HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need help in pursuing a degree. Well I only have a ITE cert.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2019, 07:58 PM   #1

Need help in pursuing a degree. Well I only have a ITE cert.

Hi bros out there, I'm 23 this year just ORD and don't have a dip. I only have a minimum GPA of 2.06 (raw) from my Higher Nitec engineering. Back then I had no vision on what to do, but now I really want to become a Police officer and becoming Inspector as a goal.
I know it's too late to regret, and only to blame myself. I'm gonna try apply in the local Polytechnics. I'm eyeing on studies related to Crime or Police studies for example: B.A Criminology in SIT in future. Now the problem is I don't have a dip and only have 2.06 GPA from ITE. I've set my goal is to be Insp. Bros possible kindly guide me, thank you.
Arthur_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 08:46 PM   #2

I wanted to sign on as an inspector too after i ORD from army... but need degree at least. With ite cert only i think a bit hard ah bro. Maybe can take part time poly diploma while working as a police officer first?
Aliensurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 09:36 PM   #3

I wanted to sign on as an inspector too after i ORD from army... but need degree at least. With ite cert only i think a bit hard ah bro. Maybe can take part time poly diploma while working as a police officer first?
Hey sup bro thanks for the reply man, appreciated much. Now I really wanna pursue a degree inorder to join SPF, however right now I only have an ITE CERT. Please do guide me a path on how to pursue a degree. Thanks again man.
Arthur_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 11:04 PM   #4

Hey sup bro thanks for the reply man, appreciated much. Now I really wanna pursue a degree inorder to join SPF, however right now I only have an ITE CERT. Please do guide me a path on how to pursue a degree. Thanks again man.
Sign on a suitable position in the force first. Them do part time diploma to upgrade yourself, and do well in the force and get promotions. After getting diploma, try to get sponsorship to do degree, otherwise upgrade yourself.
The key thing is, there is a cut off age to join the force, just like saf scdf. Once you're deemed too old, you can forget about it.
Sponsorships will allow you to climb faster, since scholars are more recognised.
grapewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 11:53 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Path 1
Serve NSF 2 years + 1 year estimated wasting time to enlist and start school -> CET Diploma (Part Time Poly Diploma) 2.5 years -> Part Time Local Degree 5 years = 10.5 years later sign on as OCT -> P/INSP -> INSP(1)

Path 2
Sign on SGT(1) with Nitec -> SGT(2) -> SGT(1) -> SSSGT -> SI -> INSP(1)

Path 3
Serve NSF 2 years + 1 year estimated wasting time to enlist and start school -> CET Diploma (Part Time Poly Diploma) 2.5 years & Sign on as SGT(2) -> SGT(1) -> SSSGT -> SI -> INSP(1).

Have you ever think of signing on as INSP(APF) with Aetos & etc with a distance learning degree (or what is known as private degree in lay man term in Sg)?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.