HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SUSS Part Time 2019/01

Like Tree54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2018, 03:12 PM   #601

So let’s say if touchwood fail one of the module, need to retake next semester and pay for the course again am I right ?
RandySee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #602

So letís say if touchwood fail one of the module, need to retake next semester and pay for the course again am I right ?
Bobao. In most cases, fail means resit (take final paper only, don't need do Tma GBA). Unless fail till damn jialat (think exam score less than 15 or 25 ), then is retake (take the mod again, redo tma GBA)
jokerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #603
Master Member

Bobao. In most cases, fail means resit (take final paper only, don't need do Tma GBA). Unless fail till damn jialat (think exam score less than 15 or 25 ), then is retake (take the mod again, redo tma GBA)
yrp. and on the case of RETAKE/not resit, govt will still subsidise.. if i remembered correctly, government got subsidy extra 30cu? means ur total cu is 130, u technically can retake 6 times or 6 diff modules. Thereafter,u pay full amount for per module
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #604

Is anyone here taking a part time course that has major/minor?
I'm in Business w Psychology minor, and I can't seem to select any Psychology modules (such as Introduction to Psychology 1/2) for my first semester.

Does anyone know if there is a requirement to complete your major modules first before you can pick minor modules??
Hi. at the email at one of the attachments, i think they stated that it's recommended to start the minor modules from the 4th sem onwards. I'm minoring in paramedicine. take up the courses that they recommended you to. i think they want you to prioritize and clear the compulsory and Ucore first
Eshyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 06:37 PM   #605

Maximum 70CU? Wow. Thatís some real **** there man.
same goes to me. i rmb clearly that i am eligible for the govt subsidy as i've just completed poly and this is my first uni program. i will head down to sch tmr and update you once again!

Anyways, anyone must take the english test as well?
Eshyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 06:55 PM   #606
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you want a 2 years degree, maybe you should look at Kaplan instead. The curriculum there is much easier too. For SUSS, the minimum would be 3 years in general. You are allowed to take up to 20cu of core modules a semester. So out of that 130cu, 120cu are core modules. So you will need 6 semesters for this.

You can write in to request to take more than 20cu of core modules per semester but this is subject to approval. If you are a borderline GPA 2.0 person, I don't think they would allow you to do so many modules. They want to make sure you can cope also. Instead of loading up and failing everything. Do consider the fact that this is a part time program but the materials you need to learn is the SAME as a full time program and most of us are working full time at the same time.
Minimum need above 3 GPA to request for 30cu study load, basically like those Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) aka accelerated pathway programme to complete basic degree in 2 years.
Old 25-11-2018, 07:35 PM   #607

Ohh I see like that one uh 🤔🤔 thanks for the info

RandySee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #608

Sadly, I have to the the English prog too. Similar to yours, but the issue is only after payment they give us the access before we can do so right?

same goes to me. i rmb clearly that i am eligible for the govt subsidy as i've just completed poly and this is my first uni program. i will head down to sch tmr and update you once again!

Old 26-11-2018, 01:19 AM   #609

I just tried to select my modules and I am only allowed to select 4 modules (20CUs) and I donít get to choose which modules I want to take first, they give me the exact 4 and I can choose 20CU or lesser.

Is it supposed to be like this? Like they preplanned your journey and courses for you already. I mean I donít mind but I was just surprised that I donít really get to choose except for how many out of the 4 modules I want to take hahaha.
Claree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 01:49 AM   #610

I just tried to select my modules and I am only allowed to select 4 modules (20CUs) and I donít get to choose which modules I want to take first, they give me the exact 4 and I can choose 20CU or lesser.

Is it supposed to be like this? Like they preplanned your journey and courses for you already. I mean I donít mind but I was just surprised that I donít really get to choose except for how many out of the 4 modules I want to take hahaha.
It's not pre-planned but depending on your course, they may limit certain modules for the first semester. Like I think I wasn't allowed to choose any level 2 modules in the first semester.
orinyori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #611

Sadly, I have to the the English prog too. Similar to yours, but the issue is only after payment they give us the access before we can do so right?
Same.. I have to go for the eng prog, and yea you have to pay for the 1st sem in order to get the login details to start on the eng prog. What course are you in? Im taking comms with multimedia.
junn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #612
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone going to apply TFL by DBS? Click into the register page suddenly need 3k plus, limpeh no money sia
I think i go down drink tea time ask. Shocked sia
Yes me too. I took 4 modules with one Ucore it cost me 7.4k. Itís crazy. Iím going to the office on Monday

UPDATE: i called SUSS. the person said i had registration error / technical glitch and solved the govt subsidy problem for me. u can call the numbers below and ask for help. saves u a trip to SUSS if u live far away from it.

Part-time Application and Admission Enquiries

School of Humanities & Behavioural Sciences
6248 9332

School of Business
6248 9336 / 9337

S R Nathan School of Human Development
6248 5785 / 0118 / 9337 / 9334

School of Law
6248 0127

School of Science & Technlogy
6248 9331
juventusfc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 12:20 PM   #613
Arch-Supremacy Member

what u shld see for 5 CU after govt subsidy:

juventusfc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #614
Suspended

UPDATE: i called SUSS. the person said i had registration error / technical glitch and solved the govt subsidy problem for me. u can call the numbers below and ask for help. saves u a trip to SUSS if u live far away from it.

Part-time Application and Admission Enquiries

School of Humanities & Behavioural Sciences
6248 9332

School of Business
6248 9336 / 9337

S R Nathan School of Human Development
6248 5785 / 0118 / 9337 / 9334

School of Law
6248 0127

School of Science & Technlogy
6248 9331
Thanks, going drink kopi anyway. Got alot qn to ask
Apple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #615

what u shld see for 5 CU after govt subsidy:

Thereís different pricing for diff age correct?

Your current price you showed, may I know whatís your age?
uniquely_ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.