HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Higher Nitec to POLY 2018 JPAE HELP

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2018, 01:03 AM   #1

Lightbulb Higher Nitec to POLY 2018 JPAE HELP

Higher Nitec results ( Term 3 ) Accumulative GPA ; 1.9 , with CCA points is GPA 2 , so you can roughly estimate.

Too late to regret or do anything about it , but to only build and look for a way to further my studies by any means , at least a diploma for me.

Currently doing my internship now , really working hard and for my intern task list is getting a very consistent good remarks from my supervisor to my liaison teacher from ITE. My Teacher or I would say Class Adviser , told me that if I keep it up and have a good report and presentation of intern , can secure a GPA 4.

Studying in ITE Electronic Engine Higher Nitec...

Really worried as I heard that I will be using term 3 results to apply JPAE , will I even go through the process of selecting or applying JPAE?

Or must I go through the appeal period? I'm currently looking to study in RP and continue the same route too , if not similar.

Anyone with experience please advise , or at least let me know your situation and how did you progress with poly ? If didn't progress , whats your alternative route.
godeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

Higher Nitec results ( Term 3 ) Accumulative GPA ; 1.9 , with CCA points is GPA 2 , so you can roughly estimate.

Too late to regret or do anything about it , but to only build and look for a way to further my studies by any means , at least a diploma for me.

Currently doing my internship now , really working hard and for my intern task list is getting a very consistent good remarks from my supervisor to my liaison teacher from ITE. My Teacher or I would say Class Adviser , told me that if I keep it up and have a good report and presentation of intern , can secure a GPA 4.

Really worried as I heard that I will be using term 3 results to apply JPAE , will I even go through the process of selecting or applying JPAE?

Or must I go through the appeal period? I'm currently looking to study in RP and continue the same route too , if not similar.

Anyone with experience please advise , or at least let me know your situation and how did you progress with poly ? If didn't progress , whats your alternative route.
I tried to understand your GPA score...Term 3 is about GPA 2,then Term 4 GPA4.0 ...so average will be GPA 3?

The COP for JPAE I think for HNITEC is GPA 2.5?
But competition is very tough....
Furthermore most of courses in Poly the priority is given to O Level Students... like 90% for O Levels 10% for ITE students...

Another option is to take up Work-Learn Technical Diploma (WLTD) Programme from ITE....

For your consideration....
Old 05-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #3

Hi Sorry ,

My term 3 accumulative GPA is 1.96
Bonus GPA awarded is 0.05

Term 4 base i am pretty confident that I can hit GPA 4 or at least 3.

I'm also under DPP and frankly speaking I am really regretting what I have done in my two years , but nevertheless , no point regretting thus I am looking for alternative way or even looking at private as of now.

To apply I will need GPA 2 or so from the website , so am I able to apply with my term 3 results or I need to wait for my final term results and appeal?

Currently looking for courses related to electronic engine , at RP

I tried to understand your GPA score...Term 3 is about GPA 2,then Term 4 GPA4.0 ...so average will be GPA 3?

The COP for JPAE I think for HNITEC is GPA 2.5?
But competition is very tough....
Furthermore most of courses in Poly the priority is given to O Level Students... like 90% for O Levels 10% for ITE students...

Another option is to take up Work-Learn Technical Diploma (WLTD) Programme from ITE....

For your consideration....
Old 05-12-2018, 12:21 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Hi Sorry ,

My term 3 accumulative GPA is 1.96
Bonus GPA awarded is 0.05

Term 4 base i am pretty confident that I can hit GPA 4 or at least 3.

I'm also under DPP and frankly speaking I am really regretting what I have done in my two years , but nevertheless , no point regretting thus I am looking for alternative way or even looking at private as of now.

To apply I will need GPA 2 or so from the website , so am I able to apply with my term 3 results or I need to wait for my final term results and appeal?

Currently looking for courses related to electronic engine , at RP
Have to wait for your final GPA...take average GPA to apply...
If JPAE cannot get in, try DSA....

But why RP, not other Polys?

RP education is very different from the other 4 Poly...
RP really train the students towards working life...a lot of presentations , a lot of Group works....

If you are person that does not like presentation in front of people like 20-25 people each lessons...then you have to consider again...

Another unique way of RP , every semester change CLASSES , Change Classmates...

RP Year 1 Classes start from 8.30am until late afternoon ...Monday to Friday... go home still have to write Journal...on the day lessons...this Journal is Graded... part of your GPA...
Journal Dateline each day is before midnite....

Have fun thinking....

Last edited by heymee; 05-12-2018 at 12:27 PM..
heymee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #5
Master Member

Don't treat RP as dumping ground. RP had evolved over these years.

I got an ITE classmates (my Nitec classmates) who got GPA2.7 on his Higher Nitec studies got rejected by RP in JPAE this year. He applied RP Diploma in IT and Diploma in Business Information Systems.

