HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

are you waiting for a6200/a6700?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2019, 10:18 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

are you waiting for a6200/a6700?

it's coming out on 29 August. few days left...
Tony_Chua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member

more interested in a long overdue A7S3
those rumors of a6200/a6700 with minor upgrades (downgrades) are abysmal.
hacktic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 10:27 AM   #3

Most likely too pricey.
fergsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2019, 02:59 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

a6100 / a6600
Old 01-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #5
Greater Supremacy Member

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/28/2...specs-features
Old 02-09-2019, 08:34 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

At the rate the Sony new models come out, they are going to kill off the competition although they also hit their own sales.

Don’t think I will be getting an upgrade from my 6000.
Unclemun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:40 PM   #7

Just broke my a6000 evf. Dunnoe should I go FF or a6600.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:48 AM   #8

Go to FF. APSC Crop is waste of time.

Most of famous photographers and photos in past film era were use and shot in 35 mm film.

As we know 35 mm film was same as FF.
falcon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:06 AM   #9
High Supremacy Member

Most of famous photographers and photos in past film era were use and shot in 35 mm film.

apart from the bigger sensor and usually more expensive lens,
i'm pretty sure everyone knows photography is not about gear.

colors can somewhat be "tuned", or just use a ready to use instagram filter.
shooting RAW can bring some details back,
ppl are focus stacking for that perfect landscape picture

all these things, you could never do with a film camera.
FF vs APSC or even vs film, each has its pros and cons. weight, size, light...

EXIF data aside, i'm pretty sure no one can tell the difference.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #10

people in the past didnt use 35mm because it was 'good' they did so only because just the most popular standard back in those days. therefore it wasnt just something that 'famous' people used, anyone and everyone used it. It's like saying a famous esports gamer uses a mouse/keyboard with a USB connector.

To say that APSC crop is a waste of time would be a more convincing argument if you can argue from the standpoint of something like ecosystem support, and indeed Sony is an easy target if you need to find an example of a company that neglected its APSC system and cares more about its FF offerings.

But instead you chose to argue from the standpoint of some quasi-nostalgic film standard thing that is utterly meaningless to the modern user.

There's so many ways to argue why FF has advantage over crop sensor, and "FF is the 'same size' as a piece of film that kodak popularised in the 1930s" has to be one of the worst ways to support your argument.

Who on earth is going to use their FF mirrorless/DSLR to shoot and develop on kodak 135 film? Who on earth is going to take their 40-50 year old nikon F mount film-era lenses with no autofocus no stabilization etc, and use it on their modern nikon cameras?

Last edited by chiaRH; 05-09-2019 at 01:44 PM..
chiaRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:50 PM   #11
High Supremacy Member

To say that APSC crop is a waste of time would be a more convincing argument if you can argue from the standpoint of something like ecosystem support, and indeed Sony is an easy target if you need to find an example of a company that neglected its APSC system and cares more about its FF offerings.
well Sony did recently come up with this : https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/...enses/sel1655g and personally coming from Canon APSC, the only fast zoom native lens was the 17-55mm...(and still is?)

I don't feel particularly neglected even without its introduction. Sony has a whole range of lens for its APSC line and are still building on its impressive library even if not especially for APSC.
I somewhat hate canon with its MK versions of lens...
Old 05-09-2019, 02:13 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

iq difference betw apsc and ff is not significantly mindblowing

in the end it depends on budget.

And if u have a good number of apsc lenses, the cost of switching over to ff lenses will be significant or even more so than the body.
RyanJosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:49 PM   #13

Thanks all for the input. Probably will wait till a6600 come in next month.

Very impressed with the new AF system for both video and stills.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:13 PM   #14

people in the past didnt use 35 mm because it was 'good' they did so only because just the most popular standard back in those days. therefore it wasnt just something that famous people used, anyone and everyone used it. It's like saying a famous esports gamer uses a mouse/keyboard with a USB connector.

To say that APSC crop is a waste of time would be a more convincing argument if you can argue from the standpoint of something like eco system support, and indeed Sony is an easy target if you need to find an example of a company that neglected its APSC system and cares more about its FF offerings.

But instead you chose to argue from the standpoint of some quasi nostalgic film standard thing that is utterly meaningless to the modern user.

There's so many ways to argue why FF has advantage over crop sensor, and "FF is the 'same size' as a piece of film that kodak popularised in the 1930s" has to be one of the worst ways to support your argument.

Who on earth is going to use their FF mirrorless / DSLR to shoot and develop on kodak 135 film ? Who on earth is going to take their 40-50 year old nikon F mount film era lenses with no autofocus no stabilization etc, and use it on their modern nikon cameras ?
135 mm film still popluler and it still manufactured till now.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=135+mm+fi...34&ref=sr_pg_1

For camera companies which have manufactured both APSC and FF camera lika Canon and Sony they have place APSC for beginner user and FF for advance user.
falcon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 04:09 PM   #15

135 mm film still popluler and it still manufactured till now.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=135+mm+fi...34&ref=sr_pg_1
Film is so popular sure, when was the last time u saw a physical photo that was not on FB/instagram/etc. When was the last time u saw a mainstream shop that sells film, instead of some tiny corner in peninsula or burlington

For camera companies which have manufactured both APSC and FF camera lika Canon and Sony they have place APSC for beginner user and FF for advance user.
Huh??? So not just a powershot or ixus but something as high up the chain as a Eos 90D which costs like 2k SGD is also consider a beginner device? Just cos it use crop sensor?

Beginner vs Advance has nothing to do with how much sensor size there is. It is a naive and shallow way of thinking if that is how you want to judge cameras and completely ignore things like manual controls, shooting modes.

well Sony did recently come up with this : https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/...enses/sel1655g and personally coming from Canon APSC, the only fast zoom native lens was the 17-55mm...(and still is?)

I don't feel particularly neglected even without its introduction. Sony has a whole range of lens for its APSC line and are still building on its impressive library even if not especially for APSC.
I somewhat hate canon with its MK versions of lens...
new lens is a nice step

wish for more under the hood improvements

if u are a company that is known for releasing more body then lens, to the point where ppl joke that Sony is a interchangeable-body system rather than interchangeable lens, you kind of owe it to the consumer to make more meaningful improvements

Sony circa 2019, rolling shutter still a problem, 4k60p still not available, full touchscreen inteface still not available. etc. those are things u cant solve by coming out with new lens

Last edited by chiaRH; 13-09-2019 at 04:13 PM..
chiaRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.