Univeristy Of Wollongong (SIM) future/current/students come in!!!

whyearth

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am being offered... Bachelor of IT (computing) part-time

We refer to your application for admission into the above mentioned programme awarded by the uni of wollongong for the April 2010 intake commencing 01 April 2010. I am pleased to inform you that you have been offered a place in the programme as follows:

(X) to complete 3 subjects in year 2 of the programme before progressing to the next year.

what does that means? does it mean, i am granted entry into 2nd year, but need to do 3 subjects to go to year 3?

they asking me to take up
1) Object and Generic programming in C++ - B204UOW
2) Systems Development - B222UOW
3) Databases - B235UOW

melvyndb

Reaction score
Same letter

Hi,

I received the same letter as you.

From my understanding, i presume they meant, we have to do the 3 papers for year 2, if pass all 3, then we will proceed to year 3. This being said, we have to attend classes, do projects, and then finally the exams.

Will you be going for the orientation?

melvyndb

Reaction score
While at it, any seniors willing to part with their books pertaining to Bsc IT (Computing)?

3) Databases - B235UOW

backup_account

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am being offered... Bachelor of IT (computing) part-time

what does that means? does it mean, i am granted entry into 2nd year, but need to do 3 subjects to go to year 3?

they asking me to take up
3) Databases - B235UOW

yes have to take these 3 subjects before proceeding

backup_account

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While at it, any seniors willing to part with their books pertaining to Bsc IT (Computing)?

3) Databases - B235UOW

just download from the net or google lor

Reaction score
Hi to all ex and current students :D, i would like to enquire on the following:
1) Are there class/individual presentations for any of the modules for those courses listed below?
2) If so, which modules from which course have class/individual presentations?

UOW
----
Bachelor of Computer Science (Digital Systems Security) - Full-time/Part-time
Bachelor of Information Technology (Computing) - Part-time
----

Thanks for the help :D

Most ISITxxx modules have presentations, and both courses have ISITxxx modules.

Good thing is, once you're done with your presentation, you can choose not to turn up for others presentation.

lohjm89

Reaction score
one qns here i am planning to buy a laptop for the course game and multimedia development any recommendation?

sharkapl

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm gonna apply for july DSS part time next week. but i got 1.5 year standing i think.. so roughly when will the lesson start ?

and for a guy who likes hands on is DSS suitable for me?

evilmechy

Reaction score
one qns here i am planning to buy a laptop for the course game and multimedia development any recommendation?

Are you starting the degree next month? I don't see many or even any posting much about the degree, I already registered myself tho.

Wondering if I'd need to get a laptop for the later months rather than right now.. Unless I get lazy of writing.

melvyndb

Reaction score
i was there as well... but not DSS, for BIT. should be the same class :)

whyearth was there too.

Last edited:

LAZORBEAMZ

Reaction score
uow recognised? why i keep hear from people saying uow lousy =(

A school is only as good as the students they produce are.
If people perceive UOW as lousy, it could be the lack of honours or the job performance of the grads are not to standard.

darkchamber

Reaction score
Heya, I'm in the middle of deciding whether to drop my current course ('cos I think it's more than just draining energy out of me, I also realized that I'm spending most of my time cursing under my breath, and also due to many other factors) and apply for DSS. For someone who has no programming background is it OK to join the course? I would most likely be starting from the very first year.

And also what's the ratio of lecturers: students?

backup_account

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heya, I'm in the middle of deciding whether to drop my current course ('cos I think it's more than just draining energy out of me, I also realized that I'm spending most of my time cursing under my breath, and also due to many other factors) and apply for DSS. For someone who has no programming background is it OK to join the course? I would most likely be starting from the very first year.

And also what's the ratio of lecturers: students?

what's your current course?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.