I helped him appeal into NYP - Diploma in Electronics Systems and he got accepted. But after started school for 1 week, he felt Engineering Maths and Electronics weren't his cup of tea. He submitted a course transfer form and managed to switch into IT-related course in NYP.

I am from RP too but graduating in this coming 2019. And would like to comment that RP Registrar opens their course vacanies more to their O Level's students than ITE's.

Tips: Ngee Ann Polytechnic's Diploma in ECE, Nanyang Polytechnic's Diploma in Electronics Systems and Diploma in ECE has bigger course's vacanies. Typically, Higher Nitec students with GPA2.2 and above have no problem of getting into these course. Not sure for RP's SEG. You may refer to the JPAE's booklet.
heymee likes this.
Food_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #6

Hi ,

Did not mean to come off as RP being a dumping ground.... So if I did , I will like to apologize.

I am actually really looking forward to RP way of teaching , as heard from my friend who graduated there , is more towards project and peer to peer learning as well , RJs and etc.

I feel and I have interest towards this areas due to the fact that I am actually more comfortable and efficient in Project too.. So this are some of the reasons I choose RP , not because of whether my grades can make it , so once again I sincerely apologize.

Thanks for letting me know about the vacancies , do you think that the new course open at NP like hotels and leisure facilities management , have huge vacancies too?

Don't treat RP as dumping ground. RP had evolved over these years.

I got an ITE classmates (my Nitec classmates) who got GPA2.7 on his Higher Nitec studies got rejected by RP in JPAE this year. He applied RP Diploma in IT and Diploma in Business Information Systems.

I helped him appeal into NYP - Diploma in Electronics Systems and he got accepted. But after started school for 1 week, he felt Engineering Maths and Electronics weren't his cup of tea. He submitted a course transfer form and managed to switch into IT-related course in NYP.

I am from RP too but graduating in this coming 2019. And would like to comment that RP Registrar opens their course vacanies more to their O Level's students than ITE's.

Tips: Ngee Ann Polytechnic's Diploma in ECE, Nanyang Polytechnic's Diploma in Electronics Systems and Diploma in ECE has bigger course's vacanies. Typically, Higher Nitec students with GPA2.2 and above have no problem of getting into these course. Not sure for RP's SEG. You may refer to the JPAE's booklet.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #7
Master Member

Hi ,

Did not mean to come off as RP being a dumping ground.... So if I did , I will like to apologize.

I am actually really looking forward to RP way of teaching , as heard from my friend who graduated there , is more towards project and peer to peer learning as well , RJs and etc.

I feel and I have interest towards this areas due to the fact that I am actually more comfortable and efficient in Project too.. So this are some of the reasons I choose RP , not because of whether my grades can make it , so once again I sincerely apologize.

Thanks for letting me know about the vacancies , do you think that the new course open at NP like hotels and leisure facilities management , have huge vacancies too?
No worries, my bad for making incredible assumption. Sorry.

Hmmm. Be it hospitality or/and business-related courses are popular. Engineering courses (apart from Aerospace-related courses) are the least popular in the across of 5 Polytechnics. Hence, Engineering courses are your best bet.

Not sure whether you came from NT, NA or Express stream in your Secondary school. But Engineering Maths are module's killer. Many student across 5 polytechnics got dimissed or drop out as they weren't able to cope with few modules of Engineering Maths. Personally, I had avoid Engineering Course as my Mathematics foundation weren't good (as i came from NT stream).

But for RP, each and every SEG student will undergo a basic A113 mathematics and E114 Engineering mathematics module. For NYP and NP Engineering, most Engineering Courses have 3 modules of Engineering Mathematics.

For now, try to do well in your current semester and hopefully push up your raw GPA to GPA2.2. Try to take part in those various CCA activities (such as NYAA, Camps, Volunteer; etc) to boost your CCA points to Silver. So long your cumulative GPA is able to hit GPA2.3 upon your Higher Nitec's graduation, your chances of getting into an Engineering course will be higher.

Best of luck and pls update us constantly here

Last edited by Food_Lover; 05-12-2018 at 10:45 PM..
Food_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:12 AM   #8

I actually am from the NA stream and have O level math and A math background , but am pretty sure its rusty.

I am actually looking towards engineering course or business information from RP or even IT company , but nonetheless my choices are limited as I have screwed up exams thus resulting me to this

However , with a accumulative GPA of 1.9 now I can get a GPA 4 for this current sem..
Why? Internship , have a very good remark from teacher and supervisor and as long as i keep this up to feb , should be fine ..

But thanks a lot for the advice and information given Will update here constantly thanks a lot

No worries, my bad for making incredible assumption. Sorry.

Hmmm. Be it hospitality or/and business-related courses are popular. Engineering courses (apart from Aerospace-related courses) are the least popular in the across of 5 Polytechnics. Hence, Engineering courses are your best bet.

