Poly Dropout entering Poly for the 2nd time

dinglit

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anybody here knows or have personally re-entered a diploma course in a local polytechnic through DAE? Especially so for people who were initially dismissed from their course of study previously.

I have a strong desire to study for a local diploma once again after my ORD in 2 months and was previously dismissed from my course for failing a repeated module. Back in the day due to financial concerns, I had to pick up a part-time job on my end. I made the mistake of not prioritizing my time properly thus getting removed from my course. I believed thru my NS days, I learned alot and financially I am more stable thus I am willing to try for a diploma course again.

FadedBoy

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anybody here knows or have personally re-entered a diploma course in a local polytechnic through DAE? Especially so for people who were initially dismissed from their course of study previously.

I have a strong desire to study for a local diploma once again after my ORD in 2 months and was previously dismissed from my course for failing a repeated module. Back in the day due to financial concerns, I had to pick up a part-time job on my end. I made the mistake of not prioritizing my time properly thus getting removed from my course. I believed thru my NS days, I learned alot and financially I am more stable thus I am willing to try for a diploma course again.

I'm not sure to be honest. Previously i withdrew from SP after realising the course was a **** hole. 3 years later, i kinda regretted to a certain extent because i was halfway through the diploma course and could have picked up something pertinent from the course that could be transferable to the working world. During my NS days, i tried to apply for NP/TP but could not get in through DAE.. sigh. Last resort i went overseas to do my Pre-U and came back to study at SIM ultimately. (b'cos i didn't do international A levels, otherwise i sure try my luck to apply for NUS/NTU haha)

Always plan out contingency plans should you fail to get in to local poly. Neighbouring countries such as malaysia offer Cambridge A levels, australian year 12 etc if you are keen. Otherwise, might wanna consider SIM diploma routes.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.