[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Im using this

HELP-Advanced-Soil-SHRIMP-8L-exotic-shrimp.jpg

the contend inside is like this one right?
ADA_soil.jpg

and not sand like this right?
5.jpg

cos substrate is very loosely used by hobbyists.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What i like about small fishes is that they will anything u feed them, sadly monster fishes die die must premium food..

So far i waste about $100 to train my Arowana to eat dried food. :s22:

waste is one thing the other is the uneaten/smashes pellet will dirty the tank and filter :(
No choice , eat good lunch then nice, nice then ppl buy :s22: it shop feed dried food it would go out of business Liao 😂

daedalus78

Reaction score
By loosely do you mean less often?

The soil’s size is quite similar to the new amazonia soil pocture you posted. I will post a picture of my current tank soon for better visualisation

Edit: Ok i guess by loosely you meant casually

Last edited:

Newbie12

Reaction score
remember not to load too much fish at one go.
your filter's BB still not ready yet.
Ya. Maybe a few fish first. Another oto died today. Guess it was too late to save it. Anyway the other 2 corys seem more lively that's all there are in the tank now haha

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
By loosely do you mean less often?

The soil’s size is quite similar to the new amazonia soil pocture you posted. I will post a picture of my current tank soon for better visualisation

Edit: Ok i guess by loosely you meant casually

looking forward to your pic.

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No choice , eat good lunch then nice, nice then ppl buy :s22: it shop feed dried food it would go out of business Liao 😂

haiz now i secretly feed mp+pellet hopefully my wife won't find out if not i gonna get fk again :(

daedalus78

Reaction score
Hi fellow shrimp keepers, I recently started a new shrimp tank and used the H.E.L.P advanced soil as my substrate.

However, after doing alot of rocks relocations, a fair bit of soil broke into finer particles. The water is still able to clear after leaving it to settle but the fine dust is very obvious on the substrate surface. Any slight disturbance near the substrate will result in a huge dust storm.

Should I cover the substrate with fine sand or gravel?

looking forward to your pic.

Here it is:

yz6Pxe8.jpg

HfpHfoN.jpg

In the second pic, you can see that just beneath the soil surface, theres alot of settled soil dust

Jon988

Reaction score
Among Seachem Flourish, Trace, Potassium, Nitrogen, Phosphorous, which one is the best for standalone use? With hairgrass, ferns and moss.

Last edited:

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
For aquarium light, is it advisable to switch it on throughout the day? I only off it during the night....

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Here it is:

yz6Pxe8.jpg

HfpHfoN.jpg

In the second pic, you can see that just beneath the soil surface, theres alot of settled soil dust

your type of soil is good for growing rooted plants and keeping CRS and Taiwan bee aka caridina.

just note that it will lower the pH and they will turn into "mud" in about 2 yrs time that where you need to replace it.

if you keep just cherry shrimp, its better to use just sand as cherry prefer higher ph and harder water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.