SUSS Part Time 2019/01

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #1276
Supremacy Member

yoooo sco101 4.16 one where? liplai
Apple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2019, 11:34 PM   #1277

Hi fellow sch mates, just to check. For the 2019/1 intake, theybonly have 3 suss core ?? That is super boring? The previous ucore has things like western painting. So they are not offering to current batch?
Namida_rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2019, 11:35 PM   #1278
Supremacy Member

Hi fellow sch mates, just to check. For the 2019/1 intake, theybonly have 3 suss core ?? That is super boring? The previous ucore has things like western painting. So they are not offering to current batch?
Nope only the 3 to complete
Apple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2019, 11:40 PM   #1279
Master Member

ya dont have.u all first batch lol so that everyone take same thing.
divasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 12:24 AM   #1280

Wahhhh..heng ar..hahhaa! Sorry to hijack this thread. I am actually from the 2018/7 intake.
No wonder I heard so many ppl complain at the simi why do good and the space people module. I will sure zzz. So i am the last batch to enjoy nonsense modules like western painting, music appreciation. Lol!

Okay.. everyone have fun in sch!
Namida_rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 12:32 PM   #1281

Yes, the 2019/01 intake will take the 3 UCORE modules. Personally, I enjoy the "Why Do Good?" module and am looking forward to the other 2 in the upcoming terms. These modules require a general understanding and awareness of philosophy, moral, technology, economics and more. Essentially, the more general knowledge you have, the better you will perform and readily grasp these concepts.

Where I see other students struggle, is largely due to them possessing a narrow view and understanding of general matters, unable to extrapolate and bridge varying perspectives and ideas.

You can opt to take different modules outside of your major/minor with the 10 Cu General Elective basket. Fancy 4 modules at 2.5 Cu? Or 2 at 5 Cu each? Go wild!
anvily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 01:40 PM   #1282

Yes, the 2019/01 intake will take the 3 UCORE modules. Personally, I enjoy the "Why Do Good?" module and am looking forward to the other 2 in the upcoming terms. These modules require a general understanding and awareness of philosophy, moral, technology, economics and more. Essentially, the more general knowledge you have, the better you will perform and readily grasp these concepts.

Where I see other students struggle, is largely due to them possessing a narrow view and understanding of general matters, unable to extrapolate and bridge varying perspectives and ideas.

You can opt to take different modules outside of your major/minor with the 10 Cu General Elective basket. Fancy 4 modules at 2.5 Cu? Or 2 at 5 Cu each? Go wild!
I'm from an earlier semester so I don't get to do the Why Do Good module. I had to do The Moral Compass instead. It's also an ethics module and I enjoyed it so much!!

Hope you'll enjoy your other modules too!
orinyori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 02:44 PM   #1283

I'm from an earlier semester so I don't get to do the Why Do Good module. I had to do The Moral Compass instead. It's also an ethics module and I enjoyed it so much!!

Hope you'll enjoy your other modules too!
Thanks! I'm trying to maintain my enthusiasm for classes.

It feels like "Why Do Good?" is a revamped "The Moral Compass" module, from speaking with a friend who completed the mod. It's punishing on teams with mates who show a complete lack of interest in the subject though. Had to tank the group project when mates failed to grasp ethical concepts and theories.

But hey, such is life.
anvily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #1284

Question KILLER MOD FOR HRM

Hello everyone.
May i know of the killer modules for HRM , so i will not stack it together?
Thank you for the helpp
MissLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #1285

Hello everyone.
May i know of the killer modules for HRM , so i will not stack it together?
Thank you for the helpp
LOL hello fellow HRM student!

I'm taking HRM263 Team Dynamics now, its damn shiong, theory-heavy. Next term I'm taking HRM231 Employment Law and Industrial Relations and the textbook looks killer enough

I heard HRM373 Assessment and Selection, FIN303 Financial Management are killer mods

Anyway, this kind of question you should ask in the BHRM Whatsapp group lo then all the old birds can answer you
Morrsmorrdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 06:59 PM   #1286

Thanks! I'm trying to maintain my enthusiasm for classes.

It feels like "Why Do Good?" is a revamped "The Moral Compass" module, from speaking with a friend who completed the mod. It's punishing on teams with mates who show a complete lack of interest in the subject though. Had to tank the group project when mates failed to grasp ethical concepts and theories.

But hey, such is life.
I really enjoyed The Moral Compass too, so Why Do Good sounds interesting. Sorry to hear that you got dragged down by the rest of your group though. The Moral Compass was compulsory for social science students and quite a few people complained about having to take it as well.

Glad to see you being positive though! Hope you'll be able to maintain your enthusiasm for classes, as you put it, and enjoy the modules you're taking. All the best
orinyori likes this.
calliope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 03:13 PM   #1287

The e-services really cmi. Anyone experience this as well. Can't access webpage

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
haoKRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 08:47 PM   #1288

The e-services really cmi. Anyone experience this as well. Can't access webpage

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT
That's weird. I haven't had any issue with it in the past few years. On peak days it may be harder to get in, but other than that, it works fine for me.
orinyori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #1289

That's weird. I haven't had any issue with it in the past few years. On peak days it may be harder to get in, but other than that, it works fine for me.
i got this, 'The page cannot be displayed'
i am able to access the student portal, but not the e-services

anyone have this issue too? tried on IE, chrome and Firefox too.
haoKRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 03:53 PM   #1290

Seeking all the senpais advice as I'm a new student. So i was wondering if a question is worth 100 marks and with a 1400 word limit, do you try to just address the question OR try to include other factors which you think relates back to the question?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.