-=OFFICIAL=- EDMW PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For cosplayer, make sure u greet them first then ask for a photo session.
After pew pew finish, try to show them your master piece. Got namecard give, if they interested in your photo, they will the u their cos card or their Facebook aaccount.

How many of you ask strangers for permission before shooting them?

For those cosplay models, need to ask them for permission?

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After pew pew finish, try to show them your master piece. Got namecard give, if they interested in your photo, they will the u their cos card or their Facebook aaccount.
Pro advise from robelee!!:o

Will take note:o

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes please ask. Cosplayers get very irritated when people just snap without permission, when they are not ready/touching up/talking with friends/in unglam positions etc.

omg... i shy leh... esp those pretty pretty cosplayer.... :s34:

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
omg... i shy leh... esp those pretty pretty cosplayer.... :s34:

Train your gut lor, Last time i use sniper lens stand far far snipe also....

Switched to 35mm on crop = standing just 4 ft away from cosplayer get even better result :o

Interact with the Coser, make friend with them then next time round can ask out for private shoot :D

Alway remember Private shoot will alway be better than public event shoot as there too many ppl distracting you or the coser.

I basically just hate the PhotoG who just cut infront of me when it's me who asked the coser to for a photo session....

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Switched to 35mm on crop = standing just 4 ft away from cosplayer get even better result :o

Interact with the Coser, make friend with them then next time round can ask out for private shoot :D

Alway remember Private shoot will alway be better than public event shoot as there too many ppl distracting you or the coser.

I basically just hate the PhotoG who just cut infront of me when it's me who asked the coser to for a photo session....

Go ultra wide roh... :o

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sniping still the best method to get those shots or even generic street shots locally. For other countries, 35mm or 50mm focal length is the 'standard' street shot. For us, it's at least 85mm coz any closer, if the subject notices, he/she will look awqy from the camera and u would have lost your composition. Cosplay also same technique. The best shots are always their candid shots from far away rather than their photoshoots.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sniping still the best method to get those shots or even generic street shots locally. For other countries, 35mm or 50mm focal length is the 'standard' street shot. For us, it's at least 85mm coz any closer, if the subject notices, he/she will look awqy from the camera and u would have lost your composition. Cosplay also same technique. The best shots are always their candid shots from far away rather than their photoshoots.
YMMV..

10kodak

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually, they won't care. Try mounting a 35mm and shoot.

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

We are talking about cosplay shoot here. Lol, They wun look away when you ask them for it.

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cosplay also same technique. The best shots are always their candid shots from far away rather than their photoshoots.

Sorry if I sound rude. How long have you been shooting cosplay or in the circle. This comment makes me laugh :s13::s22:

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

robolee what's your cosplay circle nick? :D

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good morning M. ;)

/Dan
Pic for you. :o

541745_10151652258749370_802204161_n.jpg

CeSaRiO

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I sound rude. How long have you been shooting cosplay or in the circle. This comment makes me laugh :s13::s22:

His concept will only work if he does street or behind the scene. But that's about it.

Good morning M. ;)

/Dan

Going anywhere to shoot this weekend Dan?

Cosplay is a more detailed form of Portrait. Typically portrait photography would require proper lighting, subject and the type of shots that forms the main objective of the shoot.

Cosplay as it may seem, involves the character the person wants to "play" as, which involves:
1. The character they are cosplaying.
2. The scene they want to do, which also means to say you have to find a proper location to shoot.
3. The storyline of the anime/game they're cosplaying.
4. The mood and tempo of the anime/game.

The photographer somehow should also have a study of the scene they're gonna shoot in order to simulate and find the proper angle to get it done. End of the day, everyone wants to ensure that photos are taken, and all effort is paid off. Photographers play a very important role here.

Kudos to you.

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Pic for you. :o

541745_10151652258749370_802204161_n.jpg

Nice. I wish I could do half of what you guys do. :/ I have not figured out Lightroom yet, though I should soon. Just started shooting raw and have no more storage space. :s13:

*snip*
Going anywhere to shoot this weekend Dan?
*snip*
This weekend, probably not. Will have to see. Have an interview on Saturday, and on Sunday I'm supposed to head over to a muslim relative's place for Hari Raya lunch after church.

I guess I'll tote my camera still, but I have no idea if I'm shooting anything.

How about you guys? I assume there's another photo outing.

/Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.