HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[ADVISE]: Part-Time Diploma In Infocomm & Digital Media in NYP

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #151

Hi, for those that have applied for this course with NYP, I think it is about time you should be receiving a letter notification informing you that you have been accepted to the course, just like the full time student except that there will be no enrollment package.

It will be followed by another letter for the course fee (per semester/MC) you need to pay. Usually this is done before school term starts.

Hope you all will have a pleasant and fruitful experience of this course.

Regards,
Calvin
Old 21-09-2016, 10:08 AM   #152

Exclamation NYP results out today for last semesters

Hi all NYP Part-time Diploma In Infocomm & Digital Media (IT Network & System Administration) students,

Your last semster results should be out be now.
Please go to the NYP Studnet Portal to retrieve it.

For those that have subscribe to the e-mobile notification services, your results should be already SMS to your phone number you have registered.

Best regards,
Calvin Lee
Old 21-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #153

Hi,

These maybe my last post with regrad to the course information here since I have started my course "withdrawal" process with NYP.

As I still do not have the heart to tell Mr. Ong and Mr. Simon that due to my work schedule and job nature, I will not be able to continue with the study to achieve the grades I wanted so I wrote to them as to defer for the next semester. But if things go well for the job, I will withdraw when the deferement expires as I have only 5 years to complete this course and I will have only one deferment left after this one.

My results for the NYP Diploma for this course is out today;

I cannot find any schalorship nor sponsorship to continue so no choice..haha

Hope to see you all again, my fellow NYP part-time classmates!

Bye!
Calvin
Old 21-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #154
High Supremacy Member

Wow so hardworking ah bro
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 09:15 AM   #155

Just sharing...
It is possible because I am not those can rememberized all they see or learn type...

My O levels English is D7
My 5 subjects (COP) for Poly is 27
Mid in class of 43 from Primary 4-6
Mid in class of 30 in Sec 1-2, LAST 10 in Sec 3-4.
Got punched by a teacher for not doing my homework persistently and warning in Sec 3.
Almost 30 years ago...regret!

Wow so hardworking ah bro
Calvin.Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 08:28 AM   #156
High Supremacy Member

Don't deferment le. Later you feel lazy lol.

I deferment once. I feel lazy Sia
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2016, 04:52 AM   #157

Sigh.....with work everyday till around average 8pm, how to go school?

Would not be lazy to go school or study because promise my dead girl I will have my Higest grades possible diploma if I study. Now take 85% of my time, no time to study, so quit is my only option.

My new job both physical and mentally demanding but that is the job I am being offered at that time period which again got on choice but take knowing I cannot study and work same time.

My 45 years old body which recovered from a major surgery is already struggling with work, so do not need to talk about study.

Everyday, go home depends on job finished, eat dinner and take 2 sleeping pills and sleep. Some times cannot take sleeping pills because got night to next morning/afternoon jobs. Cannot do anything else because the next day will require my full attention to my work.

Don't deferment le. Later you feel lazy lol.

I deferment once. I feel lazy Sia

Last edited by Calvin.Lee; 27-09-2016 at 04:56 AM..
Old 11-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #158

Can Part-Time Diploma In Infocomm & Digital Media in NYP used to apply in local university (SIM/NUS/NTU) after graduating? Is this diploma recognised in Government?
deanlohcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:38 PM   #159

Is it a waste time to take part-time Diploma In Infocomm & Digital Media in NYP?

From ntu site, all 2.5 year Diploma are not eligible for admission.
deanlohcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 10:06 PM   #160

For NTU not sure, but NUS can - must take bridging course and pass to be accepted.

But I not sure if the above apply to all NUS degree or not as I have not graduated from NYP and apply for local universities, my view is based on hear say.

Regards,
Calvin

Is it a waste time to take part-time Diploma In Infocomm & Digital Media in NYP?

From ntu site, all 2.5 year Diploma are not eligible for admission.
Old 18-04-2017, 06:56 PM   #161
Master Member

Hi,

These maybe my last post with regrad to the course information here since I have started my course "withdrawal" process with NYP.

As I still do not have the heart to tell Mr. Ong and Mr. Simon that due to my work schedule and job nature, I will not be able to continue with the study to achieve the grades I wanted so I wrote to them as to defer for the next semester. But if things go well for the job, I will withdraw when the deferement expires as I have only 5 years to complete this course and I will have only one deferment left after this one.

My results for the NYP Diploma for this course is out today;

I cannot find any schalorship nor sponsorship to continue so no choice..haha

Hope to see you all again, my fellow NYP part-time classmates!

Bye!
Calvin
TS and anther classmate of ours are the so far the only students who is able to maintain GPA 4.0 consistently throughout our course of study.
Old 18-04-2017, 07:00 PM   #162
Master Member

The entry test are basic IT questions and some engineering math problem. I am not from engineering background and I can do quite well in the test, so if you have some knowledge in IT, you should be ok.

Besides the entry test, you will be required to attend an interview after the test, I am not sure what the lecturer asked in the interview as I was not suppose to go for the entry test but I turn up anyway...haha
The questions are easy, do practice on binary and decimal conversions cause it will be tested.
I was granted entry with GCE N level (NT), VMware VCP and relevant working experience and I have graduated from the course.

I'm now taking a short break before furthering my studies to fulfill a long time dream of getting my degree.
Old 18-04-2017, 07:49 PM   #163
Arch-Supremacy Member

The questions are easy, do practice on binary and decimal conversions cause it will be tested.
I was granted entry with GCE N level (NT), VMware VCP and relevant working experience and I have graduated from the course.

I'm now taking a short break before furthering my studies to fulfill a long time dream of getting my degree.
how old are u ? u have no financial commitments ?
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #164
Master Member

how old are u ? u have no financial commitments ?
34 this year, the diploma is cheap after government subsidies.

300-800++ per semester depending on your age and income.
Those who earn lesser will get more government subsidies.
Old 18-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #165
Arch-Supremacy Member

34 this year, the diploma is cheap after government subsidies.

300-800++ per semester depending on your age and income.
Those who earn lesser will get more government subsidies.
I know the course is cheap.. I mean the opportunity cost of not working if you continue for degree... part time degree ?
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.