on?

I applied for the JD program.

Thank you

Mine is on second week of September. And same! I applied for JD too 😬 Goodluck!

cliche82

Reaction score
Hi All,

Booked my slot for the 1st week..morning....all best to all. Applied for LLB

Last edited:

producer.grd

Reaction score
Based on the booking schedule, is the interview duration only 15 mins?

In practice, I think it would extend beyond that if the panel asks more questions and if one has to elaborate on their answers~even the 20 minutes limit for lawyers to argue their case in the Court of Appeal does extend further as a result of questioning from judges.

sueannje

Reaction score
Based on the booking schedule, is the interview duration only 15 mins?

i came to ask this question too haha. do you all know if there are multiple interviews (2 or 3) happening in 1 time slot with different interviewers?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.