Any Electrical maintenance course ?

ToonBlue

Banned
Reaction score
On 22kv switchgear, transformer and others?

I am interesting in all these. Is there a school that teaches and training people in this?

Idme231

Reaction score
On 22kv switchgear, transformer and others?

I am interesting in all these. Is there a school that teaches and training people in this?

ITE , Selected Poly (SP and NP) and Selected degree schools has these programmes, i am also very interested also, but 22kv switchgear is done by our licensed electrical engineers and that means, registered professional engineers. For poly and ite, we are limited to 1000V but both differ in electrical energy that the person is licensed to work.

To get a licence, one must apply a licence that is examined by EMA aka energy marketing authority. But so far for poly, only SP and NP has electrical engineering diploma that is recognised by the EMA .

Last edited:

ToonBlue

Banned
Reaction score
ITE , Selected Poly (SP and NP) and Selected degree schools has these programmes, i am also very interested also, but 22kv switchgear is done by our licensed electrical engineers and that means, registered professional engineers. For poly and ite, we are limited to 1000V but both differ in electrical energy that the person is licensed to work.

To get a licence, one must apply a licence that is examined by EMA aka energy marketing authority. But so far for poly, only SP and NP has electrical engineering diploma that is recognised by the EMA .

Do you know which course has? So far the course taken before never really go into maintenance stuff

Idme231

Reaction score
Do you know which course has? So far the course taken before never really go into maintenance stuff

so far i think Poly has it, not sure about university, maybe NTU has it. You might wanna look up on SP and NP's website for part time and full time courses cause they have it for this sector.
ITE nitec/higher nitec focus is more on a lower energy level such as switchboards and other systems in both residential, commercial or industrial.

I was from the ITE Nitec in rail sector and was given a chance to study higher voltage electrical systems they use in railway like 415/1.5kv/22kv systems and backup generators/transformers they use so it might differ from the general electrical courses.

but which course you attended already?

Last edited:

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i majored in electrical distribution and services in singapore polytechnic but didn't study how to repair these...

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think you just join a company and hands on. better than schooling. you won't learn from studying

Idme231

Reaction score
I believe in electrical sector is more on monitoring the systems and do corrective and preventive from time to time when things go down, unless you go to MES (Mechanical and Electrical Services) sector which is more on facilities maintenance.

ToonBlue

Banned
Reaction score
i think you just join a company and hands on. better than schooling. you won't learn from studying

Hard to get into these companies ... To learn and do the actual thing

Some JD I see before said you need to be very familiar or experience in this or that type of maintenance ...

Me at the most only know from Google lol

Last edited:

Idme231

Reaction score
Hard to get into these companies ... To learn and do the actual thing

Some JD I see before said you need to be very familiar or experience in this or that type of maintenance ...

Me at the most only know from Google lol

Have To start by being an electrician, provide electrical works In residential,etc.

Extech

Reaction score
https://www.spgroup.com.sg/about-us/training
SP have course but should be just L1 maintenance aka visual inspection

Anything beyond that, you will join OEM companies like Schneider Electric, Meiden, ABB, Eaton etc

Many of those experienced people come out and start their own switchgear/transformer servicing SMEs as subcon to these OEMs, or if they are ambitious enough, lowball service and maintenance contracts

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.