Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2019, 03:06 PM   #31

A6000
PowerShot G9 X Mark II

which is better?
hope to find something similar to Lx5
1) See which brand you like.
2) Go to the shop and hold both cameras, see which one you like more.
3) Look at the price, and see which one suits you better.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:32 PM   #32
High Supremacy Member

look the price is rougly same.. just want to know which is value for the quality.

1) See which brand you like.
2) Go to the shop and hold both cameras, see which one you like more.
3) Look at the price, and see which one suits you better.
harky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:58 PM   #33

The Sony A6000 is an interchangeable lens camera. Get this if you want versatility, and of course, the money to purchase lens.

Whereas the Canon is a fixed-lens prosumer compact camera. Get this if you have budget constraints, and bear in mind that you'll be stuck with the same lens for the rest of the camera's lifetime.

The Sony has a much larger APS-C sized sensor, while the Canon is a 1" sensor. In theory, the bigger the sensor size, the better is the low light performance.

Last edited by fongwk8; 04-02-2019 at 07:00 PM..
fongwk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:10 PM   #34
High Supremacy Member

ahha i tot A6000 is also 1" sensor as i saw it somewhere, now u mention. Now i know.

Thanks!

The Sony A6000 is an interchangeable lens camera. Get this if you want versatility, and of course, the money to purchase lens.

Whereas the Canon is a fixed-lens prosumer compact camera. Get this if you have budget constraints, and bear in mind that you'll be stuck with the same lens for the rest of the camera's lifetime.

The Sony has a much larger APS-C sized sensor, while the Canon is a 1" sensor. In theory, the bigger the sensor size, the better is the low light performance.
fongwk8 likes this.

Last edited by harky; 04-02-2019 at 07:13 PM..
Old 05-02-2019, 06:43 PM   #35

Buy liao must come back here and announce wo
harky likes this.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:33 AM   #36
High Supremacy Member

many ppl buy, many ppl sell also

Old 07-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #37

I jin headache. Now I looking at Sony A6000.

Think all the camera shop people see me also sian, keep going in ask ask ask questions end up never buy. From Fujiflim XF10 ask till XT100 ask till Canon M6 ask till M5, ask till Sony A6000 still haven't buy.

Lucky got a few good sales rep who are not pushy, took their time to explain my questions, and tell me relax, take your time to do your research before buying.
Byfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:40 PM   #38
High Supremacy Member

Ah.. So you getting which? Lol

Think all the camera shop people see me also sian, keep going in ask ask ask questions end up never buy. From Fujiflim XF10 ask till XT100 ask till Canon M6 ask till M5, ask till Sony A6000 still haven't buy.

Lucky got a few good sales rep who are not pushy, took their time to explain my questions, and tell me relax, take your time to do your research before buying.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #39

Ya... Really must see which one you like the most... Try holding the cameras to see which one fits your hand. A camera isn't cheap, so its important for you to buy the one you like the most, and not what others say its good.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:35 AM   #40
High Supremacy Member

Walao your comm money hard to earn la. Hahaha
Anyway you compare forever there is bound to be something new popping out somewhere sometime or rumours of a new release with impressive stats
Even so, i guess u will be hesitant to buy a newly released model.
A6000 is already coming to 5 years old and itís technology is still relevant today. That speaks volumes
hacktic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:00 PM   #41

Ya... Really must see which one you like the most... Try holding the cameras to see which one fits your hand. A camera isn't cheap, so its important for you to buy the one you like the most, and not what others say its good.
Yes, I personally tried all, Fujiflim XF10, X-T100, Canon M5, M6 and Sony A6000.

As of now, Strong contenders are

1) Sony A6000 (due to price, and like what others said, a 5 year old camera that is still a top seller today, good range of lens, and the super compact size, and Sony is leading the mirrorless camera market)

2) Canon M5 (Love the solid and heavy build quality, Made in Japan, decent touch screen to touch to focus)
Old 08-02-2019, 12:13 PM   #42

Walao your comm money hard to earn la. Hahaha
Anyway you compare forever there is bound to be something new popping out somewhere sometime or rumours of a new release with impressive stats
Even so, i guess u will be hesitant to buy a newly released model.
A6000 is already coming to 5 years old and itís technology is still relevant today. That speaks volumes
Yeah, i doubt I will get a latest model, because I have a budget, unless the latest model price is really good (unlikely lol)

Yeah, and also... I keep thinking about other factors lah.

1) Do I really need that camera? I'm getting sick of my Samsung S7 edge camera, the low light performance is terrible, and I Intend to change to Huawei Mate 20 soon when my contract is up in a few weeks. Can the Mate 20 be a solid camera replacement?

2) How sure am I to be motivated to go out and take photos? I don't want to spend $800 just to have a paper weight at home. Also, I'm afraid that I will lose interest to take photos lol. I'm only confident that if I travel, I will spam a lot of photos while overseas. But in Singapore... That's another question.

3) Do I really want to carry a camera around everywhere I go? To be honest I am a victim of convenience, the last time I actually used a camera was when HP had crappy cameras before iPhone 4 days. My first smartphone was a iPhone 4 and after that, I never actually used a proper camera already.

Yeah, the above questions has been bugging me.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #43
Supremacy Member

you can get a6000 with kit lens for less than 500 at carousell. at qoo10 with 100 off coupon also worth it.

can consider m50 or canon 200d
Byfrost likes this.
yusoffb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:21 PM   #44

Yeah, i doubt I will get a latest model, because I have a budget, unless the latest model price is really good (unlikely lol)

Yeah, and also... I keep thinking about other factors lah.

1) Do I really need that camera? I'm getting sick of my Samsung S7 edge camera, the low light performance is terrible, and I Intend to change to Huawei Mate 20 soon when my contract is up in a few weeks. Can the Mate 20 be a solid camera replacement?

2) How sure am I to be motivated to go out and take photos? I don't want to spend $800 just to have a paper weight at home. Also, I'm afraid that I will lose interest to take photos lol. I'm only confident that if I travel, I will spam a lot of photos while overseas. But in Singapore... That's another question.

3) Do I really want to carry a camera around everywhere I go? To be honest I am a victim of convenience, the last time I actually used a camera was when HP had crappy cameras before iPhone 4 days. My first smartphone was a iPhone 4 and after that, I never actually used a proper camera already.

Yeah, the above questions has been bugging me.
1) IMO, it depends on what you want to do with your photos. Do you want to print them out? Do you want to post on photography websites? Or do you just want to post on Social Media (e.g. Instagram, Facebook etc.). If you just want to post pictures on social media, a modern smart phone camera will be good. Still can beautify the faces some more. I don't think any of the smart phones can replace a camera totally.

2) Same for me, I only go around snapping photos when I'm overseas. When I'm in SG, my camera and lenses are all in the dry cabinet.

3) Other than carrying a camera around, you also need to consider the time needed to transfer the photos from the camera to the computer (before you can upload), compared to a smart phone, pictures can be shared much more easily. However, if you're into photography, you will learn how to process images...

If you really cannot decide, you might want to consider renting a camera to bring overseas when you travel.
Byfrost likes this.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:23 PM   #45

Yes, I personally tried all, Fujiflim XF10, X-T100, Canon M5, M6 and Sony A6000.

As of now, Strong contenders are

1) Sony A6000 (due to price, and like what others said, a 5 year old camera that is still a top seller today, good range of lens, and the super compact size, and Sony is leading the mirrorless camera market)

2) Canon M5 (Love the solid and heavy build quality, Made in Japan, decent touch screen to touch to focus)
Do note that the Canon's APS-C sensor is slightly smaller when compared to Sony/Nikon APS-C
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.