www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Diploma Programs and Courses (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/diploma-programs-courses-67/)
-   -   Struggling with life & part-time diploma course. (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/diploma-programs-courses-67/struggling-life-part-time-diploma-course-5927513.html)

TheMessyHelmi 29-10-2018 11:19 PM

Struggling with life & part-time diploma course.

Hi,

I'm a part time diploma student at a local polytechnic. On my 2nd semester now and i feel kinda depressed and clueless.

I'm barely absorbing things.My motivation to study and do well but somehow felt naturally things don't turn out the way wanted it to be. Tried to study,revise and when looking at the contents i just don't know lost i guess?.

During lessons, i don't really talk to my classmates because i don't want to be like a burden and disrupt their time.

Recently, for the past few lessons. I just couldn't do the things to do even basic level. Did try to attempt at my best. Guess my best was not good enough to me. All of my classmates were way ahead of me and by time i got to just learn one little thing. Most of them had covered what was assigned to do in class that day.

I felt so demoralized, so stupid. Keep telling myself everyday "Hey,i can do it come on just push it through". In reality, i'm clueless and can't do anything right. Like i'm doomed for failure. I don't want to drop out of this course because i really want to graduate with a diploma so badly.

Please help.

Kyoji83 29-10-2018 11:39 PM

If you want to pass, open your golden mouth and ask what you do not know from lecturer or classmates.

If needed, be ah beng and rob the 'training set' during lab so that you have more time to learn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMessyHelmi (Post 117306069)
Hi,

I'm a part time diploma student at a local polytechnic. On my 2nd semester now and i feel kinda depressed and clueless.

I'm barely absorbing things.My motivation to study and do well but somehow felt naturally things don't turn out the way wanted it to be. Tried to study,revise and when looking at the contents i just don't know lost i guess?.

During lessons, i don't really talk to my classmates because i don't want to be like a burden and disrupt their time.

Recently, for the past few lessons. I just couldn't do the things to do even basic level. Did try to attempt at my best. Guess my best was not good enough to me. All of my classmates were way ahead of me and by time i got to just learn one little thing. Most of them had covered what was assigned to do in class that day.

I felt so demoralized, so stupid. Keep telling myself everyday "Hey,i can do it come on just push it through". In reality, i'm clueless and can't do anything right. Like i'm doomed for failure. I don't want to drop out of this course because i really want to graduate with a diploma so badly.

Please help.

feigningfancy 30-10-2018 03:19 AM

maybe if u start talking to ur classmates it will help alot in ur situation.

grapewall 30-10-2018 03:06 PM

There is peer tutoring available. Or bug the lecturers. Or if really that bad, look for tuition. Do whatever you can to pass.

Idme231 30-10-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Hi,

Please help.

Welcome to diploma. You are supposed to get out of your comfort zone and speak out whenever help is needed. Itís not about being alone already but teamwork and communication is an absolute. Keeping quiet doesnít help.

tecnica 30-10-2018 10:11 PM

Mind share from which poly and what course?

flee0308 05-11-2018 02:28 AM

Use khanacademy if lecturer cmi.

heymee 05-11-2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Hi,

Please help.

Thank you for being so brave for sharing what you are going through... To me I fully understand what you are going through juggling a full time job and a part time studies...don't give up...
By upgrading your skills through a Diploma studies ...you already deserve an applaud...

I am sure you will agreed with me when one day you look back what you are now going through is worth...it will give you a better career and better life...

I remember myself struggling too....I had to rush for my night classes...finishing the classes almost 11pm....then still I have to finish my homework...I always slept in from of my computer...
next morning I need to reach the Office by 8am...:s22:

You have already set a goal to obtain a Diploma ...so don't give up...

harky 18-11-2018 07:30 PM

most ppl dont really talk in class for part-time diploma course :/
they are most adult worker

just make sure u talk during project since u all need to work together for project.

simon_84 19-11-2018 03:28 PM

I barely made it during my poly days as a full time student due to no interest in computer engineering.
imagine poly GPA vs uni GPA, 2.17 vs 2.79, sometimes I wonder how did I even managed to graduate with a degree.

try to clarify with the lecturer during break time and after the lesson.
cause that's what I did during my part time uni days.

hhhhx2 04-12-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Hi,

Please help.

Hi im sorry but may i know how to get into part time sp poly?

Idme231 04-12-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhhhx2 (Post 117939723)
Hi im sorry but may i know how to get into part time sp poly?

Nitec score minimum 2.0 (i think) with 2 year working experience.
Higher Nitec with 1 year working experience. In a related field.

Within three years of graduation or Operationally Ready Date for National Servicemen

For more info : www.skillsfuture.sg/learnandearn

hungryheartz 07-12-2018 05:03 PM

Poly is one of the best time of my life.

But i reckon part-time is different. Do you like what you are studying? If not, what makes you think you will like to work that for the next 40 years?

May be a good indication to find your real interest.

TheMessyHelmi 17-01-2019 10:29 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your thoughts and feedbacks. I appreciate your comments.

To update, I'm been coping fairly well in school but i still have that anxiety like in social situations.

Like it just comes out of nowhere and i couldn't really talk to people like my tongue is "stuck" at the back of my throat or something.

I don't know maybe I'm stuck and really feel uncomfortable talking with more than even 2 people around. My mind is like im in another dimension or something but to it, trying to adapt but hey that is not how life is supposed to be right?

Anyways, this thing has been in me like since from the beginning. Idk how to combat it, tbh.