SUSS Part time 2018/07 intake

calliope

Reaction score
I'm enrolled in BSc in Marketing.

Did some quick read through, different courses have different requirement for graduating.

For mine, it's 130 CU which is 80 CU from Compulsory Courses, 10 from U-Cores, 30 from Electives.

I'm thinking of taking 2 Compulsory with 1 U-Core for my Semester 1. Hopefully I can clear the U-core and focus on Electives and Compulsory by Year 2.

Sounds like a good plan :) some people try to clear the ucores asap so they can focus on other modules. I personally spread it out by taking one ucore each sem for my first two years. Up to you really. All the best!

Marcxin

Reaction score
Currently enroll in BSC -Business . Any senior have guide on which course should i focus first and clear it . I totally have no clue XD. I also advised to clear english proficency course thingy . Need help XD.

Last edited:

Namida_rei

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, how do u guys plan to cope? Working full time n study part time sounds scary

NatureKeeper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, how do u guys plan to cope? Working full time n study part time sounds scary
Same thinking also...
For me, I will go slow for now. 2 to 3(max) modules per sem.
No use rushing doing all 4 max modules to finish faster, then failing and retake them all over again.

Last edited:

yasmd78

Reaction score
Hi seniors...how do u spend your typical day as part time students? Do you study and do your assignments on the way/to & from work and at home everyday? Or do u have alternate study day? Say if u take 3 mods per sem, how do u break it down weekly? Is there life? thank you

Last edited:

nowheretogo

Reaction score
Hello, any seniors taking the Translation&Interpretation programme? Care to share how is it like? I know that there are Chinese readings to be studied as part of the Chinese core courses. Are the Chinese readings very profound? Is there Chinese literature and history? Also, is the course suitable for someone who's considered good in Chinese language but not as good in English? Would like to know more about the course as there's not much info available anywhere.. Thank you :)

Nirvani

Reaction score
Hi seniors...how do u spend your typical day as part time students? Do you study and do your assignments on the way/to & from work and at home everyday? Or do u have alternate study day? Say if u take 3 mods per sem, how do u break it down weekly? Is there life? thank you
Just finished last paper for this semester today.. Yes it is rough and you will have to be self disciplined. For many weekends during the semester you have to give up personal and family time to do your assignments and study for exams. Normal work and weekend routine in fact becomes like a holiday for me.

eriolmoon2008

Master Member
Reaction score

Im from 2014 batch. Taking 4 semester often during my studies. All incan advise is time management is impt... especially for those first year... Once u survive 1st - 2nd year... the rest should be ease...

My project/essays assisgment method is 1 day 200 words...10 days should be at least 2000 word can clock.

Exam is minimal 3 days, maximum 2 weeks to prepare for minimum 1 paper and maximum 4 papers...

Need alot discipline and effort if wan pass... to score well need to put in alot more effort than me.... (my gpa is 2.8 plus not high but still pass fyi)

Hope it helps...

yasmd78

Reaction score
Im from 2014 batch. Taking 4 semester often during my studies. All incan advise is time management is impt... especially for those first year... Once u survive 1st - 2nd year... the rest should be ease...

My project/essays assisgment method is 1 day 200 words...10 days should be at least 2000 word can clock.

Exam is minimal 3 days, maximum 2 weeks to prepare for minimum 1 paper and maximum 4 papers...

Need alot discipline and effort if wan pass... to score well need to put in alot more effort than me.... (my gpa is 2.8 plus not high but still pass fyi)

Hope it helps...

Thanks for the insights. :) that sounds really rough already..i have to brace myself..haha..
So are all assignments in essay format?
What is the average GPA?is it tough to even get 2.

yasmd78

Reaction score
Just finished last paper for this semester today.. Yes it is rough and you will have to be self disciplined. For many weekends during the semester you have to give up personal and family time to do your assignments and study for exams. Normal work and weekend routine in fact becomes like a holiday for me.

Sounds scary..haha..im going to hv to face it soon..lol
Thank you..

roarnobo

Reaction score
Guys can ask for opinion , i got accepted to SUSS part time Business and IT course (4 years )and UOL computing and information systems (3years)... which one should i choose? is it wise to take a part time degree compared to a full time ? or should i just stick to a local uni. opinions please! thanks 1

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.