HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Please help. What should I do now?

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2018, 10:49 PM   #46
Master Member

you totally do not understand the concept of progressively learning.

i have a better suggestion. they should teach you calculus when you are in pri one. you would totally picked up everything and pass you o level a maths you are in pri 2.

they should also teach you differential equations at pri3. you would be getting your a level at pri4.

you can start you uni education at p5 and get you degree at p6.

you xiao is it?

Last edited by dork32; 13-12-2018 at 10:59 PM..
dork32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #47
Master Member

How about Polytechnic from your point of view?

poly makes our educational system complete.

the middle tier will end up in poly. poly teaches skills that are relevant to the industry. it also has the academic rigours such that the students will have fighting chance should they make it to the uni.

again, poly clearly exhibit our superior system. many poly students could not get into jcs. this does not mean the end of the road for them.

if they can get to top, they get into uni. poly gives the students a second shot at the uni despite messing up their o level.

if they get into the middle, they get a nice job with decent pay. if they are right at the bottom, they get kicked out.
dork32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:45 PM   #48

Hi. I'm probably gonna fail N Levels (I'm from NA) Hear me out. I want to get to Polytechnic at the very least, but I probably ****ed up because I only woke up and decided to be serious at Sem 2 of Sec 4 which was too late.

I have three choices now.

1. Retain Sec 4NA and retake N Levels
- My senior retained Sec 4NA, and he did quite well. This is my first option. But then most of my juniors all YP YP, cfm kena bully.

2. Pray to every god I know in hopes passing.

3. Nitec
- I don't really want to go ITE. But if it comes down to it, I don't really have a choice.

The route if I have to go if I go into ITE is this.
Nitec > Higher Nitec > NS > Poly.

Come out damn old liao no one want hire me no need marry already.

Or is it possible to get into only NITEC and still get into a Poly? Even RP is fine.

Really need advice, just very confused right now.

ALSO!!!
I need a question answered.
Is it possible to get from NITEC to Poly thru JPAE?
IF I get into a Poly thru NITEC, it will be for three years, right?
Since you have "woken up", retake NA and aim for poly foundation. If you take NA twice, and still cannot get into poly foundation, then ITE NITEC.
If you are not taking a technical course, going to poly from ITE can be disadvantageous when you look for a job later. Also, you will struggle in poly. So going through NITEC is not the preferred option.
FinalFrontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:30 PM   #49
Arch-Supremacy Member

Stop assuming cause I did not fail all subjects during primary 4 and why will everyone run away from me if I am from EM2? This is what happening when the majorly do not know about EM3 and stereotype that EM3 students are incompetent in academic which is not true.

If I am Malaysian, what make you think I will fail my SPM since most of my race actually score well or at least average score for their SPM. They advance to STPM (Equivalent to GCE A) and Polytechnic or even come to study in Singapore for JC and Polytechnic education.

While some of my race end up in local universities in Malaysia, majorly actually end study distance learning degree or went overseas to study on-campus degree.

There are a lot of Malaysians out here in Singapore are actually doing a polytechnic diploma or degree jobs.

yeah. in malaysia, they just keep you in school, no matter how badly you have done. people like you in malaysia will be attending school and learning nothing. ultimately they fail their spm. that is why you see so many malaysian coming out here to take jobs that singaporean do not want.

the fact that you were in em3 means you have failed every subject there is to fail. it just means that you are not good enuf for the em2 stream. it means that if you were in the em2 stream, everyone will be running away from you. it means that you will probably learn nothing like the poor malaysians that are out here working. it means that you will not even get the chance of getting degree, no matter how old you are.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:37 PM   #50
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah, so it is the garmen fault that you failed.

Fail what? I only know since NT do not contribute to school ranking for GCE O, my secondary school (A future school) can allow no science teacher for around 2 years and let us go NT GCE N.

it is the garmen fault that you do not want to read out of you syllabus.

