Seriously. anyone entered uni from a local poly? can post results?

Debbie_zzzz

Reaction score
I just graduated from NYP this year! Received offers from NUS and NTU! Seems like local unis are taking in more poly students as the years go by :)

EccentricIridium

Reaction score
Entered into NUS Mech Eng with 3.7 from NYP. Studied Precision Eng. Phew, thought I was never getting in after looking at the score of the bottom 10th percentile.:o

WaiEff

Reaction score
Anyone got into sit with 2.98 gpa? I'm aiming for mechanical engineering or anything that's related.

JohnsonMak

Banned
Reaction score
Just heard from news yesterday, Wong Y K claim now lower down poly standards, and even claim Local uni will offer more seats for Poly grad.

To me is really face palm. No matter what for those really want to get into local uni best and always go JC route if you can. From Poly route go Local Uni is possible but do note not simple as you think and stop listen to your poly lectures B S around . To them is a job they work for so will marketing it very good why poly is good etc.

merylim01

Reaction score
Has anyone entered LASALLE with a non-arts related diploma?

Hello,

I am a fresh poly grad who is interested to apply for design comm at LASALLE but i do not have any background in art/design so I was wondering if anybody can share their experiences studying in LASALLE?

Is the degree programme too 'advanced' for people like me without art/design experience to follow? Do they teach the basics in their degree programmes and is it rare to have people who do not have art background to be admitted?

Thanks~

kiwi422926

Reaction score
Hello ! I’m not Singaporean and not even a PR
currently studying in NP aerospace electronics yr3 with CGPA 3.70
Possible to enter NTU EEE with no CCA record all that, but only GPA ?

Jacob Gan

Reaction score
Hello ! I’m not Singaporean and not even a PR
currently studying in NP aerospace electronics yr3 with CGPA 3.70
Possible to enter NTU EEE with no CCA record all that, but only GPA ?

My short advice is "Apply to NTU EEE" if you are so set on NTU EEE. My question is why limit yourself to only NTU EEE? There are a few other universities in Singapore that offer EEE programmes, and there are other degree programmes that may suit your interests. I suggest you seek advice from the relevant further studies advisors in NP.

At the same time, even after being admitted into a degree programme, please be advised that a polytechnic diploma alone is not a sufficient preparation for university studies. You may want to read "Why the Need to Prepare for University Studies?" in eprepcourses-sg.online for the reasons.

All the best to you!

Last edited:

rayzhon

Master Member
Reaction score
I applied and got accepted into NUS with 3.86 in 2010, matriculated in 2011. This year the course I entered requires above 3.9 GPA to get in. Still in NUS in 2020, still studying :s13:

fantastyy

Reaction score
woahh yeaa recently the gpa requirement drop alot compared to previous years one. But my gpa still cannot reach the requirements mannn!! Im bummed out

kiwi422926

Reaction score
My short advice is "Apply to NTU EEE" if you are so set on NTU EEE. My question is why limit yourself to only NTU EEE? There are a few other universities in Singapore that offer EEE programmes, and there are other degree programmes that may suit your interests. I suggest you seek advice from the relevant further studies advisors in NP.

At the same time, even after being admitted into a degree programme, please be advised that a polytechnic diploma alone is not a sufficient preparation for university studies. You may want to read "Why the Need to Prepare for University Studies?" in eprepcourses-sg.online for the reasons.

All the best to you!

Hello Sir,
The reasons why I set on NTU EEE are as such:
1. Compare to most of the local student, my age is relatively old (21 by the time I graduate from poly). So I’m quite sure what I want to do in the future.

2. Realistically, I know for international student, it is relatively hard to enter local uni even though we meet the IGP ( I know it does not represent anything, but just take it as a reference) and I know most probably for my lousy gpa, I can only go to NTU eee since the course has more intake per year. As what I know both NUS and NTU only take in around 20% of foreigner and I know by the time I graduate, my gpa will be like around 3.6-3.7 there which is not good enough. So I think NTU EEE or NUS EE are two of the most suitable degrees for me since I also like it.

If possible, can advice me on other local uni offering eee program ? and do you think with 3.65 gpa, is it possible for me to enter NTU EEE as an international student ?

Hope to get your reply even though a bit too late :)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.