HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[30's BBFA] Advice: Date a 5/10 local 28 y.o. jiejie now or wait till 35? FT Bride? FA better?

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2018, 01:17 AM   #1

Question [30's BBFA] Advice: Date a 5/10 local 28 y.o. jiejie now or wait till 35? FT Bride? FA better?

I am just an average BBFA, the only physical advantage I have is that I've some height @1.77m. My other stats...

Income: ~$100k/year (including bonus)
Assets: No HDB, no car. Enough $$ to tank both myself (with housing loan).
New job: Relaxed office hours, little OT. But maybe not much room for promotion locally etc.
Current goals: Try to go run ~4 times a week to slim down a little. Save 50-70% of my income each year. Learn more about HDB markets so I can buy a resale HDB once I turn 35. Thinking about moving back overseas someday? The main pro for moving overseas is that my pay will likely be higher and cost of living lower than Sg.
Dream partner: Someone with minimum 7/10 appearance. If she's significantly younger (5+ years), I don't care about her income, just don't come with crazy debt or high spending habits. Can enjoy married life for ~2 years before having kids. Works a relaxing job or housewife to take care of kids and me. If similar age then I expect similar income/wealth/working hours.

'Old Female Acquaintances'
I realize that alot of my 'old female acquaintances' that are aged 28-30 are coming to talk to me nowadays. To be honest they are 6-7/10 and still look cute to me. Usually we just smile and talk random boring stuff etc. but I secretly feel 'bitter' inside when I meet them. This is because, when I was younger and not overweight (e.g. NS/Uni times), these girls rejected me and don't even want to be friends. Nowadays then come and say stuff like 'hey text me when you're free!' after ignoring me for years. Another 'issue' is that I notice that these acquaintances have practically no savings and their income is a quite average 3-5k. Not sure why they are attracted to the buibui older me when they rejected me when I was so much 'better' in the past.

Random people
Maybe it's because I don't show off to strangers by wearing expensive stuff. Or that my 'job title' sounds crappy. But I find it hard to meet random strangers online. Usually 26-28 but with looks 5/10 at best. Plus their career isn't at the same level as mine. Basically I feel that if looks 5/10, but she's same career level and working hours, I can still consider. But most people I meet with above average salary work damn hard, and I seem to have trouble attracting strangers with better than 5/10 looks.

XMM colleagues
Actually the people that treat me best are these average XMM early-20's colleagues in my company. Not even from my department, so I'm in no position to help them in career. In fact they help me get my work done better than those older senior aunties. Their appearance is those 5-6/10 types, but because their are so young, can +1 points to their appearance easily? They comment that I look younger and in 20's but must be bluffing me right? Very innocent, one XMM actually blushed when I smile at her and tell her she did a good job. Sigh.

FT Bride
One of my relatives married a FT bride. Young and maybe 6/10 in appearance. Not sure if she's from matchmaker but his annual income is only ~40k and they managed to stay married for 3+ years with one kid. She even works and brings home a small income ~24k? His wife doesn't look that happy, but the marriage seems to be working so far. With a better salary, perhaps I can find someone better? Or maybe I can rely on an introduction from one of my married viet friends?

FA thoughts
I smile and act nice to most people but I'm quite 'bitter' inside. My 20's were hardship years which spent mostly alone after being rejected or dumped by gfs and I focused on building up my career. Hence, now I view every 'friendly' girl in late-20's with 'suspicion'. I'm also worried that a 28-30's girl will want to hurry things and pop out kids quickly, alternatively if wait till mid-30's she might encounter fertility issues. I didn't get much chance to 'play around' until late-20's and I'm not sure if I want to give up this freedom, unless I can settle down with someone who at least makes my life 'better'. The biggest advantage of FA, is that I can just pack all my life's stuff into 3-4 suitcases and work anywhere around the world (a small dream of mine). My best 'revenge' this month was to accidentally bump into this AMDK loving auntie 'old acquaintance' while chatting with two of my XMM colleagues. That forced smile on her face and half-hearted wave was priceless.

Sigh, did I mess up somewhere along the years? What will you do in my position?
zeozoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:22 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am just an average BBFA, the only physical advantage I have is that I've some height @1.77m. My other stats...

New job: Relaxed office hours, little OT. But maybe not much room for promotion locally etc.
Current goals: Try to go run ~4 times a week to slim down a little. Save 50-70% of my income each year. Learn more about HDB markets so I can buy a resale HDB once I turn 35. Thinking about moving back overseas someday? The main pro for moving overseas is that my pay will likely be higher and cost of living lower than Sg.
Dream partner: Someone with minimum 7/10 appearance. If she's significantly younger (5+ years), I don't care about her income, just don't come with crazy debt or high spending habits. Can enjoy married life for ~2 years before having kids. Works a relaxing job or housewife to take care of kids and me. If similar age then I expect similar income/wealth/working hours.

