HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

LEW

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #1

LEW

Any one can tell me how do I get certified as LEW?ADvice please.
bkbatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which grade of LEW are you refering to?
Kyoji83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #3

thanks for the reply.I'm just referring to level 1.the most basic level.please give me more info.appreciated it =)
Old 26-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lolz =X

No grade 1 licence, it only have 7, 8 & 9.

You must have Nitec for electrican licence, Poly Dip for Electrial Technician licence & a Reg PE with PEB + degree for Electrial Engineer licence.

thanks for the reply.I'm just referring to level 1.the most basic level.please give me more info.appreciated it =)
Old 28-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #5

http://elise.ema.gov.sg/elise/public...forlicence.jsp

For 7,8 , a written test (mcq) + interview

written test q standard. it's the interview that kills.

For 9, just an interview (if I'm not mistaken)
quickfoot15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2010, 03:32 AM   #6

i only got diploma for NSS under electronic and computer engineering..hmm..i went the to referred website.does that mean i can only apply for grade 7? or i can apply for none at all?i got few years working experience though dealing with energy audit.
Old 28-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

By right, you are not eligible any electrical licence because you did not study electrical in your Poly/ITE days.

By left, if you have the related working experience + network, you can use the network to apply for the tests & interview even if you do not have the certs.

If you don't have the network, forget it. If you have the network but no skills & knowledge to pass the tests & interviews, forget it.

i only got diploma for NSS under electronic and computer engineering..hmm..i went the to referred website.does that mean i can only apply for grade 7? or i can apply for none at all?i got few years working experience though dealing with energy audit.
Old 30-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #8

sorry to hijack this thread. need some advise here. right now i'm going ord and wanna start gaining exp to apply for the license. but i dunno what kind of job do i need to work as to get the lew license? cause there different type of electrical job? then for higher nitec, which license can i apply?
mynazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 11:19 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

sorry to hijack this thread. need some advise here. right now i'm going ord and wanna start gaining exp to apply for the license. but i dunno what kind of job do i need to work as to get the lew license? cause there different type of electrical job? then for higher nitec, which license can i apply?
Your Higher Nitec fall below Poly Dip (Electrical Technician Licence) but above Nitec (Electrician Licence), so you are only entitled to apply for Electrician Licence if you have working exp.

Try to look for Electrical jobs that do...

design, install, repair, maintain, operate, inspect and test an electrical / supply installation where the operating voltage of such installation does not exceed 1000 volts and the approved load of such installation does not exceed 45 kVA;

and

install, repair, maintain and operate, under the supervision of an electrical technician, an electrical / supply installation where the operating voltage of such installation does not exceed 1000 volts and the approved load of such installation is more than 45 kVA but does not exceed 500 kVA;

But base on my knowledge, the interviewer will test & ask you to do installation work. So must really have exp on that.
Old 31-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #10

Your Higher Nitec fall below Poly Dip (Electrical Technician Licence) but above Nitec (Electrician Licence), so you are only entitled to apply for Electrician Licence if you have working exp.

Try to look for Electrical jobs that do...

design, install, repair, maintain, operate, inspect and test an electrical / supply installation where the operating voltage of such installation does not exceed 1000 volts and the approved load of such installation does not exceed 45 kVA;

and

install, repair, maintain and operate, under the supervision of an electrical technician, an electrical / supply installation where the operating voltage of such installation does not exceed 1000 volts and the approved load of such installation is more than 45 kVA but does not exceed 500 kVA;

But base on my knowledge, the interviewer will test & ask you to do installation work. So must really have exp on that.

Thanks for the info.
Old 31-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #11

anyone here working as an electrical contractor here? is it a lucrative line to go in? heard that they make lots of money. is it true?
Old 01-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lolz...

It is true & not really true.

When you say electrical contractor, is he free lance, empolyer or empolyee (Do not include Lectuer & etc)?
anyone here working as an electrical contractor here? is it a lucrative line to go in? heard that they make lots of money. is it true?
Old 03-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #13

Lolz...

It is true & not really true.

When you say electrical contractor, is he free lance, empolyer or empolyee (Do not include Lectuer & etc)?
?? what do u mean? why is it true and not true? i referring to the one who has his own company?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

?? what do u mean? why is it true and not true? i referring to the one who has his own company?

You mean the employer of a company?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #15

You mean the employer of a company?
yup.. i'm referring to that one.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.