Cause I am not that smart like everyone in my age group at that time.

the express students does not have to study in advance because they are up to speed. they can start to learn jc stuff when they are there. they are not grumbling that they should get their degree by 18 years old. they do not mind getting it when they are 25

Stop talking nonsense. Most people at that age will not study out of their syllabus. And who tell you they do not mind getting it at 25 year old due to full time NS?

you are grumbling that you should be getting your degree earlier but you are not doing anything about it. you just blame the system, the garmen ,everyone. the real problem is yourself

While grumbling, I make a different and become a graduate.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:43 PM   #51
Arch-Supremacy Member

Refer to #49. To add on, Malaysians are here using their SPM to study our education like Polytechnic Diploma so that it is recognized by our workforce. If I have their education system, I maybe one of them!

Catch up what? Already shortchange to the max (From insufficient syllabus to no teacher) and there are only limitation one can study on themselves with understanding.

singapore system is fair.. you did not make because you are at the bottom of the pile.

you are right that in malaysia, everyone will be promoted all the way to take their spm. but at the spm, people at the bottom of the pile would have failed badly. they would not be able to make it to their poly. they have would have to come here and work. in sg, at least, we still have ite for you to pick up some useful skills.

as a chinese in malaysia, you will not be given scholarships and the nice uni places. they are reserved for the malay. you call that a fair system.

there is nothing wrong with our system. it is superior to many, especially malaysia. there are so many malaysian kids studying here. how many sg parents would send their kids to malaysia.

the real problem is you. you are at the bottom. you refused to accept that you cannot keep up with your peers. you refused to admit that you are weak. you refuse to put in additional effort to catch up and you are blaming everyone else for that.

if you are at the bottom of any system, you will suffer.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:47 PM   #52
Arch-Supremacy Member

There are Malaysians who get their degree from local universities and my example from other countries like Australia are much more forgiving if compare to Singapore. So don't talk until Singapore is so big deal!

yes, it is very forgiving. at least people like you still have a shot the degree.
if you were an malaysian, you are probably stuck doing some odd jobs. you not get your degree till the day that you die.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:51 PM   #53
Arch-Supremacy Member

I only study E Math and most of them you quote which I suspected it is from A Math cause I learn most of them in Engineering Math. So don't throw smoke screen on me.

you are learning plus mius in sec because you cannot understand it in pri school

just like we are doing bezel function, error function, laplace transform , runge kutta in our maths. do you know what i am talking about? you are totally lost. you probably will never know because you do not want to read up more on your own. your world of mathematics is just at algebra with +-*/.

you will have very low chance to become a top performer because you are failing so badly when you are taking the standard subject.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:58 PM   #54
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is what happening when the majorly do not know about weakest stream and stereotype that weakest stream students are incompetent in academic which is not true.

Give Express & NA Students NT Exam papers and I doubt they can score all 75% for all subjects (Requirement for NT to be promoted to NA) and some will even fail it.

Like I say, all I want is like the world with 1 education system from Year 1 to Year 10. If I fail, it will be my fate that I end up in ITE but what if I can score and enter Polytechnic?

this is exactly what i meant, you will be sent to na or nt if you are at the bottom.

i can tell you this. you have passed your em3 psle at an average level. this also means that if they have given you a em2 paper you would have failed everything and probably end in nt anyway.

yeah, you blame garmen for not teaching you as much as the em2 students. actually, they have, before you were streamed into em3. you probably have failed every subject then. if they had maintained the em2 pace for you, you would have learned nothing because they are too fast. it means that you will still end up in nt.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:01 AM   #55
Arch-Supremacy Member

For your information, I am an Adult Trainer for my secondary scope of work with Trainer qualifications. And stop talking nonsense just for the sake of argument.

you totally do not understand the concept of progressively learning.

i have a better suggestion. they should teach you calculus when you are in pri one. you would totally picked up everything and pass you o level a maths you are in pri 2.

they should also teach you differential equations at pri3. you would be getting your a level at pri4.

you can start you uni education at p5 and get you degree at p6.

you xiao is it?
Old 11-01-2019, 03:13 PM   #56
Honorary Member

dork32 So much win

Last edited by tecnica; 11-01-2019 at 03:17 PM..
tecnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:48 AM   #57

Aiyo what’s with all the fuss here?
Fighting with education? There’s nothing fight about...
Maths or physics whatsoever... in the end its still a knowledge... i always use practical theory when it comes to dealing with solutions...Excessive theory will never work all the time..
simon_84 likes this.
Idme231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.