HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HELP! ITE TO POLY QUESTIONS >

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2018, 12:29 AM   #16

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'll summarise, HAHA.
Looking back it was a dumb decision but at that point in time when I just grad from N's I wanted to do O's. My secondary school principal and teachers were against the idea and recommended I did DPP. I was confused at that time (17 years old?) and had no idea what I wanted to do so I applied for a course I didn't like in DPP.

Needless to say, 6 months in I dropped out. Got my shiz together and really thought through and I reapplied for NITEC (you couldn't apply for DPP the following year) and thankfully now I graduated with a GPA with 4.0 in Biz.

TLDR: I drop out from DPP bc of wrong course.
Aizooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:07 PM   #17

Hi. Did you apply for RP or HNitec? I find myself in a similar situation...
Aizooom likes this.
eieilawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:27 PM   #18
Supremacy Member

I'll summarise, HAHA.
Looking back it was a dumb decision but at that point in time when I just grad from N's I wanted to do O's. My secondary school principal and teachers were against the idea and recommended I did DPP. I was confused at that time (17 years old?) and had no idea what I wanted to do so I applied for a course I didn't like in DPP.

Needless to say, 6 months in I dropped out. Got my shiz together and really thought through and I reapplied for NITEC (you couldn't apply for DPP the following year) and thankfully now I graduated with a GPA with 4.0 in Biz.

TLDR: I drop out from DPP bc of wrong course.
Wow Congratulation for scoring GPA 4.0!...but may I share with you past NITEC Business Service Grad Students applying for Republic Poly ...the gate is very small ....Scoring GPA 4.0 in NITEC Business Services does not guarantee that RP will accept you...RP intake for each course is rather small unlike the other Polytechnics. First Intake goes to O Level students , then the balance are open for ITE students...I went to RP open house last year, I question the Lecturers , what is the rate of each year intake set aside for ITE students, knowing they take in O level students first...

The lecturers could not give me a good answer....i hope my sharing gives you an understanding "Gate entrance " to RP for NITEC students doing Business Service is very slim....

Good Luck!

Last edited by heymee; 03-09-2018 at 08:37 PM..
heymee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #19

Hi,I have the similar experience with you. I was from Nitec and went on to Higher Nitec Year 2. From there, I did well and went to enter Year 2 Poly (Highly would not recommend), best to start off with Year 1. If you are planning to go from Nitec to Poly, is like totally a new thing for you as the module being taught in Nitec is not related at all. Otherwise, go to Higher Nitec Year 2, as you have an advantage of knowing what to expect when you enter poly as some module being taught are about the same but with deeper learning.
Hi may I ask how tough is higher Nitec to poly year2? Is it doable if you study hard?
Heha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

I will share my experience too using engineering as an example.

Engineering mathematics in Polytechnic is a big problem for a lot of ITE graduates cause they only learn basic calculation.

For Higher Nitec, you do not needs to work hard and still able to pass.

For Polytechnic Diploma, it is very clear cut if you know or don't know.

Hi may I ask how tough is higher Nitec to poly year2? Is it doable if you study hard?
Old 05-09-2018, 11:58 PM   #21

I will share my experience too using engineering as an example.

Engineering mathematics in Polytechnic is a big problem for a lot of ITE graduates cause they only learn basic calculation.

For Higher Nitec, you do not needs to work hard and still able to pass.

For Polytechnic Diploma, it is very clear cut if you know or don't know.
Yea that is true I only studied 3 weeks before exam and still able to get A. So in poly the only hard thing is Maths? What about the theory part you missed for differing year 1? Will it make it difficult?
Old 06-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #22
Supremacy Member

Year 1 is basic that provide you with necessary foundation for year 2 & 3. So there will be some part where ITE graduates that never learn before.

In ITE, you may write 1 line which still can score for Theory Exam. In Poly, they needs more than that but 1 line can still get a sub pass or pass.

Yea that is true I only studied 3 weeks before exam and still able to get A. So in poly the only hard thing is Maths? What about the theory part you missed for differing year 1? Will it make it difficult?
Old 06-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #23

Nitec Exams are very easy bro, i used to be from HNITEC, the moment i saw NITEC's paper i just went wow.

Year 1 is basic that provide you with necessary foundation for year 2 & 3. So there will be some part where ITE graduates that never learn before.

In ITE, you may write 1 line which still can score for Theory Exam. In Poly, they needs more than that but 1 line can still get a sub pass or pass.
Yes Kyoji is right in this aspect, ITE and Poly exams are very very different.

ITE exams just write what to do.

Poly exams need to write and explain the reason behind ur actions and such.

Personally i would encourage you to go HNITEC year 2 before going into Poly. Systems in ITE and Poly are worlds apart. In ITE, the class settings for my course is like a sec sch classroom however, in Poly its most likely lectures. So, its better to get a stable foundation in ITE before going for Poly where they employ the lecture system, as lecturers in poly dont really care about u, unlike ITE lecturers.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #24

Nitec Exams are very easy bro, i used to be from HNITEC, the moment i saw NITEC's paper i just went wow.

Yes Kyoji is right in this aspect, ITE and Poly exams are very very different.

ITE exams just write what to do.

Poly exams need to write and explain the reason behind ur actions and such.

Personally i would encourage you to go HNITEC year 2 before going into Poly. Systems in ITE and Poly are worlds apart. In ITE, the class settings for my course is like a sec sch classroom however, in Poly its most likely lectures. So, its better to get a stable foundation in ITE before going for Poly where they employ the lecture system, as lecturers in poly dont really care about u, unlike ITE lecturers.
I'm currently in higher Nitec you can't jump from Nitec to poly year 2 that will really be ridiculous
Old 07-09-2018, 10:47 AM   #25
Supremacy Member

Just to add on.

Nitec with good GPA can directly start from Poly year 1 or Higher Nitec year 2.

Higher Nitec with good GPA can start from Poly year 2.

I'm currently in higher Nitec you can't jump from Nitec to poly year 2 that will really be ridiculous
Old 12-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #26

Hi. Did you apply for RP or HNitec? I find myself in a similar situation...
Sorry for the late reply! I totally understand your situation. I applied to RP and got accepted, but I ended up choosing to stay in my Year 2 Higher NITEC course instead. Now waiting for my GPA and off I go to intern! Are you from Business Services?

All the best!

Last edited by Aizooom; 12-09-2018 at 04:01 PM..
Aizooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.