HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any Electrical maintenance course ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2019, 09:58 PM   #1
Master Member

Any Electrical maintenance course ?

On 22kv switchgear, transformer and others?

I am interesting in all these. Is there a school that teaches and training people in this?
ToonBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #2

On 22kv switchgear, transformer and others?

I am interesting in all these. Is there a school that teaches and training people in this?
ITE , Selected Poly (SP and NP) and Selected degree schools has these programmes, i am also very interested also, but 22kv switchgear is done by our licensed electrical engineers and that means, registered professional engineers. For poly and ite, we are limited to 1000V but both differ in electrical energy that the person is licensed to work.

To get a licence, one must apply a licence that is examined by EMA aka energy marketing authority. But so far for poly, only SP and NP has electrical engineering diploma that is recognised by the EMA .

Last edited by Idme231; 08-08-2019 at 01:18 PM..
Idme231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:23 PM   #3
Master Member

ITE , Selected Poly (SP and NP) and Selected degree schools has these programmes, i am also very interested also, but 22kv switchgear is done by our licensed electrical engineers and that means, registered professional engineers. For poly and ite, we are limited to 1000V but both differ in electrical energy that the person is licensed to work.

To get a licence, one must apply a licence that is examined by EMA aka energy marketing authority. But so far for poly, only SP and NP has electrical engineering diploma that is recognised by the EMA .
Do you know which course has? So far the course taken before never really go into maintenance stuff
Old 13-08-2019, 10:08 AM   #4

Do you know which course has? So far the course taken before never really go into maintenance stuff
so far i think Poly has it, not sure about university, maybe NTU has it. You might wanna look up on SP and NP's website for part time and full time courses cause they have it for this sector.
ITE nitec/higher nitec focus is more on a lower energy level such as switchboards and other systems in both residential, commercial or industrial.

I was from the ITE Nitec in rail sector and was given a chance to study higher voltage electrical systems they use in railway like 415/1.5kv/22kv systems and backup generators/transformers they use so it might differ from the general electrical courses.

but which course you attended already?

Last edited by Idme231; 13-08-2019 at 10:11 AM..
Old 13-08-2019, 06:57 PM   #5
Master Member

i majored in electrical distribution and services in singapore polytechnic but didn't study how to repair these...
joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 06:58 PM   #6
Master Member

i think you just join a company and hands on. better than schooling. you won't learn from studying
joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 08:26 PM   #7

I believe in electrical sector is more on monitoring the systems and do corrective and preventive from time to time when things go down, unless you go to MES (Mechanical and Electrical Services) sector which is more on facilities maintenance.
Old 14-08-2019, 01:25 AM   #8
Master Member

i think you just join a company and hands on. better than schooling. you won't learn from studying
Hard to get into these companies ... To learn and do the actual thing

Some JD I see before said you need to be very familiar or experience in this or that type of maintenance ...

Me at the most only know from Google lol

Last edited by ToonBlue; 14-08-2019 at 01:35 AM..
Old 14-08-2019, 07:45 AM   #9

Hard to get into these companies ... To learn and do the actual thing

Some JD I see before said you need to be very familiar or experience in this or that type of maintenance ...

Me at the most only know from Google lol
Have To start by being an electrician, provide electrical works In residential,etc.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.