I realize that alot of my 'old female acquaintances' that are aged 28-30 are coming to talk to me nowadays. To be honest they are 6-7/10 and still look cute to me. Usually we just smile and talk random boring stuff etc. but I secretly feel 'bitter' inside when I meet them. This is because, when I was younger and not overweight (e.g. NS/Uni times), these girls rejected me and don't even want to be friends. Nowadays then come and say stuff like 'hey text me when you're free!' after ignoring me for years. Another 'issue' is that I notice that these acquaintances have practically no savings and their income is a quite average 3-5k. Not sure why they are attracted to the buibui older me when they rejected me when I was so much 'better' in the past.

simple, early 20s they look for pretty boys
after that as they mature, resources and security is more important, it's only natural

wad job u work so satki 100k
Old 01-10-2018, 01:24 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

Moi has been visiting vietbu agency for some time but no luck.
Maybe moi incum not high enuff.
slumkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:30 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...09763-100.html

this thread for u
Old 01-10-2018, 01:30 AM   #5

do you know how much income vietbu expect?
actually I have a few friends who settle down with 5-7/10 looking vietbu, the guys don't earn high salary and looks are similar to mine but vietbu still seem to like them! Just that communication have some issues.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:31 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

now ATB also hiam sg? why all choose vietbu?
my eligible 29yo officer fren also go vietbu i really dunno wads going on...
Old 01-10-2018, 01:31 AM   #7

simple, early 20s they look for pretty boys
after that as they mature, resources and security is more important, it's only natural

wad job u work so satki 100k
But I was a much more 'pretty boy' when in my Uni days.
When I show my colleagues my 20's photos, most people are shocked. Nowadays my goal is to focus less on career and more on exercising to improve looks.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:35 AM   #8

now ATB also hiam us? why all choose vietbu?
my eligible 29yo officer fren also go vietbu i really dunno wads going on...
I've dated several ATB over the years and I feel that I cannot 'fit' with their thinking. Cos they are all 1-child family, so they usually come with alot of burden to care for parents and they usually prefer to work long hours etc. One ATB actually go buy breakfast from e.g. Starbucks and bring back to my apartment for me instead of cooking. So I don't like her. Maybe I'm just fussy?
Old 01-10-2018, 02:15 AM   #9
Supremacy Member

Don't bother about those local leftovers, they will expire on the shelf forever once they past 30 years old. Attitude problem, princess, ugly, no breasts.

Sent from IPhone XXX using GAGT
m/mink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:34 AM   #10
High Supremacy Member

Old 01-10-2018, 02:40 AM   #11
High Supremacy Member

Old 01-10-2018, 02:47 AM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Random people
Maybe it's because I don't show off to strangers by wearing expensive stuff. Or that my 'job title' sounds crappy. But I find it hard to meet random strangers online. Usually 26-28 but with looks 5/10 at best. Plus their career isn't at the same level as mine. Basically I feel that if looks 5/10, but she's same career level and working hours, I can still consider. But most people I meet with above average salary work damn hard, and I seem to have trouble attracting strangers with better than 5/10 looks.

XMM colleagues
Actually the people that treat me best are these average XMM early-20's colleagues in my company. Not even from my department, so I'm in no position to help them in career. In fact they help me get my work done better than those older senior aunties. Their appearance is those 5-6/10 types, but because their are so young, can +1 points to their appearance easily? They comment that I look younger and in 20's but must be bluffing me right? Very innocent, one XMM actually blushed when I smile at her and tell her she did a good job. Sigh.

FT Bride
One of my relatives married a FT bride. Young and maybe 6/10 in appearance. Not sure if she's from matchmaker but his annual income is only ~40k and they managed to stay married for 3+ years with one kid. She even works and brings home a small income ~24k? His wife doesn't look that happy, but the marriage seems to be working so far. With a better salary, perhaps I can find someone better? Or maybe I can rely on an introduction from one of my married viet friends?

FA thoughts
I smile and act nice to most people but I'm quite 'bitter' inside. My 20's were hardship years which spent mostly alone after being rejected or dumped by gfs and I focused on building up my career. Hence, now I view every 'friendly' girl in late-20's with 'suspicion'. I'm also worried that a 28-30's girl will want to hurry things and pop out kids quickly, alternatively if wait till mid-30's she might encounter fertility issues. I didn't get much chance to 'play around' until late-20's and I'm not sure if I want to give up this freedom, unless I can settle down with someone who at least makes my life 'better'. The biggest advantage of FA, is that I can just pack all my life's stuff into 3-4 suitcases and work anywhere around the world (a small dream of mine). My best 'revenge' this month was to accidentally bump into this AMDK loving auntie 'old acquaintance' while chatting with two of my XMM colleagues. That forced smile on her face and half-hearted wave was priceless.

Sigh, did I mess up somewhere along the years? What will you do in my position?

sounds to me you are a very unlikable person.

improve upon that first. especially how you like to focus on money and ego. admit it.

the rest like money and career are useless if the person is hated.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:18 AM   #13
High Supremacy Member

100k pa income not bad liao...
Go try those dating apps. For most of them, you are already a good catch, meaning no $ issues. Unless you look damn ugly or have damn jialat personality, it won't be tough to date and see who can match.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:39 AM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

TS your wot i only read the first half.

Those previously reject u ones, now want to eat your return head grass, why u even bother to entertain them?

I will also strongly discourage u from tackling co workers, unless your coy is farking huge not small smc where u and the girl work very closely.

And i highly doubt u need to resort to buying vb wife.

Looking at your income and debt free life, you should be able to easily hook a girl from social settings.

Apps is a good option, but wouldnt bet too much on it personally
lifetolifeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:20 AM   #15
Banned

Ts too fussy and stupid.

You hiam the girls they also hiam you
acidman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.