Want to study overseas

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Budget is MAXIMUM 100k/year, preferably lower of course, they aren’t filthy rich, it’s just that they saved up a nice sum of money over time

wait. whats your goal ? after reading all the post. u want to migrate out of SG

is that it ?

if so, then look at Germany. alot of their Unis offer degree programs in english, tuition is like $500~$1k/term. after you graduate, you can apply for some visa that lets you stay there for another 18 or 20 mths or w/e to find a job.

why germany? its probably the cheapest. some of their Unis are top 100 in the world, and if u find work there, u can apply for a blue card.

but if you're solely interested in US/UK, then good luck finding a job after graduation because i would say it's pretty hard. UK the hardest. They don't even have any skills points visa system like Oz/Nz/Canada.

matchinox2

Reaction score
wait. whats your goal ? after reading all the post. u want to migrate out of SG

is that it ?

if so, then look at Germany. alot of their Unis offer degree programs in english, tuition is like $500~$1k/term. after you graduate, you can apply for some visa that lets you stay there for another 18 or 20 mths or w/e to find a job.

why germany? its probably the cheapest. some of their Unis are top 100 in the world, and if u find work there, u can apply for a blue card.

but if you're solely interested in US/UK, then good luck finding a job after graduation because i would say it's pretty hard. UK the hardest. They don't even have any skills points visa system like Oz/Nz/Canada.

Thanks for your advice (though you sound quite harsh). However, I did read from multiple sources that undergraduate courses in Germany are taught in German and only postgraduate in English :(

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice (though you sound quite harsh). However, I did read from multiple sources that undergraduate courses in Germany are taught in German and only postgraduate in English :(

LMAO. You asked for advice but can't take the 'harsh' advice. You only want to hear the sweet stuff.

Do more research and homework. There are undergrad programs in Germany that are taught in English. I know a few people who did such undergrad programs in Germany.

FadedBoy

Reaction score
LMAO. You asked for advice but can't take the 'harsh' advice. You only want to hear the sweet stuff.

Do more research and homework. There are undergrad programs in Germany that are taught in English. I know a few people who did such undergrad programs in Germany.

This is the typical strawberry generation haha. Cant stomach facts, she only wants to filter out what she wants to see. Havent grown up basically, it's all about her, 400k is easy money..

I'm just curious TS, the internet is a harsh world, probably similar if not worsr off than the real world overseas, if this is defined as harsh, how can you survive in a foreign country by yourself? You'll end up getting depression overseas when you get bullied because you of your ethnicity and race for example.

Have you also tried doing household chores for your family? What about cooking?

Last edited:

matchinox2

Reaction score

Could you please recommend a university or two that has English undergrad courses

matchinox2

Reaction score
This is the typical strawberry generation haha. Cant stomach facts, she only wants to filter out what she wants to see. Havent grown up basically, it's all about her, 400k is easy money..

I'm just curious TS, the internet is a harsh world, probably similar if not worsr off than the real world overseas, if this is defined as harsh, how can you survive in a foreign country by yourself? You'll end up getting depression overseas when you get bullied because you of your ethnicity and race for example.

Have you also tried doing household chores for your family? What about cooking?

Lol I often volunteer to help with chores but they don’t let me but I would if I could. Also chill and stop being rude. When did I say 400k is easy money? Also that’s the BUDGET (100k per year) so obvious around 60-80k ish would be the best cuz definitely willing to pay

matchinox2

Reaction score
Business is same as arts degree. Medicine you need way more than 400k. And in US medicine is a postgrad program, not an undergrad program.

Hmm I’m aware of that. In UK undergrad med is 3 years isn’t it? Then 2 years of postgrad? Which would be the most affordable of my listed countries for medicine?

FadedBoy

Reaction score
Lol I often volunteer to help with chores but they don’t let me but I would if I could. Also chill and stop being rude. When did I say 400k is easy money? Also that’s the BUDGET (100k per year) so obvious around 60-80k ish would be the best cuz definitely willing to pay

You do realise that 80k per year to study medicine is unrealistic do ya? And if i was rude, i would already asked you to fly your kite, we are giving our honest opinions here. Or would you rather we call you ms princess to begin with :o

I'll rest my case, for those on board, please only mention positive things else it would deemed as being rude. HAHAHA

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Could you please recommend a university or two that has English undergrad courses

You don't know how to search for them? Genuine question. Hopefully it's not a 'harsh' question.

