HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Univeristy Of Wollongong (SIM) future/current/students come in!!!

Like Tree5591Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #6481

Hello all,

I am looking at a part-time degree course (BaIT), I have some questions if anyone here can answer.

"Classes delivered by UOW academics are conducted in an intensive mode – a continuous block of seven days for each module, and occasionally will be held on Saturday.

Students typically study two modules per term. Each year comprises of 4 terms."

1. Does that means each module is only 7 days long?
2. A students typically need to attend 14 days of classes within a 3 months term?

"The fees payable for each semester is dependent on the number of subjects undertaken."
3. How many terms are each semester?
4. Does that mean we are allowed to take more than 2 modules per term?

Thanks anyone in advance for replying.
krashzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2018, 08:03 PM   #6482
Great Supremacy Member

Hello all,

I am looking at a part-time degree course (BaIT), I have some questions if anyone here can answer.

1. Does that means each module is only 7 days long?
2. A students typically need to attend 14 days of classes within a 3 months term?

3. How many terms are each semester?
4. Does that mean we are allowed to take more than 2 modules per term?

Thanks anyone in advance for replying.
Not sure how much things has changed since I left but ...

Intensive is only for year 3 module where the lecturer comes from Australia, so it's 6 days a week for 1 or 2 weeks? Think 2. Then the rest of the semester is tutorial by local lecturer.

1 semester 2 module 3 months.

Not sure if can take more than 2 per semester. Even if u can handle, your time table probably will be problem too.

Only exception is year 3 when u take final year project and take 2 other modules.

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2018, 12:34 AM   #6483

Not sure how much things has changed since I left but ...

Intensive is only for year 3 module where the lecturer comes from Australia, so it's 6 days a week for 1 or 2 weeks? Think 2. Then the rest of the semester is tutorial by local lecturer.

1 semester 2 module 3 months.

Not sure if can take more than 2 per semester. Even if u can handle, your time table probably will be problem too.

Only exception is year 3 when u take final year project and take 2 other modules.

Thanks for the response @BlackCube. So what is the schedule like for the tutorials with the local lecturers?

Also, how is this degree compared to degree offered by let's say Kaplan's University of Murdoch Ba Com Sci?
krashzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #6484
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks for the response @BlackCube. So what is the schedule like for the tutorials with the local lecturers?

Also, how is this degree compared to degree offered by let's say Kaplan's University of Murdoch Ba Com Sci?
I can't recall without looking back at my notes. If I rmb, I will check out later and update.

But I think should be 3 times per week? No weekend though for tutorial. I have no idea how does it compare cause I never research on Kaplan which personally I think it's not good. I only compare to Adelaide.

Think both uow and Adelaide is comparable but heard Adelaide more intensive so I chose uow for part time.

krashzer likes this.
BlackCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #6485
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just thought I'd share this here - FOC upcoming.
Old 28-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #6486

just curious.. any seniors here went for CSIT intern or working for CSIT now?
how's it like?
Old 09-02-2019, 04:57 PM   #6487

I am interested in SIM-UOW Computer science(Big Data) and SIM-UOL Data Science and Business Analytics. Which one is better? I can be exempted for 1.5 years if i study SIM-UOW
BackgrounKoala_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #6488

Anyone know what happens if I fail one of the modules? Not much chance of reassessment test since I flunked it, I know need retake but when would the module be taken again? So for that particular seems would only take that module and nothing else? Would my cohort peers also graduate one batch faster than me due to this?
脸带笑容心悲哀nb心事xialangzai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #6489

Anyone know what happens if I fail one of the modules? Not much chance of reassessment test since I flunked it, I know need retake but when would the module be taken again? So for that particular seems would only take that module and nothing else? Would my cohort peers also graduate one batch faster than me due to this?

You will retake it in the next window
senpai4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:47 AM   #6490

You will retake it in the next window
By retake what does it mean? We usually take 2 modules each seem so when I retake that particular mod, I will only need to go for that mod's lesson? And ant idea on when will next mod window usually be? As for cohort,will I then be placed in the another cohort and lag behind my current friend's cohort by 1 semester?
脸带笑容心悲哀nb心事xialangzai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:37 AM   #6491

By retake what does it mean? We usually take 2 modules each seem so when I retake that particular mod, I will only need to go for that mod's lesson? And ant idea on when will next mod window usually be? As for cohort,will I then be placed in the another cohort and lag behind my current friend's cohort by 1 semester?
If you get supplementary exam means you got a chance not to retake the module, but if you didn't means you will be late by one semester.
Old 17-03-2019, 10:44 PM   #6492

Hi anyone knows what is the main difference btwn these 2 computer science courses - Cyber Security & Digital Systems Security?

Are they difficult to study as my bro was from 'A' lvl & not an IT savvy person?

Thanks! 👍
SinglePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 08:39 AM   #6493

Hello, is DSS/ Big data hard to cope for someone with no IT background? And how’s the timetable like and are lessons very fast-paced? Just worried that the learning curve will be v steep especially at the start:/
Raeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 11:03 AM   #6494

Hi anyone knows what is the main difference btwn these 2 computer science courses - Cyber Security & Digital Systems Security?

Are they difficult to study as my bro was from 'A' lvl & not an IT savvy person?

Thanks! 👍

Hi I am a previous DSS student, you need lots of programming in this course
Old 18-03-2019, 11:03 AM   #6495

Hello, is DSS/ Big data hard to cope for someone with no IT background? And how’s the timetable like and are lessons very fast-paced? Just worried that the learning curve will be v steep especially at the start:/
You are part time or full time?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.