HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ex poly holding A level cert

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #1

Ex poly holding A level cert

Hi all. I dropped out of poly and went to jc to take my A level. Sadly ,my results couldnt get me into a local uni even though I passed all my subjects.I wish to apply DAE next year using my A level cert since I am not eligible for JAE. what are the chances of success for someone who was an ex poly applying using A level cert?

Last edited by Fluttersky56; 29-07-2018 at 09:10 PM..
Fluttersky56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 06:37 PM   #2

I am not an ex poly student but I did use my A level results to apply for NP and SP during DAE phase this year, whereby my A level results werenít good enough for local uni admission. I did the following 3 things: apply for NP and SP during DAE phase, apply for local uni, register for A level exams as private candidate. The first 2 options failed. I was rejected by NUS/NTU/SMU/NP/SP. SP is the worst, only sent me rejection email 2 weeks after school term had started. So now I am left with retaking my A level exams, which is just about 3+ months away. Nevertheless, I am going to apply for poly next year during JAE phase using my O level results, hopefully as a safety net in case I couldnít make it to uni again.
tamarack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 09:37 PM   #3

May I know what course did you apply for under DAE?
Fluttersky56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 09:51 PM   #4

SP
Creative Writing for Television and New Media
Applied Drama and Psychology
Digital Animation

Canít exactly remember my NP choices but I remember Psychology as one of them.
tamarack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 11:13 AM   #5

Enrolled into SP doing Part time business, wondering if able to get into local uni anot.. dun mind doing it part time as well
FreddieBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.