HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Struggling with life & part-time diploma course.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2018, 11:19 PM   #1

Struggling with life & part-time diploma course.

Hi,

I'm a part time diploma student at a local polytechnic. On my 2nd semester now and i feel kinda depressed and clueless.

I'm barely absorbing things.My motivation to study and do well but somehow felt naturally things don't turn out the way wanted it to be. Tried to study,revise and when looking at the contents i just don't know lost i guess?.

During lessons, i don't really talk to my classmates because i don't want to be like a burden and disrupt their time.

Recently, for the past few lessons. I just couldn't do the things to do even basic level. Did try to attempt at my best. Guess my best was not good enough to me. All of my classmates were way ahead of me and by time i got to just learn one little thing. Most of them had covered what was assigned to do in class that day.

I felt so demoralized, so stupid. Keep telling myself everyday "Hey,i can do it come on just push it through". In reality, i'm clueless and can't do anything right. Like i'm doomed for failure. I don't want to drop out of this course because i really want to graduate with a diploma so badly.

Please help.

Last edited by TheMessyHelmi; 29-10-2018 at 11:27 PM..
TheMessyHelmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 11:39 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you want to pass, open your golden mouth and ask what you do not know from lecturer or classmates.

If needed, be ah beng and rob the 'training set' during lab so that you have more time to learn.

Hi,

I'm a part time diploma student at a local polytechnic. On my 2nd semester now and i feel kinda depressed and clueless.

I'm barely absorbing things.My motivation to study and do well but somehow felt naturally things don't turn out the way wanted it to be. Tried to study,revise and when looking at the contents i just don't know lost i guess?.

During lessons, i don't really talk to my classmates because i don't want to be like a burden and disrupt their time.

Recently, for the past few lessons. I just couldn't do the things to do even basic level. Did try to attempt at my best. Guess my best was not good enough to me. All of my classmates were way ahead of me and by time i got to just learn one little thing. Most of them had covered what was assigned to do in class that day.

I felt so demoralized, so stupid. Keep telling myself everyday "Hey,i can do it come on just push it through". In reality, i'm clueless and can't do anything right. Like i'm doomed for failure. I don't want to drop out of this course because i really want to graduate with a diploma so badly.

Please help.
Old 30-10-2018, 03:19 AM   #3

maybe if u start talking to ur classmates it will help alot in ur situation.
feigningfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #4

There is peer tutoring available. Or bug the lecturers. Or if really that bad, look for tuition. Do whatever you can to pass.
grapewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #5

Hi,

Please help.
Welcome to diploma. You are supposed to get out of your comfort zone and speak out whenever help is needed. Itís not about being alone already but teamwork and communication is an absolute. Keeping quiet doesnít help.
Idme231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #6
Honorary Member

Mind share from which poly and what course?
tecnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:28 AM   #7

Use khanacademy if lecturer cmi.
flee0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #8
Supremacy Member

Hi,

Please help.
Thank you for being so brave for sharing what you are going through... To me I fully understand what you are going through juggling a full time job and a part time studies...don't give up...
By upgrading your skills through a Diploma studies ...you already deserve an applaud...

I am sure you will agreed with me when one day you look back what you are now going through is worth...it will give you a better career and better life...

I remember myself struggling too....I had to rush for my night classes...finishing the classes almost 11pm....then still I have to finish my homework...I always slept in from of my computer...
next morning I need to reach the Office by 8am...

You have already set a goal to obtain a Diploma ...so don't give up...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.