HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone got in local uni with private dip cert?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2019, 01:22 AM   #1

Anyone got in local uni with private dip cert?

For example got kaplan diploma and apply for local uni, assuming GPA is good. Any chance of getting in?
Caerie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #2

For example got kaplan diploma and apply for local uni, assuming GPA is good. Any chance of getting in?

Slim chance or nearly impossible... if you take kaplan diploma, guess u can only continue with them or other PEI (may need bridging courses) .... the only "private" diploma that can gain admission to local uni will be those (selected) diploma programs from BCA Academy...
Old 14-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #3

That’s what I heard also from my superior who took took part time deg in local uni. So no need to even try? Cos frankly speaking I got this impression that kaplan degree not very worth it, for the cost and how recognised it is. Might just be that I’m biased la but after taking their foundation programme I feel that their lessons also just reading off slides. That’s why asking for advice. If I’m gonna eventually blow that 20-30k in degree I hope I get a deg that is even recognised. Any two cents on this?

Slim chance or nearly impossible... if you take kaplan diploma, guess u can only continue with them or other PEI (may need bridging courses) .... the only "private" diploma that can gain admission to local uni will be those (selected) diploma programs from BCA Academy...
Caerie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #4

Private dip is actually quite worthless one..
Old 25-07-2019, 10:43 PM   #5

Not possible. Why? Private schools just do not have the rigour and standard. So what if you get a good GPA? Your grades are awarded by the school.

I have taught at a few private schools and the standard is really quite bad. I used to have students who took two classes con currently so they could graduate earlier and the school turned a blind eye to it. Lecturers' qualifications and marking standard are also dubious. How to trust the certs awarded by the school?
Taloona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 01:26 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Big fat zero chance of getting into NUS, NTU and SMU with a Kaplan Diploma.
dilphinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.