HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any mirrorless recommendations?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By magix

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #1

Any mirrorless recommendations?

I'm thinking of upgrading my mirrorless camera but not sure what I should get. I actually have a Fuji X-E1 but thinking of upgrading to X-T20. But some people are recommending I look into Sony. Any thoughts? I was just thinking of sticking to fuji since I can just reuse the XF lenses if need be.
Vyntekx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 01:35 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you already have a lot fuju lens you just have to stick with Fuji unless u planning to invest on another system or planning to sell your old lens
Ah_keong likes this.
magix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 12:27 AM   #3

Unless there's a reason that makes changing systems extremely compelling, I usually rather stick with the current system and buy a newer version of whatever I'm using. Switching systems can be very expensive especially if you already have an existing collection of lenses. Personally a few years back I considered switching to Sony from Canon because of the A7SII's high ISO performance for video, but I held off and bought a Sony camcorder instead while still keeping my Canon gear, mainly because selling off all my Canon gear and buying Sony / Zeiss equivalents costed way too much.

That being said, if you have the budget and have found a specific feature another system offers over your current, don't be afraid to rent some equipment and try it out before you decide to buy.

On a wholly unrelated note, I've reached 100 posts with this post!
pwnies5600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #4
Supremacy Member

exactly, if you have sufficient gear (lens) of a particular system (Fuji, Sony), you may want to continue to stay with a particular system (Fuji, Sony)
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.