-=OFFICIAL=- EDMW PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no, there is no standard way of shooting.

the trick is to know the characteristic of your lens, look at the scene and try to work the composition.

as i almost always work with ultra-wide angle, i will use leading lines and search for foreground subject, then put them into the frame as part of the composition.

Ok ok... Understand... =)

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
hmm, share some composition stuffs...

leading line
i like to use leading lines to help guide the viewer to the focus point of the photo. imo it best works when the line starts from the edge of the screen and continue all the way into the frame.

example:

Let's go wider and try again by t3cnica, on Flickr

Just Dance by t3cnica, on Flickr

To The Sands by t3cnica, on Flickr

foreground interest/subject
imo it works by 'anchoring' the photo, giving it a strong composition and also taking care of dead space at the bottom.

example:

Resonance by t3cnica, on Flickr

Imperturbable by t3cnica, on Flickr

human element
some people dun like having human subjects in the photo but i am in huge favour of doing this as it provide a sense of comparison between the human and the surrounding. everyone knows how tall an average joe/jane is, from there the viewer can gauge how big and or wide the actual scene/building is.

example:

Remembering Chiang Kai-shek by t3cnica, on Flickr

Concealed Space by t3cnica, on Flickr

Depth by t3cnica, on Flickr

Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
1271525_625922177427875_283693917_o.jpg

tecnica

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Tecni-god giving tuition :eek:

Must read everything carefully :eek:
not teaching or anything, just sharing what i know and or do..

i agree with the phrase 'keep shooting' to a certain extent.. i want to add on to it by saying 'keep shooting with a goal/purpose'... for me, land/cityscapes is pretty much the genre of photography which i dabble extensively in.. so i make it a point to research the location and weather before i head out to make the photos... at the very least i know what i want and not just go out and hope to net something good, but in the end wasting thousand of frames for nothing...

so yeah...

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm, share some composition stuffs...

leading line
i like to use leading lines to help guide the viewer to the focus point of the photo. imo it best works when the line starts from the edge of the screen and continue all the way into the frame.

example:

Let's go wider and try again by t3cnica, on Flickr

Just Dance by t3cnica, on Flickr

To The Sands by t3cnica, on Flickr

foreground interest/subject
imo it works by 'anchoring' the photo, giving it a strong composition and also taking care of dead space at the bottom.

example:

Resonance by t3cnica, on Flickr

Imperturbable by t3cnica, on Flickr

human element
some people dun like having human subjects in the photo but i am in huge favour of doing this as it provide a sense of comparison between the human and the surrounding. everyone knows how tall an average joe/jane is, from there the viewer can gauge how big and or wide the actual scene/building is.

example:

Remembering Chiang Kai-shek by t3cnica, on Flickr

Concealed Space by t3cnica, on Flickr

Depth by t3cnica, on Flickr

I see... Just now got read a bit on leading line used in landscape...

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Shot too dark. I actually notice riverside point rather than the bicycle to be honest. I didn't even know the bicycle was there. lol

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice... Learn something new about taking landscape...

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shot too dark. I actually notice riverside point rather than the bicycle to be honest. I didn't even know the bicycle was there. lol

It's shot in the night, guess I need to use mini-tripod if
I want to reshoot this scene again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.