Univeristy Of Wollongong (SIM) future/current/students come in!!!

k3vvie

Reaction score
next 2 modules if i dun fail anything this sem is 214 and 368

haha if u can pass 361 i see no point u can fail 368. just need to know the network security protocols. know how to read the notation is most important. its fun la. nth much one.

wo0ho0

Reaction score
Hi to all bros here.. er.. i am thinking of applying for DSS.. mm.. i expect to have a 2yrs advanced standing... meaning starting in yr 3... er... any1 can give me some insight on wat to expect???? mm.. programming orientated?? or theory based?? thanks in advance..

Yeah both!! get yourself familiar and prepared with DB knowledge, linux coding/environments,current trend,network design(how you will improve or build), software management.. java lang, apache and stuffs is definitely a must..

weisianz

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah both!! get yourself familiar and prepared with DB knowledge, linux coding/environments,current trend,network design(how you will improve or build), software management.. java lang, apache and stuffs is definitely a must..

then i am hong gan... know nuts abt linux and apache.... java just make it nia.. mm.. wat abt the other degree on offer? the 1 on game development.. any bros here taking it???

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
slack for first few weeks, then next few weeks rush assignments.
alot of programming, c++ or java in ubuntu.
but assignment pattern machiam same so just keep recycling code.
personally don like the course ... but graduating anyway lol.

k3vvie

Reaction score
Arghhhh... FYP Presentation coming soon..... less den 2 weeks and i will be graduating! Woooo

k3vvie

Reaction score
encryption program for removable drives.

topic might change when u start doing.

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
results should be out soon... wonder how I did for 361... although 322 was more irritating... :o

wo0ho0

Reaction score
results should be out soon... wonder how I did for 361... although 322 was more irritating... :o

Yo bro, keep us update on this thread should you came across the result. I'm too, waiting for it.. hope i will fare goodly in the it =)

eXctasy

Reaction score
yeah cant wait for results..

guys, anyone applied for deferment and got the course admins to write a deferment letter? i asked, and was told tat 1st week of jan then will start generating..not immediately?kind of urgent man..

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

guys, anyone applied for deferment and got the course admins to write a deferment letter? i asked, and was told tat 1st week of jan then will start generating..not immediately?kind of urgent man..

from ICT ah? For me in the end I just took time off to attend the lectures then went back to camp after that... abit sianz though, travel up and down...

SquallLH

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I've gotten my username & password for SIM Student's portal.
If I'm not wrong the UOW's student portal login isn't the same as the SIM Student's one right?

Went to the site listed in the Course Outline PDF and I'm don't see anything residing in the course folder... Is this normal?

Lastly, hope to know who's joining the 3rd Year intake this coming Jan.

Cheers :)

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I've gotten my username & password for SIM Student's portal.
If I'm not wrong the UOW's student portal login isn't the same as the SIM Student's one right?

Went to the site listed in the Course Outline PDF and I'm don't see anything residing in the course folder... Is this normal?

Lastly, hope to know who's joining the 3rd Year intake this coming Jan.

Cheers :)

yup UOW one is different... btw if u are taking 214 and 368 then I will see u in lecture :)

Pusion

Reaction score

That time i applied for deferment, the course coordinator took less than 2 days to generate the letter. But was kind of urgent, so i ask her to fax me a copy to do the deferment, and i went down later to collect the letter from her afew days later.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.