SUSS Part Time 2019/07

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Biogentic,

It is pretty hard to get biz analytic people to reply you... to be frank, I think you should be able to handle it

Why do you think it is maths intensive? It is actually more of stats intensive rather than maths intensive... and basically you learn how to use software(s) to perform the analytics and then interpret the results... interpretation of the results requires you to have good understanding of stats

thanks for the response. I was worried on the mathematics aspect because I can see this course require at least a B4 in Maths. I was enrolled into NUS BTech Biz Analytics before and withdrawn when I went for one of the Maths preparatory course, so I was worried about the maths aspect. r u also biz analytics student?

snoozex

Reaction score
thanks for the response. I was worried on the mathematics aspect because I can see this course require at least a B4 in Maths. I was enrolled into NUS BTech Biz Analytics before and withdrawn when I went for one of the Maths preparatory course, so I was worried about the maths aspect. r u also biz analytics student?

Hi Biogentic,

Hahaha... yes I guess I am.... BTech is a computing degree while this BSc is a business degree. The main difference is that in BTech you focus on the programming and the technical stuffs while this SUSS Biz Analytic is more on the applications.. so this Biz Analytic program is much "easier" as the technical stuff is treated as a "black box", you just input in then it inputs out...

You can actually opt for CET modules to have a feel how SUSS works. Or you can also consider the ISCA-SUSS certificate in Biz Analytics first and stack it up to BSc if you enjoy it

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Biogentic,

Hahaha... yes I guess I am.... BTech is a computing degree while this BSc is a business degree. The main difference is that in BTech you focus on the programming and the technical stuffs while this SUSS Biz Analytic is more on the applications.. so this Biz Analytic program is much "easier" as the technical stuff is treated as a "black box", you just input in then it inputs out...

You can actually opt for CET modules to have a feel how SUSS works. Or you can also consider the ISCA-SUSS certificate in Biz Analytics first and stack it up to BSc if you enjoy it
nus btech is quite out for me as I don't think I can attend class at 6pm and the maths aspect is gonna kill me. btw, do u know what time suss classes start? there r quite a few modules in suss biz analytics that I have studied before, I was thinking could we substitute to other level 3 analytics modules?

snoozex

Reaction score
nus btech is quite out for me as I don't think I can attend class at 6pm and the maths aspect is gonna kill me. btw, do u know what time suss classes start? there r quite a few modules in suss biz analytics that I have studied before, I was thinking could we substitute to other level 3 analytics modules?

SUSS biz analytic modules have several slots:

Full time - 6 3-hrs sessions on weekday 8.30am-11.30am or 12pm-3pm

Part time - 6 3-hrs sessions on weekday 7pm-10pm

Workshop - 3 full day on weekday 9am-4pm (3 different weeks not consec 3 days)

Think the Full time slots no longer on offer to ISCA-SUSS....

I do not think you can substitute any for ISCA-SUSS or SUSS own certificate programmes... you can of course try to apply on your own but SSG fundings seem to be restricted only to those listed in the cert program... or you can sign up the full BSc program (at subsidised rate)

Last edited:

snoozex

Reaction score

Hi Biogentic,

You inbox is full.... Hahahah

sakuraspark

Reaction score
help english module degree

Hi all, I will be resitting 2 exams this July semester!
Understanding Components of Language and Language Structure: Sentences and Sounds.

Was wondering if anyone has had experience with these 2 modules? Both are under Bachelor in English Language although I am just taking it as a minor as part of another degree. If anyone has had experience with it and gotten decent results or if you know of anyone who has, can you contact me please? I really do need help with this! :( :s11:

cheryllogic

Reaction score
jdrevolutionary23 said:
Good evening, I saw your latest post lamenting how there are hardly any BAEL students on the forum. I am currently at the halfway point of the BAEL course (provided I don't do an honours year). Feel free to ask me if you have anything you want to know!

Hello!!!! My name is Cheryl. Thanks so much for reaching out; I was feeling a little lost after my 4th class. In your experience so far, which module was the most difficult?

I'm taking ELG103 and ELT107 for this term, then ELT109 in term 2.

I'm having so much trouble with ELG103!! The lecturer tends to go a little off tangent, and doesn't really explain the basic concepts enough. Wondering if it's just me who has trouble understanding morphology concepts and SVOC, etc.

P.S. I haven't posted enough on the forum to be able to PM you back, hahaha paiseh.

pubgfan

Reaction score
Hi anyone from bsbz July intake? Possible to share what would be recommended to take for a start? In terms of compulsory and electives?

deanlohcy

Reaction score
Hi
I want to apply next year intake Jan 2021. Is there assessment test like NUS Scale? What is min GPA?

HotCheetos

Reaction score
Looking for alumni from BSc Digital Media

Hey guys, anyone who's from SUSS BSc in Digital Media? Would like some advice from a veteran as I'm considering to apply for it.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.