HWZ GoPro users

lookers

Master Member
Reaction score
For those wanting to buy the GoPro Hero 5 Black , can look at Qoo10 sia.. with the $499 pricing, dunno if can offset $50 with the Paypal coupon... If can, then $449, is one of the better price out there sia

Xylitol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows if changi transit area sells gopro original batteries at a cheaper price than outside ?

minimalis

Reaction score
Im using feiyu tech spg. Compatible with smartphones like iPhone 7 plus as well as action cameras like gopro because it uses a flat clamp so not limited to a specific camera. I think it should fit gopro hero 5 (i got a 3+). Got if off aliexpress. Blazing fast DHL shipping. Received it within 24 hrs. US$259 after US$20 off discount. It's about $360 sgd.

Mind sharing which vendor you bought from?

frizee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hero 5: $551
Session 5: $421

Hi, would like to check, these 2 price ok? From iShop, Warranty should be an issue right? :)

Last edited:

bkchng

Master Member
Reaction score
My GoPro Hero3+ Black can't turn on anymore... didn't drop it or kena water damage.
Any good places in Singapore that can repair GoPros?
Thanks!

adrianloh

Reaction score
Hi,

Need some advices.

Is there really a lot of diff in video quality between Hero 5 and Hero 4 silver?

I will only use it twice a year during my diving trip so wondering if I should invest in a 4 Silver(cos of back LCD) or a Hero 5 with 4K video?

Thanks.

hellhole

Reaction score
Hi,

Need some advices.

Is there really a lot of diff in video quality between Hero 5 and Hero 4 silver?

I will only use it twice a year during my diving trip so wondering if I should invest in a 4 Silver(cos of back LCD) or a Hero 5 with 4K video?

Thanks.

no need to.. imo... the HEro5 is bascially a hero 4 h/w with software enhancement...

sinmarket

Reaction score
Hi,

Need some advices.

Thanks.

Hero 4 silver is using Ambarella A7 chipset not capable of 4K 30FPS
Hero 4 black is using A9 chipset capable of 4K 30FPS
Hero 5 black is using A12 which is 2xA7 and this is cheaper than A9 and not as advance as A9.

This is why you see Hero 5 is cheaper than Hero 4 black.

My suggestion get hero 4 black or Hero 5. Why invest in Hero 4 silver unless you are paying it at $200

Snakepit

Reaction score
Interested in getting Removu S1 online

problem is there is 2 version, one for gopro 3,3+,4 while another is for hero 5

i have a hero4 silver for more than a year already and is interested in getting a gimbal

getting the S1 for gopro 4 version would kinda limit me in the future should i choose to upgrade to gopro 5

dilemma now

adrianloh

Reaction score
Hero 4 silver is using Ambarella A7 chipset not capable of 4K 30FPS
Hero 4 black is using A9 chipset capable of 4K 30FPS
Hero 5 black is using A12 which is 2xA7 and this is cheaper than A9 and not as advance as A9.

This is why you see Hero 5 is cheaper than Hero 4 black.

My suggestion get hero 4 black or Hero 5. Why invest in Hero 4 silver unless you are paying it at $200

But Hero 4 black has no LCD thus don't know what and where am I shooting at.

So your call is to get Hero 5?

What about other competitor brand? I need those red filter for diving as a lot of competitor brand does not have those and none is compatible with GoPro accessories..

sena11

Reaction score
memory stick error

does anyone encounter problem using Hero5 with Sandisk Extreme 128GB?

keep having memory error when taking video with it.

Cypher02

Reaction score
does anyone encounter problem using Hero5 with Sandisk Extreme 128GB?

keep having memory error when taking video with it.

Am using the same card, no problems. A friend of mine who bought the same card experienced the same issue as you, went down to distro to change a new card and everything was resolved.

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, just bought my gopro hero 5. Does anyone know where can I get a surfboard mount locally and how much does it cost?

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Need some advices.

Thanks.
Get a second hand 4 silver. Since using only twice a year. Also consider if your editing setup can support 4k decently else you are better off shooting fhd.

Sent from Samsung SM-G920I using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.