[GPGT] ANTS problem? Sic most effective ant bait i ever used...

tlkchew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like to eat at my computer desk except mcchicken. got alot of ants, the usual stuff that you can get doesn't work at all.

until i bought this at Meidi-ya supermarket at liang court.

One drop and they all disappeared within ONE day, not exaggerating here.

$7 plus, a bit ex but a small bottle but totally worth it.

Product_37295_111366932_fullsize.jpg

Problem is mind crawl along the middle of the wall cannot put the power then cannot find the main ant nesting hole.

follow the trail then disappeared.

panda_hippo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which Giant?? i went to IMM de don't hv leh?

can tell me?
It's at IMM. I bought the last bottle about a month ago.

But I have to warn you that the Giants staff weren't very helpful at all. Everyone of them seem to prefer doing their own work than to assist customers.

tlkchew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are targeting those tiny little ants which tends to attack the crumbs bits of left over food on the table or on the floor. This is the answer. Don't bother with the cheap $2 granular baits or the more expensive Combat baits, tried them all failed.

yah the 2$ granular baits the ants not even interested... literally have to dunk a few in them and they quickly run out back to nest.
but still dont work.. wasted my money..

panda_hippo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my house also got antz prob lor..
and the most strange part is..its in the bathroom...duno y
its like nobody eat in the bathroom lei, i duno y are they so interesting in my bathroom..near basin area there..:s22::s22::s22:
Ants also need to drink water. It's very common.

rtfm38

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Problem is mind crawl along the middle of the wall cannot put the power then cannot find the main ant nesting hole.

it comes in liquid form, you don't have to hunt down their nest, just put a few drops along or near their trail, they will bring the poison back to their nest and kill their mother, all their brothers and sisters gao gao.

tlkchew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it comes in liquid form, you don't have to hunt down their nest, just put a few drops along or near their trail, they will bring the poison back to their nest and kill their mother, all their brothers and sisters gao gao.

ok will hunt the ant bait... lets hope can find.

panda_hippo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Then put the bait as close as possible to the end of the trail loh. May not be an ideal position but as long as the ants can bring the bait back to the colony without dying,it's good enough. The poison content (borax) is quite slow reacting,so it shouldn't be an issue.

kaledia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
knn my neighbour is kan pua jibye. Put all his cardboards outside our window corridor and dono wad else he put all the ants started to come in. Wanna buy poison they all gone. So hard to locate.

Best part is talking to the neighbour is a waste of my time because he is a siao lang.

crazyliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's at IMM. I bought the last bottle about a month ago.

But I have to warn you that the Giants staff weren't very helpful at all. Everyone of them seem to prefer doing their own work than to assist customers.

Thanks, will try again maybe this weekend.

went to vivo Giant and can't find also. haiz.

ya, Giants staff is like that de, so didn't bother to ask them and search myself.:s13:

panda_hippo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, will try again maybe this weekend.

went to vivo Giant and can't find also. haiz.

ya, Giants staff is like that de, so didn't bother to ask them and search myself.:s13:
I asked the staff for the price of the ant bait,because it wasn't indicated. The staff smoke me and say:"This one should be $2."

Then when I brought it to the cashier,it's $7. Sibei behkan staff.

panda_hippo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
knn my neighbour is kan pua jibye. Put all his cardboards outside our window corridor and dono wad else he put all the ants started to come in. Wanna buy poison they all gone. So hard to locate.

Best part is talking to the neighbour is a waste of my time because he is a siao lang.
Contact SCDF and complain that your neighbour's cardboard is fire hazard.

:(

Dravothrak

Master Member
Reaction score
Then put the bait as close as possible to the end of the trail loh. May not be an ideal position but as long as the ants can bring the bait back to the colony without dying,it's good enough. The poison content (borax) is quite slow reacting,so it shouldn't be an issue.

Borax!! No wonder so effective! I've been reading up abt it, and wanted to make my own bait, but found out that borax in its raw form is not sold in sg. Tried the molass/yeast/sugar method, didnt seem to work so well, ended up feeding them instead hahaha

panda_hippo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Borax!! No wonder so effective! I've been reading up abt it, and wanted to make my own bait, but found out that borax in its raw form is not sold in sg. Tried the molass/yeast/sugar method, didnt seem to work so well, ended up feeding them instead hahaha
Use borax + meat,it has high rate of success. But I prefer to buy the baits off shelves. :s13:

Borax is abrasive to ant's exoskeleton,so after they consume borax,it will start to grind away at their exoskeleton. Too much borax will kill the ants before they can take it back to the colony.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.