Not sure whether you came from NT, NA or Express stream in your Secondary school. But Engineering Maths are module's killer. Many student across 5 polytechnics got dimissed or drop out as they weren't able to cope with few modules of Engineering Maths. Personally, I had avoid Engineering Course as my Mathematics foundation weren't good (as i came from NT stream).

But for RP, each and every SEG student will undergo a basic A113 mathematics and E114 Engineering mathematics module. For NYP and NP Engineering, most Engineering Courses have 3 modules of Engineering Mathematics.

For now, try to do well in your current semester and hopefully push up your raw GPA to GPA2.2. Try to take part in those various CCA activities (such as NYAA, Camps, Volunteer; etc) to boost your CCA points to Silver. So long your cumulative GPA is able to hit GPA2.3 upon your Higher Nitec's graduation, your chances of getting into an Engineering course will be higher.

Best of luck and pls update us constantly here
Old 07-12-2018, 01:09 PM   #9

I actually am from the NA stream and have O level math and A math background , but am pretty sure its rusty.

I am actually looking towards engineering course or business information from RP or even IT company , but nonetheless my choices are limited as I have screwed up exams thus resulting me to this

However , with a accumulative GPA of 1.9 now I can get a GPA 4 for this current sem..
Why? Internship , have a very good remark from teacher and supervisor and as long as i keep this up to feb , should be fine ..

But thanks a lot for the advice and information given Will update here constantly thanks a lot
Sorry to ask but how come you screw up your first year modules?
Depending on your credit of your IA even if 4.000 doesnt mean pull up tremendously. The more module credits you get the higher grade the higher the GPA pulled up.

Last edited by Idme231; 07-12-2018 at 01:11 PM..
Idme231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:38 AM   #10

Hi sorry with the extremely late reply , internship is really taxing on my time as im working double job as well..

Family finance not that good , working double job and in class didnt really focus , so all in all , really wasted 2 years of ITE and had very poor management of time itself.

Not giving excuses , but its my fault for not seeing the importance earlier and not pirortizing things right..

Even if my IA gets a 4 , it will pull up to at least 2.4? 2.3 ? Like this , i also happy honestly... At least can try appeal and see which poly that offers the course to me..

whatever the future may be , i am willing to take the hard route , so i guess all the best to me

Sorry to ask but how come you screw up your first year modules?
Depending on your credit of your IA even if 4.000 doesnt mean pull up tremendously. The more module credits you get the higher grade the higher the GPA pulled up.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #11
Master Member

the easiest way to estimate gpa is (1.9*3 + 4)4 = 2.425

it is very easy for people to say that if they get a 4.0.......

most people that make this sort of statement do not get the 4.0. in fact most of them cant even get 3.0. what i am trying to say is that you should be realistic with your targets.

not getting into poly is not the end of your hope of getting a diploma. i have mentioned: our education system is forgiving. there will be part time diplomas in polys. the requirements are much less than the full time courses. if you have one or two years of working, you should be able to get into the courses.
dork32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:11 PM   #12

Hi ,

I understand what you mean , its definetely easy for me to say I can get a 4 or 3.. Thus i have always plan away from it , constantly putting myself in a situation thats far more worst..

I am actually thinking of finishing higher nitec , to NS , then come out to work ( for at least 2-3years ) then study again or even climb out slowly if i have to..

My father actually encourage me to work full time after NS and do part time diploma too , but still I am currrently reading about from forums and asking around for personal experience...

Thanks a lot for the heads up 👍🏽 Have a good day/evening ahead

the easiest way to estimate gpa is (1.9*3 + 4)4 = 2.425

it is very easy for people to say that if they get a 4.0.......

most people that make this sort of statement do not get the 4.0. in fact most of them cant even get 3.0. what i am trying to say is that you should be realistic with your targets.

not getting into poly is not the end of your hope of getting a diploma. i have mentioned: our education system is forgiving. there will be part time diplomas in polys. the requirements are much less than the full time courses. if you have one or two years of working, you should be able to get into the courses.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:31 AM   #13
Supremacy Member

Another option is consider to take up Work-Learn Technical Diploma (WLTD) Programme from ITE..

Have a company sponsor you with monthly pay and study to get the Diploma....
Idme231 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 12:51 AM   #14

Hmm , my internship company , the supervisor actually asked me if I am interested to join them , but she and my boss know about the situation I am at currently..

My boss also mentioned that , If i want to further my studies , he wouldnt mind paying for it but like what you said WLTD .. still considering 🤔

Another option is consider to take up Work-Learn Technical Diploma (WLTD) Programme from ITE..

Have a company sponsor you with monthly pay and study to get the Diploma....
heymee likes this.
Old Yesterday, 07:35 AM   #15
Supremacy Member

Hmm , my internship company , the supervisor actually asked me if I am interested to join them , but she and my boss know about the situation I am at currently..

My boss also mentioned that , If i want to further my studies , he wouldnt mind paying for it but like what you said WLTD .. still considering 🤔
Go for it....try when you are young
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.