Entry level mirrorless camera

fongwk8

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a A6500 body and a 17-50mm f2.8 lens to go with it. Would this be a good combination? I don't wanna lug around multiple prime lenses

It depends on what kind of photography you're doing... For landscape, 17-50 mm is quite good. This lens is also useful for vlogging too.

yamakazi51

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it still worth to stick with m43? Have a few good lenses, so a bit reluctant to change system.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should sell while you still can. smaller lenses are as expensive as apsc

SexyLeeAnn

Reaction score
Hi why did you go with a6000 in the end?

thanks folks gotten the camera liao:)

any recommendations on the dry box?
r4cu2ht.jpg

yeswecan

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread. Just wanna ask owners or ex-owners for reviews and opinions on 'Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II'. Intending to purchase it over Mark III cos the upgrade is not significant and it is cheaper. The full metal body on Mark II is also a bonus. I have been reading quite a bit and thought it is the perfect camera for a beginner, granted that the interface is hard to grasp. Looking forward to replies! Thank you and have a good day!

AhNehDuaKi

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread. Just wanna ask owners or ex-owners for reviews and opinions on 'Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II'. Intending to purchase it over Mark III cos the upgrade is not significant and it is cheaper. The full metal body on Mark II is also a bonus. I have been reading quite a bit and thought it is the perfect camera for a beginner, granted that the interface is hard to grasp. Looking forward to replies! Thank you and have a good day!
both not waterproof.. i rather u spend abit more for em5 m2 or wait for em5 m3.. cause singapore weather anytime will rain:(

yeswecan

Reaction score
both not waterproof.. i rather u spend abit more for em5 m2 or wait for em5 m3.. cause singapore weather anytime will rain:(

Thank you for your input! Hmm just wondering tho is most camera these days waterproof?

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Splash proof maybe
But If you want a mirrorless or just a compact camera to be waterproof, it’s gonna cost way higher to attain that IP67 and beyond rating.

AhNehDuaKi

Reaction score
Thank you for your input! Hmm just wondering tho is most camera these days waterproof?

if u don mind sec hand.. maybe u take a look at clubsnap forum i rmb one guy selling em5 mark2 for 700 together with others lens inside sub forum of buy sell mirco 4/3

Last edited:

AhNehDuaKi

Reaction score
all thing are durable if know how to takecare.. most important is.. stick to one system(unless you feeing rich).. like if i now using m43 then if my body spoil i will go for another m43 body.. but not other system.. so i no need to change my lenses too

chiaRH

Reaction score
Does the camera seem more durable by being mirrorless?

camera is the sum of its parts, yes the mirror is a complex moving part but theres other components too, and mirrorless still have those components to deal with

how much more durability you gain by omitting that 1 mirror component is hard to say, it may very well be a trivial difference if you're not the type who drops their camera onto hard ground a lot

elendil5259

Reaction score
I’m even more surprised no one is talking about the Fujifilm XT series. These are widely considered to be the best apsc mirrorless cameras in the market right now.

how come no one consider Panasonic ah their G85 buy second hand damn value for money leh

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.