2r3fq51.jpg

2zo9rm8.jpg

Aiyo, how to survive overseas alone? :(

Poor SYT. I'm sure you'll be adapt and learn in no time!

FadedBoy

Reaction score
You don't know how to search for them? Genuine question. Hopefully it's not a 'harsh' question.

2r3fq51.jpg

2zo9rm8.jpg

Don't be so rude to TS luh, she just wants you to write a report and send it to her... why you gotta comment on her :D

matchinox2

Reaction score
You do realise that 80k per year to study medicine is unrealistic do ya? And if i was rude, i would already asked you to fly your kite, we are giving our honest opinions here. Or would you rather we call you ms princess to begin with :o

I'll rest my case, for those on board, please only mention positive things else it would deemed as being rude. HAHAHA

Yeah okay, is MEDICINE UNDERGRADUATE TUITION AT UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON IS $60,000 PER YEAR FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS

matchinox2

Reaction score

2r3fq51.jpg

2zo9rm8.jpg

Jesus Christ what makes you think I can’t survive overseas alone? Also I can always get my parents to live overseas with me and we can all migrate together if they permit it. Jeez. Why are so many Singaporean’s so scared of venturing out??? Sure, trying to survive alone on your own in a land thousands of miles away may seem daunting at first but it’s a great experience. Plus, I want out from Singapore so studying there would help a little to get a job in the country I study at or associated countries.

FadedBoy

Reaction score
Yeah okay, is MEDICINE UNDERGRADUATE TUITION AT UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON IS $60,000 PER YEAR FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS

Dear Princess, you are right that studying medicine is 60k per year, i believe your course is 6 years? And tuition fees are subjected to an annual increase of 5%, accommodation is counted per weekly basis, food has to be factored in, with the occasional flying back and forth, now, do you think 80k pa fits the bill?

Even if you say 100k, it will never be enough, you should always overstate your expenses and not understate, i'm looking at 110k pa

Last edited:

FadedBoy

Reaction score
Jesus Christ what makes you think I can’t survive overseas alone? Also I can always get my parents to live overseas with me and we can all migrate together if they permit it. Jeez. Why are so many Singaporean’s so scared of venturing out??? Sure, trying to survive alone on your own in a land thousands of miles away may seem daunting at first but it’s a great experience. Plus, I want out from Singapore so studying there would help a little to get a job in the country I study at or associated countries.

And so what makes you think the rest of us has never studied abroad before? It's not that we are shallow minded, you make everyone here perceive you to be an individual who doesn't seem prepared at all to study abroad.

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score

Well, it's a genuine concern, based on what you have been posting. Do you have to get so worked up over little little stuff, especially stuff over the www? :s13:

How did you derive that 'so many Singaporean’s so scared of venturing out'?

nyvrem studied in the US.
fzhfzh and patryn33 are in the US.
I've also studied and worked overseas. I've been independent since I was 16. I paid for my own overseas education.

matchinox2

Reaction score
Well, it's a genuine concern, based on what you have been posting. Do you have to get so worked up over little little stuff, especially stuff over the www? :s13:

How did you derive that 'so many Singaporean’s so scared of venturing out'?

nyvrem studied in the US.
fzhfzh and patryn33 are in the US.
I've also studied and worked overseas. I've been independent since I was 16. I paid for my own overseas education.

Who are all these ppl you have mentioned?

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Who are all these ppl you have mentioned?

OMFG! You didn't even realised that these are the people who have given you advice on your thread?? :s22::s22::s22::s22:

From your posts, I can conclude that you have almost non-existent basic search and observation skills.

How to survive overseas alone? *Genuine concern*

Last edited:

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TUM's Bachelor in technology and management is quite good btw ~ !

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.