HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Civil Servants liplai] If your boss tells u that ur CEP has increased, means what?

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2018, 07:08 AM   #76
Master Member

ya but you see the irony here? perform average but likely to have a higher rank than person A who is performing well?

shouldn't performance be linked to potential? dn tell me just because you have huge potential you could afford to slack off, not perform and get a higher rank. where is the logic in this?
you don't judge people of different CEP against one another. you judge people of the same CEP against each other.. so someone with a high CEP judged against another high CEP and you assess them that way. if someone of a lower CEP is really performing so well, then the question is whether to consider raising their CEP. but just because you perform well at a particular job doesn't mean you will perform well as that job's boss.
KnyghtRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:09 AM   #77
Master Member

ya which brings back the point that good performances should ultimately have a factor on your CEP. in fact, performance and potential should be interlinked. Persistent good performances should mean a high potential in an individual which leads to a higher CEP.
it does. that's how CEPs get raised.
Old 14-02-2018, 07:10 AM   #78
Supremacy Member

Don't be too happy though. Most people's CEP is grade 11 or 11A.. Not that high.
I am civil servant. My CEP is very high, by boss told me he increased it from 11A to 13A.
furryballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:12 AM   #79
Master Member

I am civil servant. My CEP is very high, by boss told me he increased it from 11A to 13A.
hahahahaha. good one. hopefully it doesn't keep 'increasing'
Old 14-02-2018, 07:14 AM   #80
Banned

it does. that's how CEPs get raised.
u seem to have first hand knowledge. do u work in HR?
santa_edmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:16 AM   #81
Banned

Means ur rank/ appt cap has gone up one tier lor
Rainowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:17 AM   #82
Banned

hahahahaha. good one. hopefully it doesn't keep 'increasing'
pls sexpose govt info thank u
Rainowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:31 AM   #83
Greater Supremacy Member

Gong jiaoway lah
Means you get more work lor

Give u manager in name but engineer pay lor
cleffa3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:42 AM   #84
Arch-Supremacy Member

performance and potential are 2 diff things.

u can have person A with lower CEP, performing well and get good performance grade.

Person B performs averagely but has higher CEP.

Person B gets promoted faster.
that's what he is pointing out. CEP is crap
FT PRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 07:50 AM   #85
Arch-Supremacy Member

The correct term is current estimate potential but most of us know it as career end point.

Sadly, itís usually what we call as the glass ceiling and usually in civil service, the likely possibility of cep chang is only when your education level changes.

The fact is that if you are a scholar and on admin track, you will be moving very fast. But I have also seen president scholars who ended up out of the AO track due to poor performance.
JivBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:14 AM   #86
Master Member

If you can ace gre comprehension, your cep is unlikely to be too low.
SGuy1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 01:45 PM   #87
Banned

that's what he is pointing out. CEP is crap
CEP is controversial.
Old 14-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #88
High Supremacy Member

CEP and performance are two different things, you know..
Old 14-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #89
Banned

CEP and performance are two different things, you know..
can u dun repeat whatever i have just said. sigh
Old 14-02-2018, 04:42 PM   #90
Supremacy Member

ya which brings back the point that good performances should ultimately have a factor on your CEP. in fact, performance and potential should be interlinked. Persistent good performances should mean a high potential in an individual which leads to a higher CEP.
i see it differently. a solid good worker at a certain function doesnt mean he have the qualities to perform a higher level role.

worker A (graded A) may be be outstanding in day to day operations and go beyong his call of duties, gives a lot of effort in his ECAs, join all the rojak committee and company events.

worker B (graded B) may be just an above average worker who still does his work well on day to day operations, dont join any ECA.

however when suddenly on a rare occasion, **** hits the fan and worker B step up and took lead and produced good result. worker A still does his role well but no clear indication of leadership.

a good boss will be able to spot the potential of worker B, at the same time reward worker A with a A grade for his performance and efforts. and this is in line with how most department supervisors fight for CEP raise for his kar kias, using examples of leadership qualities. maybe not all department practise it this way, but at least thats how it is done in all those i've been to and fought for.

Sent from IMH using GAGT
ricoreload is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.