Anything similar to buy?

Can recommend?
Redmi Note 5 is a good upgrade.
amazingone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 05:12 PM   #3409
Supremacy Member

Telco sets?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4A using GAGT
No difference between Telco and non-telco sets lol. Same Global ROM, no variants.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 05:13 PM   #3410
Supremacy Member

ah ok. cos the 5plus 3/32 version which hub is using now is really still quite lag when gaming. & always d/c from wifi despite having strong connection. all these are issues i dont face when using my ip7+. of cos iphone is a lot more stable but to use an iphone solely for gaming is really boh hua lol.

should've gotten the 4/64 from the start, but when i asked the salesman he claimed that the diff wasnt really big so i trusted him & got the 3/32 instead
Haha the SD625 GPU is damn old alr ma, expected lol.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 05:19 PM   #3411
Arch-Supremacy Member

Haha the SD625 GPU is damn old alr ma, expected lol.
i thought considered quite new cos the phone just released not long ago only
p_eppermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 05:22 PM   #3412
High Supremacy Member

yeah, agree it is too big to bring out daily. i was also considering mimax2 initially but decided against it cos of the size. wondering which is the best xm phone performance wise (little or no lag, overheating etc) for < $300 budget.

btw, i got a 5plus for my hubby who's using it primarily for games. interface wise is good, but a bit laggy esp as compared to my ip7+ thinking of getting another mimax2 for him & taking his 5plus to use instead. but again, the size is a turn off cos i'm afraid it won't fit well into his jeans/pants/berms pocket when he goes out.
impossible to have xiaomi for $300 little or without any lag. even more impossible for gaming. xiaomi 5plus and iphone 7+ price difference by how much you know ma? just a reminder that a mid-range phone isn't high end models, so you know what to expect. even some high end flagship also have occasional lag. same as can you expect a nissan car to vroom vrroom like rolls royce? must compare with the right model tier. xiaomi is for basic users that's why so cheap

frankly, if want excellent speed for gaming must buy iphone, their a11 bionic chip can fly through every game but expect to multiply the price of xiaomi by 5 or more

Last edited by WhiteAnt; 20-06-2018 at 05:25 PM..
WhiteAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #3413
Supremacy Member

get redmi note5/6 64gb version

yeah, agree it is too big to bring out daily. i was also considering mimax2 initially but decided against it cos of the size. wondering which is the best xm phone performance wise (little or no lag, overheating etc) for < $300 budget.

btw, i got a 5plus for my hubby who's using it primarily for games. interface wise is good, but a bit laggy esp as compared to my ip7+ thinking of getting another mimax2 for him & taking his 5plus to use instead. but again, the size is a turn off cos i'm afraid it won't fit well into his jeans/pants/berms pocket when he goes out.
hwbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 05:30 PM   #3414
Arch-Supremacy Member

impossible to have xiaomi for $300 little or without any lag. even more impossible for gaming. xiaomi 5plus and iphone 7+ price difference by how much you know ma? just a reminder that a mid-range phone isn't high end models, so you know what to expect. even some high end flagship also have occasional lag. same as can you expect a nissan car to vroom vrroom like rolls royce? must compare with the right model tier. xiaomi is for basic users that's why so cheap

frankly, if want excellent speed for gaming must buy iphone, their a11 bionic chip can fly through every game but expect to multiply the price of xiaomi by 5 or more
of cos i know abt price diff between iphone & xm, that's why i mentioned that it's boh hua to use an iphone solely for gaming

btw i have an ip7+ as work phone & ipx as main phone at the moment. was using ip6 before & hub is also using ip7+ for his main phone so we know how good iphone is lol. we use iphone for our main phones bcos of the heavy usage - him for work, me for both work & personal use. just that i dont want to spend so much for a phone that is used only for gaming lah so i wanna explore & find the best option i can get with a budget of +/- $300.
Old 20-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #3415
Arch-Supremacy Member

get redmi note5/6 64gb version
yup a few pros have shared with me that note5 6/64gb would be recommended, so i'm keeping an eye out for good deals is the redmi 6 out yet?
Old 20-06-2018, 05:38 PM   #3416
High Supremacy Member

of cos i know abt price diff between iphone & xm, that's why i mentioned that it's boh hua to use an iphone solely for gaming

btw i have an ip7+ as work phone & ipx as main phone at the moment. was using ip6 before & hub is also using ip7+ for his main phone so we know how good iphone is lol. we use iphone for our main phones bcos of the heavy usage - him for work, me for both work & personal use. just that i dont want to spend so much for a phone that is used only for gaming lah so i wanna explore & find the best option i can get with a budget of +/- $300.
use mid range phone to play games CANNOT have smooth gaming experience. you pay $300 you get $300 basic experience. the speed of xioami must also divided by 5 of iphone coz the price also divided by 5 or more. it's a fair trade. already emphasize if want excellent gaming experience then must use iphone, not android. gaming requires intensive raw power speed to have no lag! gaming has never been a cheap hobby too

that's why u don't see iphone coming out with low and mid range phones. all their phones are flagship models, even the cheapest 5c model last time also is the the most expensive phones in the market

Last edited by WhiteAnt; 20-06-2018 at 05:40 PM..
WhiteAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 05:44 PM   #3417
Arch-Supremacy Member

use mid range phone to play games CANNOT have smooth gaming experience. you pay $300 you get $300 basic experience. the speed of xioami must also divided by 5 of iphone coz the price also divided by 5 or more. it's a fair trade. already emphasize if want excellent gaming experience then must use iphone, not android. gaming requires intensive raw power speed to have no lag! gaming has never been a cheap hobby too

that's why u don't see iphone coming out with low and mid range phones. all their phones are flagship models, even the cheapest 5c model last time also is the the most expensive phones in the market
ok thanks for your advice, i dont need absolutely SMOOTH gaming experience (hub already has a PS4 at home to feed most of his gaming needs lol), but basically i'm looking for sth that gives me a bang for my buck lah. will try the suggestions previously recommended by other bros, thank you!
Old 20-06-2018, 05:50 PM   #3418
Supremacy Member

how about a samsung a9? good compromise for gaming.

Old 20-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #3419

i have 3 mi max . still can buy 3 more still same price as ipx
AprilChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 05:53 PM   #3420
Supremacy Member

nope, but soon! won’t be good enough for gaming though.

yup a few pros have shared with me that note5 6/64gb would be recommended, so i'm keeping an eye out for good deals is the redmi 6 out yet?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.