[GPGT] durian season is here again

soarer

Banned
Reaction score
Haha, u jus wanna be right aren't u?

I ate a bit cause waiting to share and showed the seed of tht a bit I ate
I am just be frank. The msw you bought is not even riped evenly. Some parts of it are not soft. The color of your msw is not deep enough. Only johor cat are like that. Yours are not only johor cat but young trees johor cat. Grafted trees producing fruits with only 20 to 30% of what it actually taste like. Yours got fire seeds somemore. The arils at the back(left and right) is not fit for consumption. I would had downright rejected this fruit. You dont even know what you are buying. You probably have not tried top form msw. It's beyond your understanding.

Sent from Istana using GAGT

Synchroniza

Reaction score
Don't get the diff types of durian. Last time I only know msw the best.

Now suddenly have black gold, old tree msw, msw from johor or muar or pahang. Bentong msw. So all is msw species? Price also diff by alot per kg sian

Any durian sex pert can share

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
MSW

42219233155_87dc56fa42_b.jpg

u let jhk earn like crazy.

i wont be so stupid.

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Malaysia still selling to us? i thought all go to China already :o

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
I am just be frank. The msw you bought is not even riped evenly. Some parts of it are not soft. The color of your msw is not deep enough. Only johor cat are like that. Yours are not only johor cat but young trees johor cat. Grafted trees producing fruits with only 20 to 30% of what it actually taste like. Yours got fire seeds somemore. The arils at the back(left and right) is not fit for consumption. I would had downright rejected this fruit. You dont even know what you are buying. You probably have not tried top form msw. It's beyond your understanding.

u so clever post your so-called better durian lah

show off but nothing to prove :s13:

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

so y not tell us wat to look out for instead of firing at me to tell me what bad choices i made?

u let jhk earn like crazy.

i wont be so stupid.

so u dnt eat durian?

soarer

Banned
Reaction score
so y not tell us wat to look out for instead of firing at me to tell me what bad choices i made?

so u dnt eat durian?
x7IrjdXl.jpg

Firstly when you talk about msw, you're talking about old trees msw. Only fruits from old trees can unlease the potential of this cultivar. We're talking about trees which are more than 20 yrs old. Old trees will give you wrinklish flesh which has a serious impact on bitterness.

The color of it must be deep yellow. As deep as possible and this is from effect of fertilizer + sunlight. This will have a serious impact on flavouring.

Unfortunately up to 70% of the msw trees in Malaysia are grafted and has an age of lesser than 10 yrs old. Especially those in johor.

I am only scratching the surface here btw.

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pls share more

x7IrjdXl.jpg

Firstly when you talk about msw, you're talking about old trees msw. Only fruits from old trees can unlease the potential of this cultivar. We're talking about trees which are more than 20 yrs old. Old trees will give you wrinklish flesh which has a serious impact on bitterness.

The color of it must be deep yellow. As deep as possible and this is from effect of fertilizer + sunlight. This will have a serious impact on flavouring.

Unfortunately up to 70% of the msw trees in Malaysia are grafted and has an age of lesser than 10 yrs old. Especially those in johor.

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
x7IrjdXl.jpg

Ok, go deeper if u can, I'm wld like to knw

Does this apply to MSW only? I kind of like this species called tekka

soarer

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, go deeper if u can, I'm wld like to knw

Does this apply to MSW only? I kind of like this species called tekka
Pls share more

Eating durian is about timing. From the time a durian dropped, there is a window where the taste and flavour is at the optimum. After that flavour and taste will be on a decline, classified by stages which one may or may not like, depending on how wet or how soft you like your durian to be.

For that reason you can hardly eat a durian at its optimum flavour and taste in Singapore because there is a big difference from the time a durian dropped(and ready to eat) vs sitting crushed by other durians in lorry slowly shaking non stop for several hours(5 to 7 hours) to the shop. If you are looking for top notch kind, you have to go to the farm.

Msw(among all the cultivars) tend to suffer from uneven ripeness for the same reason. Because of the need to prolong its 'expiry date', farmers drop it on net or tie it to the branches. This is so the fruit does not hit the ground which starts the process of fermentation(ripening). But because of this method of harvesting, fruits don't really ripe naturally and it all depends on the sporadic factors such as the bumpiness on the lorry and heat..etc. This is reason for the 'sweet potato' texture which occurs frequently in msw.

Msw has to be from highland for 2 reasons : they get the sunlight(better flavour) and their roots dont get flooded(too much water affects the density of flesh) in case of raining. This is very easy to tell. Fruits which get healthy dose of sun(and preferable light from sunrise which means facing the east) will have thorns in deep brown or grey in color. Msw with green color thorns are to be avoided for that reason.

To be continued.

Last edited:

kuti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eating durian is about timing. From the time a durian dropped, there is a window where the taste and flavour is at the optimum. After that flavour and taste will be on a decline, classified by stages which one may or may not like, depending on how wet or how soft you like your durian to be.

For that reason you can hardly eat a durian at its optimum flavour and taste in Singapore because there is a big difference from the time a durian dropped(and ready to eat) vs sitting crushed by other durians in lorry slowly shaking non stop for several hours(5 to 7 hours) to the shop. If you are looking for top notch kind, you have to go to the farm.

Msw(among all the cultivars) tend to suffer from uneven ripeness for the same reason. Because of the need to prolong its 'expiry date', farmers drop it on net or tie it to the branches. This is so the fruit does not hit the ground which starts the process of fermentation(ripening). But because of this method of harvesting, fruits don't really ripe naturally and it all depends on the sporadic factors such as the bumpiness on the lorry and heat..etc. This is reason for the 'sweet potato' texture which occurs frequently in msw.

Msw has to be from highland for 2 reasons : they get the sunlight(better flavour) and their roots dont get flooded(too much water affects the density of flesh) in case of raining. This is very easy to tell. Fruits which get healthy dose of sun(and preferable light from sunrise which means facing the east) will have thorns in deep brown or grey in color. Msw with green color thorns are to be avoided for that reason.

To be continued.

I tot u sometimes cannon, but you really know your stuff in msw.

Bookmark for reading

Sent from Nokia 3310 using GAGT

Synchroniza

Reaction score

To be continued.

Wow thanks for sharing. Really durian sexpert.

Do you own a durian shop or you're just a durian connoisseur

kinderbuenojhj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sho many elite msw durian eaters here.

Moi dunno simi ah mao ah gou wang, only buy those neng-kor ($2) make kueh type or 3 box for $10 that kind.

:(:o

kuti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sho many elite msw durian eaters here.

Moi dunno simi ah mao ah gou wang, only buy those neng-kor ($2) make kueh type or 3 box for $10 that kind.

:(:o
Actually if u like the taste, the cost of the durian doesnt matter

Sent from Nokia 3310 using GAGT

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the sic... everytime i go buy durian feeling sceptical cos the ah beng say until got dragon got tiger... online also dont have such indepth knowledge...

To be continued.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.