Why do people say NBS is better than NUS biz?

Vestigestorm

Reaction score
Actually it is a simple matter. Just choose the best university in all Asia Pacific region, the National University of Singapore aka NUS. A fact.

Not any university has the honour and esteem to be granted the privilege, by the Singapore Government, to use the word "National". Indeed, I believe there is a law in Singapore against unauthorised usage of this word by the rest.

If you can, ceteris paribus, do join NUS. If you can't, well ... you can't. Cheer up.

I love NUS! Numero Uno

Amituofo

Oh god, the narrow-minded "best university in all asia pacific region" is back... have you ever wondered why our ministers, PSC scholars and those who can afford goes overseas to study?

Well i guess i found one of the answer to it today. :s22::s22:

Last edited:

Plow98

Banned
Reaction score
Oh god, the narrow-minded "best university in all asia pacific region" is back... have you ever wondered why our ministers, PSC scholars and those who can afford goes overseas to study?

Well i guess i found one of the answer to it today. :s22::s22:

Ah! Noted that you are not refuting the glorious fact that NUS is indeed the Best University in all Asia Pacific Region. Thank you.

That is why all qualified students aspire, ceteris paribus, to join NUS.

Of course, if you can't ... well you can't. Accept it with grace. Be cool.

I love NUS. Numero Uno

Amituofo

Vestigestorm

Reaction score
Ah! Noted that you are not refuting the glorious fact that NUS is indeed the Best University in all Asia Pacific Region. Thank you.

That is why all qualified students aspire, ceteris paribus, to join NUS.

Of course, if you can't ... well you can't. Accept it with grace. Be cool.

I love NUS. Numero Uno

Amituofo

Not refuting because it's based on ranking, but you are avoiding my main point. It's not as great as you think. Because "best in all asia pacific region" is based on rankings. But people like you will soon learn ranking is not everything... the hard way i hope.

My point was all other Ministers/PSC Scholars all capable/qualified of going NUS.

Did they go? No. They went overseas universities, some ranked lower than your "World Ranking QS". Let's make that clear. LSE (#35) is on a different tier out of NUS(#15).

FYI: Don't think so big of yourself of getting into NUS boy , "Of course, if you can't ... well you can't. Accept it with grace. Be cool." Grades are not everything :)

Last edited:

rodimus_prime

Master Member
Reaction score
Overseas exposure is a valuable experience in my view. Of course it comes at a price.

Funnily enough I do know of NUS law rejects who end up being accepted by Cambridge for law in that same year.

Also for medicine, NUS medicine rejects accepted by Imperial College for medicine.

Vestigestorm

Reaction score
Overseas exposure is a valuable experience in my view. Of course it comes at a price.

Funnily enough I do know of NUS law rejects who end up being accepted by Cambridge for law in that same year.

Also for medicine, NUS medicine rejects accepted by Imperial College for medicine.

Because results wasn't the only factor. Personal Statements, Reference letters and CCAs all played a part as well. From there on, connections, opportunities and branding plays a certain part as well , which Singapore Uni lacks compared to them.

You should see US universities (especially Ivy Leagues), they see holistic education much more strongly compared to us.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.