HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Univeristy Of Wollongong (SIM) future/current/students come in!!!

Like Tree5591Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2018, 06:54 PM   #6391

just to note....
i've already applied for the coming oct intake.......
anyone here has done so too???
can look for future kakis...lol
Going to apply, waiting for transcripts to come in haiz

Side note, anyone in Big Data? Can hope to use Python alot or not
itsfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 07:02 PM   #6392

re: internship?

Internship is not part of the curriculum.
Had to do a three month internship full time first though, no coy will take you with flexible hours if you are a fresh bird.
Where'd you intern at? Was it hard to find?

Looking online look like a lot of companies looking for R/Python/Scala experience leh...
Old 15-06-2018, 11:45 PM   #6393
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where'd you intern at? Was it hard to find?

Looking online look like a lot of companies looking for R/Python/Scala experience leh...
Got it through a friend of a friend. Startup company.

Using node / python / php.

I went in with 0 experience, I think is all about your mentality. I self taught myself abit of php 1 week before going on the job, subsequently learnt python and node when required. Next project most likely either ruby or go, see how

Last edited by FatalityV; 16-06-2018 at 12:00 AM..
FatalityV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 01:40 PM   #6394

Got it through a friend of a friend. Startup company.

Using node / python / php.

I went in with 0 experience, I think is all about your mentality. I self taught myself abit of php 1 week before going on the job, subsequently learnt python and node when required. Next project most likely either ruby or go, see how
Where do you learn all these? Can share your learning materials that you get it from? which online platform?
Is going library to borrow programming book a good idea to learn?
yizhimei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 03:12 PM   #6395
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where do you learn all these? Can share your learning materials that you get it from? which online platform?
Is going library to borrow programming book a good idea to learn?

I didn't rely on any books or anything. It's either being attached to a project or starting a new project entirely, so I just look at the scope of the project and figure it out from there.

I don't really know how to explain. It's easier to learn when you have a problem to solve, then you figure out how to solve the problem.
FatalityV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 04:50 PM   #6396

accreditation (big data)

hey guys fyi

just looked up the UOW accreditation on ACS
acs.org.au/cpd-education/accredited-courses.html

1. big data's not specifically mentioned as an accredited course (wonder what "no major" option [766] is)
2. accreditation for all SIM UOW programmes lasts from 2014-2019. Guessing got renew after that la, but still scary when you scroll down and see some never renew lol..

Last edited by itsfour; 20-06-2018 at 04:52 PM..
Old 20-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #6397

Anyone attending the orientation? I wanna go but I'll be overseas...
can still attend the orientation camp, if you missed the enrolment day.
simuow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 10:57 AM   #6398

Question DSS fyp/internship? (part time)

hi, any dss seniors/graduates can explain or give more information on fyp/internship? from the course fees there is a fyp which costs s$4.066.00 per module.
1.how does the fyp in DSS like?
2.is there a need to do internship?
3.can i be excused from the attendance if i am called up for high key ICT (2 weeks)?
I am planing to work full time and enroll in the part time UOW DSS.
Thanks in advance.
oldolduncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 02:27 PM   #6399

hi, any dss seniors/graduates can explain or give more information on fyp/internship? from the course fees there is a fyp which costs s$4.066.00 per module.
3.can i be excused from the attendance if i am called up for high key ICT (2 weeks)?
Thanks in advance.

1. Will be group in 3-4 depends
2. No internshio
3. I am not sure , need to ask sim
oldolduncle likes this.
senpai4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 10:53 PM   #6400

Thanks in advance.
There are total of 2 phase1, During phase 1, u will need to submit ur project proposal, documentations and create prototype for your system. During phase 2, you will be focusing more on the system itself.

There is internship. However, usually only the top scorer will be able to get in.

There is no attendance taking during FYP. Mostly is OTOT meet up with ur grp mates and supervisor. Attendance will be taken if there is briefing for FYP only
oldolduncle likes this.
justpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 10:23 AM   #6401

There are total of 2 phase1, During phase 1, u will need to submit ur project proposal, documentations and create prototype for your system. During phase 2, you will be focusing more on the system itself.

There is internship. However, usually only the top scorer will be able to get in.

There is no attendance taking during FYP. Mostly is OTOT meet up with ur grp mates and supervisor. Attendance will be taken if there is briefing for FYP only
1. Will be group in 3-4 depends
2. No internshio
3. I am not sure , need to ask sim
thanks for the reply. 1 more question , if someone like new in the class and no friend as he was exempted for 1.5 years / 2 years and because of that he was not able to form a group or join any, what will happen?
Old 24-06-2018, 10:26 AM   #6402

for fyp, the group will work on the proposed project or there will be external project if the proposed project is rejected?
Old 24-06-2018, 12:06 PM   #6403
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks for the reply. 1 more question , if someone like new in the class and no friend as he was exempted for 1.5 years / 2 years and because of that he was not able to form a group or join any, what will happen?
dont think fyp you get to pick your groups either way.
oldolduncle likes this.
Old 24-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #6404
Great Supremacy Member

For normal project, all those can't find group will be in a group lo. Lol.

For fyp, u choose the project, those chose same as u will be in the same group lo.

In short, won't be don't have any group.
oldolduncle likes this.
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 04:56 PM   #6405

For normal project, all those can't find group will be in a group lo. Lol.

For fyp, u choose the project, those chose same as u will be in the same group lo.

In short, won't be don't have any group.
dont think fyp you get to pick your groups either way.
i actually like this, pick project to work on instead of choosing team members to work with
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.