VHS, 8mm, DV, miniDV tape video conversion

kuanlian

Reaction score
Hi. I'm offering freelance VHS, Digital8, Hi8 (not 8mm reel film), DV and miniDV tapes video conversion services. Conversion rate is $18 per hour or part thereof. In other words, a 2.5 hours tape is $18 x 3 = $54. By default, videos are extracted to .avi format. You can choose to convert to any format though - .mov, .mp4 etc. Customers need to provide their own external hard disks, USB drives for storing these videos. For conversion to DVDs, pls include $5 per DVD. DVD media will be quality media as I recognized the importance of lasting precious memories. Self-provided dvds are still charge at $5 as effort is largely on the authoring n chapters creation process.

I'm sorry that I cannot accept tapes which are mouldy or fungus infected. These tapes have many a times ruined the video heads. You might like to take such tapes to a professional tape cleaner before attempting video conversion.

Meetup will be @ Bishan MRT. Alternatively, you can come to my Bishan home, which might be a better idea so that you get a peace of mind that I'm not a fly-by-night guy. Please feel free to contact or email me at kuanlian@hotmail.com. I will try my best to answer your queries ��

A video conversion freelancer since 1995.

Last edited:

cyberian

Reaction score
Hi, I'm offering freelance VHS, 8mm, DV and miniDV tapes video conversion services. Conversion rates is at $15 / hr or part thereof. By default, videos are converted to .avi format. You can choose to convert to any format though - .mov, .divx, .mp4 etc. Customers are to provide their own external hdd for storing these videos. For conversion to DVDs, pls include $5 per DVD. DVD media will be quality media - Verbatim as I recognized the importance of lasting precious memories.

I'm sorry that I cannot accept tapes which are mouldy or fungus infected. These tapes have many a times ruined the video heads. You might like to take such tapes to a professional tape cleaner before attempting video conversion.

Meetup will be @ Bishan MRT. Alternatively, you can come to my Bishan home, which might be a better idea so that you get a peace of mind that I'm not a fly-by-night guy. Please feel free to SMS/WhatsApp me @ 9753-7392 or email me at kuanlian@hotmail.com. I will try my best to answer your queries. Thanks.

Interested. I have appox 10 miniDV and need the to be converted to MP4. I have only i problem. I do not know which tape contains video. Any discount since i have quite a numbers of tape for conversion. Do I need to put any deposit?

kuanlian

Reaction score
Thank you all for your support. Yes I'm still doing video conversions. Please feel free to give me a beep for any queries.

jl255

Reaction score
anyone has tried this service and can provide reviews?

bruggers

Reaction score
I am interested. I have about 12 reels 8mm (double or norma) which I like to convert.
Can u please send me a pm as can not do so?

kuanlian

Reaction score
Sorry bruggers, I don't do reel film video conversions. Please feel free to contact me if you have further queries. Cheers.

Coconutturtle

Reaction score
Offering minidv video conversion services as well. Pick up and drop off anywhere, preferably Woodlands MRT. Price between $10-15 based on number of tapes, please message me for more details.

Same day conversion service also possible.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.