HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Course Transfer from RP to NP

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2019, 08:16 AM   #1

Course Transfer from RP to NP

Hello! So right now I'm a Year 1 student currently studying Biotech at RP. I figured out that RP's learning style does not suit me and I don't really like my course either. I feel that if I continue and graduate, I don't think I can find a job easily because I have no interest. I want to study Landscape Design and Horticulture in NP cus I love plants and I love to design too. At least I know what I want to be after graduating with that diploma. I talked to the programme chair for DBIO and he advised me to stay in my course until next year cus DBIO have similar modules as LSH and I need to prove to NP that I can do well in those. I scored quite okay for my L1R4 (15 points). I did a bit of research and I found out that LSH COP range from 15-18 points over the past 3 years. Anyone who had similar experience mind sharing with me? Like what shall I do in order to transfer from RP and NP? Do I need to go for an interview and prepare my portfolio?

Last edited by LizzyIsMeh; 19-07-2019 at 07:48 PM..
LizzyIsMeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #2

Hahaha PBL doesn't suit you? If what he says is true then it would be better for you to stay and get a taste of those modules. And if your OLevels score is around the cut-off point for the NP course, then you can apply through JAE 2020.

Hello! So right now I'm a Year 1 student currently studying Biotech at RP. I figured out that RP's learning style does not suit me and I don't really like my course either. I feel that if I continue and graduate, I don't think I can find a job easily because I have no interest. I want to study Landscape Design and Horticulture in NP cus I love plants and I love to design too. At least I know what I want to be after graduating with that diploma. I talked to the programme chair for DBIO and he advised me to stay in my course until next year cus DBIO have similar modules as LSH and I need to prove to NP that I can do well in those. I scored quite okay for my L1R4 (15 points). I did a bit of research and I found out that LSH COP range from 15-18 points over the past 3 years. Anyone who had similar experience mind sharing with me? Like what shall I do in order to transfer from RP and NP? Do I need to go for an interview and prepare my portfolio?
johnwatson6216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 01:26 AM   #3
Master Member

You should stay and attend the module that your course chair advise you. See whether you like it or not before thinking of transferring

Hope it is not a 3 min fever for you.
ToonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.